Kent domestic form

Being up for it means eff all if you don't deliver.

His goal scoring record in the spl is absolutely atrocious.
I totally agree but felt he played well in the first half today our wingers aren’t getting the service to be honest, too much effin about through midfield i still can’t tell what our style of play is? What are we trying to do?

He needs played on the right and Matondo/Lawrence/Sakala on the left
Said that in the match thread, why they don't swap over a few times during the game is beyond me. He might get down the line, look up and pick out Colak. As a striker Colak would much prefer the ball coming back towards him from the cross.

Said that in the match thread, why they don't swap over a few times during the game is beyond me. He might get down the line, look up and pick out Colak. As a striker Colak would much prefer the ball coming back towards him from the cross.
Under Gerrard the LW and RW swapped about a lot during games. I’ve not seen it once under Gio.

Matondo and Sakala are goal scorers let them come inside on their stronger foot Kent crosses better with his right and shoots better with his left let him loose on the right

He needs to start shooting more when he creates a bit of space. He's extremely talented, but needs to become more effective in the league.
Have you seen his shooting, that's why he doesn't do it very often? It's going past the far post or over and not by a couple of yards He's extremely limited in my opinion, doesn't have the composure of a top player. Try him on the right and ask him to get the ball to Colak, might be the making of him. None of this cutting inside into traffic all the time.

He needs to get to that level though.

£6-7m each.

We need him as a match winner. Need 15 goals and similar assists.
I just think his glass ceiling in terms of technique has been hit.

Like I said his passing is always under-hit and criminally inaccurate.

His shooting is absolutely wild.

His range of tricks to beat someone is the double step-over and a chop, which tbf he does well but that’s all he has in his locker.

We massively overpaid for him, IMO he was best when he was that hard working, unassuming winger in Gerard’s first season. A hard worker who suited his system and where we were as a club at the time.

He then seemed to change profile, especially as he moved to a central 10. He viewed himself as this creative monster, a Neymar type who can beat men from a standing start. He just isn’t that.

I’ve never known a winger to slow a game or attack down so much and be not be direct.

He will dribble across the pitch rather than down it in a game which is utterly insane.

He's lost something for me. Doesn't seem to have that desire to really drive at a player. In the first half he had space to attack Porteous, push him back into the box and force him to make a tackle but he stopped and put the ball 5 yards over the bar.

Kent's main purpose in this team at the moment is to draw defenders near him creating space for Barisic to get a cross in, that's it.

I totally agree but felt he played well in the first half today our wingers aren’t getting the service to be honest, too much effin about through midfield i still can’t tell what our style of play is? What are we trying to do?
The only pattern of play I see is the 2 centre backs knock it about to each other then it goes to Tav and they hope he does something.

If not it will go back and a long ball will be played.

It's so boring to watch and I hate saying that.

Does Kent actually believe he has what it takes? There were two clear occasions where the opportunity was there to take I. the last defender in front of him and he didn't take it, and another one in the box where instead of taking the shot he takes the extra touch. For a player of his ability he should be doing better at these times.

Kent needs to do more off the ball to create space for himself. He plants himself on the touch line with a man up his arse and then looks confused when Borna doesn’t give him the ball and he instead passes back the way.

If Borna had anything about him he would call Kent out on it, but he never does, which is part of the problem.

The problem is he won't learn if he hasn't by now. He's 26 in 3 months and hasn't Improved in his last 18 months, whereas he should be at the stage where he's untouchable in the spfl.

He's maybe gone stale in Scotland, many players have a life span up here. A decent fee and a move to a new league will probably suit all parties.
You may be right unfortunately

Been saying it got a while now. His lack of movement is appalling.

Borna doesn’t help himself at times but Kent offers him absolutely nothing when we have the ball in our own half.
U old enough to remember Stuart Munro… used to get pelters as Butcher gave him the ball when he no out, and always had to turn back.
As you say, Borna doesn’t help himself sometimes

I am getting sick of watching Ryan kent produce nothing in domestic football, his numbers are shocking for a guy with his talent. He had a few easy passes and layoffs today and didn't even manage that. Sakala and Wright get heavily criticised for parts of their game but kent seems to escape much criticism. Think it's time he gets benched and sakala gets a run. If for no other reason then it let's kent know he is not guaranteed a start anymore.
I got slaughtered last year for saying Jota is superior to Kent, absolutely ridiculed.

Numbers dont lie

Simply has to start producing in the final third. We all love his workrate but he's a forward who isn't scoring and isn't creating enough. Many writing off his talent but there's no doubt he can go past players with pace and skill. Just too often that's where it ends (if not out for a throw in when he shoots).

Never once does he make a run in behind the defence looking for a ball over the top.

A player who has flattered to deceive and does nothing domestically that justifies his place in the 11.

Sakala for all his faults, is a far better option for us imo, with his pace and willingness to shoot and run in behind.

Get him to f**ck, he’s not the answer. I’ve made excuses for him for long enough.
I will not be happy if he signs on for us, ffs get shot now, he’s the most frustrating Rangers player since Amato. So much talent with so little end product. A few flashes in Europe can only get you so far.

Kent will tear you apart, again (only in Europe though).

Amount of times he could’ve shot & didn’t was laughable.

Couldn’t care less how many times he skips past someone or checks inside someone, if his final ball isn’t up to it he’s no good to us.
Too guilty of one step over too many at times as well rather than a quick pass or a shot,which we could aim at a few players.

Matondo and Sakala are goal scorers let them come inside on their stronger foot Kent crosses better with his right and shoots better with his left let him loose on the right
Under Gerrard Kent was swapping wings and playing more of a free role at times. Under Gio he seems glued to the left touch line and it just doesn’t suit him IMO.

The best I have ever seen Kent play domestically is when after we won 55 and in the final games Gerrard played him in a #10, in a 4-3-1-2 … never to be tried again

What was it Roy Makaay said in his first week of training?

"It's not a circus"?

That's the issue with Kent. Loves a step over, hates a goal.
One thing that really annoys me and is a factor in his lack of goals is, when the right winger or Tav have the ball wide right and ready to cross it Kent is still so far wide on the left instead of coming inside and attacking the back post.

Notice it every single game, ball comes in and he’s not even reached the edge of the 18 yard box on the left.

A good goal scoring winger would come in narrow and attack the back post when the ball is in the opposite wing.

I really wonder what we are trying to do with Kent. The one season he did get good figures was when Gerrard moved him more central as a 10 and he was getting himself in the box and on the end of things.

GVB has him hugging the touchline. That would be fine if he got to the byeline and cut the ball back but he seems to just want to cut inside and beat 3 men running sideways

We should try him on the right and move Lawrence to his preferred position on the left with Tillman central

Seems to have started off the season more interested in beating as many men as he can or beating the same man more than once rather than play a clinical pass or have a shot when it's on.

Ryan Kent’s numbers are appalling, not sure he has scored a goal in the last year, Jota has scored a couple and about 10 assists already, can’t compare them…

He is shit out of confidence and form, and only positive you can say about the lad is he at least doesn't hide and constantly tries to show for it.

Wanted too many touches, didn't pass when should have (majority of time), shot when should have crossed, kept onto it when should have shot, and then when did shoot was woeful.

He also strikes me as type who will need to play himself into form, and a spell away will do neither him nor us any good - us as a team because we've not got much else in terms of viable alternatives.

You’re saying that as if it’s some sort of special quality he has that sets him apart.

That’s the least we should expect, on top of final third delivery. Which he doesn’t have, not consistently anyway.
Imo his numbers, especially in Scotland, are garbage. We dominate possesion against most teams and our wide players aren't asked to track back much. But his inability to provide assists or goals proves that. Over at that mob they have 2 wide players that contributed 30 goals between them and around 20 assists. Kents number of 3 goals and 11 assists I'm sure isn't good enough for a player that cost 8 million quid

I got slated and called all sorts of tim posters for saying it previously; I think Kent is a better technical player than Jota, sadly in last 18 months I know which one I'd prefer in my team.

Abada who doesn’t even start for them has far better numbers than Kent. Mentioned this during the summer and thought the lynch mob were coming to get me.

For me, he doesn’t contribute enough on a week to week basis & when he’s not on his game its like having 10 men on the park.

His assists and chance creation is fine, he hasn’t ever looked like scoring consistently except when he played central in 20/21.

Last year he registered 20 assists, according to TM (I know their definition of an assist may be different to other sites, or official figures)

His finishing is really, really poor.

Our top threat in the first half.
Non existent in the second.
I was still surprised he went off when he did as he could be the one player who could hold the ball for more than a few seconds.
I would have kept him on as well, but I can understand why Gio maybe wanted a more solid lineup at that time.

Our top threat in the first half.
Non existent in the second.
I was still surprised he went off when he did as he could be the one player who could hold the ball for more than a few seconds.
Why do we not switch wingers sides to mix it up? Kent is better on his left foot for some reason.

The amount of times I find myself screaming for him to hit the space, take the defender on try to get into the box , then he cuts back for the square pass is killing me...... and also when tav delivers from the right he's nowhere to be seen at the back post ! Why not ? Infuriating !!!

Windass could do everything he can do but windass could score
That is absolute bullshit.

Kent is not at it just now, and his numbers are poor but his workrate is always exemplary. He has had some incredible games in Europe for us.

Windlass is a lazy, arrogant, thick wanker who is currently plying his trade in league 1 in England.

I cannot believe anyone would still hark on about Windass.

Sad to say he is just not consistent enough.
Had one really great season #55.
Seems to thrive on the European stage, but just can't be arsed domestically.
Another who rarely gets dropped, no matter how poor he plays.
Which to me sends the wrong message to every other squad player.

Like someone in a podcast recently said, his inconsistency, and frankly end product, is the reason why he is not playing for Liverpool right now.

Quite frustrating.

Back