Kent’s face when he scored

I think he really needed to score, just to build his confidence
Hopefully he will go on to have a good season for us now.

He had a good game. Fantastic assist for the first goal, scores a cracker for the fourth.

Matondo also did well with his assist to Colak.

Much better from our front players today.

Lundstram aside, our midfield was poor again. It’s an area we badly need to upgrade. We cannot continue to hope that Ryan Jack and Arfield can roll back the years.

Certainly didn’t look like a guy who doesn't give a shit, he looked absolutely buzzing and it was brilliant to see.

Kent will be back to tare them apart……………very soon :cool:
He's probably just been disillusioned with his own performances. I've slated him recently but have always said if he gets a couple of goals in quick succession he'll be an absolute diamond for us so fingers crossed that's the 1st to get him going in the right direction.

He’s the most gifted player in the league.

He’s proven himself against the very best.

As with all above, hopefully the catalyst for him to kick on.

I think Kent has had a lot of bad luck in matches in recent months, lots of unlucky deflected shots and great saves etc. Hopefully this goal signals a change of luck and he gets the goals a lot of his play deserves.

Not won over yet. He needs to start performing consistently now after the shite he’s served up this season.

That assist was a peach though.

I think half his issue is that he often feels like he has to be the main guy and do everything himself.

He just needs to focus on the basics.

Arfield is the perfect example, not a technically great footballer but will still get 7-8 goals a season through sheer hard work and being in the right position at the right time.

Buzzing that he got that goal today, he genuinely looked relieved to finally get one.

I reckon that he overthinks every move, which inturn means he overplays...when he just keeps things simple, it works - hopefully see him kick on and do what he is capable of!

I think half his issue is that he often feels like he has to be the main guy and do everything himself.

He just needs to focus on the basics.

Arfield is the perfect example, not a technically great footballer but will still get 7-8 goals a season through sheer hard work and being in the right position at the right time.
Would get even more if he knew how to put his foot through the ball.

Hopefully that's that particular monkey off his back and it gives him the confidence to kick on to consistently be the player we know he CAN be!....starting on Tuesday!

Delighted for him his shooting at times can be poor but on other occasions he has been very unlucky. Hopefully they start to go in for him now.

Reactions: CF4
Contribution to first goal, quick delivery that's all it takes sometimes Ryan! Over complicates things a lot of the time

I obviously was sleeping for the first 90 minutes as apart from the assist I was struggling to see what impact he had in the game. He is our most skillful player but unfortunately he appears to me that he is not interested . Hopefully I am wrong but only time will tell

he looked lost and short of confidence for the majority of the game

then...

The look in the man’s face said it all. I’m not ashamed to admit I was jumping around singing Kent’ll tear you apart after his goal.

Cross for Colak was superb off the left foot. As we know, he's a massive confidence player so hopefully gives him some juice for Tuesday night!

Back