Kent off for Middleton

Kent was taken off because he was injured. Middleton has good things in his game but he’s better at the moment v teams that come onto us. He’s beenpoor against the low block.

Bad news if Kent is injured again. He looks the only player in our team capable of driving at players with the ball and creating a chance

Possibly till July next year for me.

A bit harsh. He’s went off the boil recently, there’s no doubt about that, but a young lad like that should be used sparingly and bled into the team over a couple of seasons. He’s a victim of his own success to an extent, he turned in some fantastic performances earlier in the year and now people expect that of him every week. He’ll be back, hopefully a stronger and better player.

Kent was injured. People saying that Kent was hopeless must be drunk. He was the one player breaking the lines and making the difference. Middleton was hopeless when he came on. He needs a break big style.

Edit. Just watched Gerrard's interview and Kent felt something wrong at the end of the first half so was taken off.

Last edited:
Kent came off because he was injured. Although I wouldn't have Middleton near the pitch until 15-20mins from the end as he is only really effective once the other team has tired. It seems to take him a fortnight to get the ball under control.
Kent wasn't amazing but he was dropping into spaces that was causing Dundee problems.

A bit harsh. He’s went off the boil recently, there’s no doubt about that, but a young lad like that should be used sparingly and bled into the team over a couple of seasons. He’s a victim of his own success to an extent, he turned in some fantastic performances earlier in the year and now people expect that of him every week. He’ll be back, hopefully a stronger and better player.
Don't expect it every week as that's a no-no from any winger at our level, but feel he is offering nothing, ball breaks down at him, never looks confident one v one, doesn't offer defensive cover Candeias Kent or even to a lesser extent Grezda does, so no from where I hope for us to be Glenn Middleton at this moment in time is miles off it.

Middleton has looked like he’s been running in quicksand for a while now. He has stopped running at defenders getting to the byline and his confidence is shot.
He is a one trick pony does not know or can’t cut inn defender knows where he is going before he does.

And the fantastic performances you mention. He came on away too Villarreal and helped change game and everything is getting based on that. Scored over in Moscow and it his the fact he was poor.

Don't expect it every week as that's a no-no from any winger at our level, but feel he is offering nothing, ball breaks down at him, never looks confident one v one, doesn't offer defensive cover Candeias Kent or even to a lesser extent Grezda does, so no from where I hope for us to be Glenn Middleton at this moment in time is miles off it.

I’d agree with everything you say there, but leaving him out for the rest of the season doesn’t do him or us any good.

And the fantastic performances you mention. He came on away too Villarreal and helped change game and everything is getting based on that. Scored over in Moscow and it his the fact he was poor.

Come on big man, are you honestly saying he’s only had one good game for us?? He’s played very well for us in a number of games, scored 3 goals and chipped in with a few assists. He’s also been involved with the Scotland set up.
The lad needs a few weeks on the sidelines, I said that during the game myself, but wingers- especially young wingers, need patience and time to develop.

Middleton needs to add some variety to his game.He needs to work on cutting inside on occasion.He is also not s quick over the the first 3 yards as he needs to be. These are similar faults to nae neck when he was younger so they can be coached out.

I’d agree with everything you say there, but leaving him out for the rest of the season doesn’t do him or us any good.

Come on big man, are you honestly saying he’s only had one good game for us?? He’s played very well for us in a number of games, scored 3 goals and chipped in with a few assists. He’s also been involved with the Scotland set up.
The lad needs a few weeks on the sidelines, I said that during the game myself, but wingers- especially young wingers, need patience and time to develop.
He's had a few good moments and a great game versus Ayr in the cup and potentials there but for me he's miles off where we want to be (,not the only one). Be honest what was your gut feeling on Wednesday with Glenn Middleton starting and then coming on today to try and help us get the win? Mines was nope.

I look at how we are playingwithRyan Jack. He’s too slow at moving the ball forward. Today against 10 men ou4 pace was abissmal. Our midfield had no imagination, don’t run at defences and can’t cross a ball. We float the ball into the goal.
I watched L@fferty today never in front of the central defender always behind him and their centre never missed a cross!
As for “Middleton” seldom takes @ full back on, back pass after back pass. A team lacking confidence, lacking teeth without Morelos.

Looking back on my first comment I was a bit harsh saying keep him away for the season and would agree with you that he needs took away from it for the near future and I'd use him sparingly from January onwards.

He's had a few good moments and a great game versus Ayr in the cup and potentials there but for me he's miles off where we want to be (,not the only one). Be honest what was your gut feeling on Wednesday with Glenn Middleton starting and then coming on today to try and help us get the win? Mines was nope.

He’s definitely went off the boil, can’t argue with that.

Middleton is a young man who won’t make the grade at Rangers, we don’t have 4-5 years to wait for him to develop. There’s nothing to show he’s good enough to wear the jersey. Just another Greg Wylde.
Well, I, and maybe I’m the only one, hopes that Middleton has as bad a career at Rangers as Gregg Wylde.

Middleton is a poor man’s Gregg Wylde. Stevie Wonder can see where he’s going when he gets the ball.

Really surprised by his lack of pace. Hasn't got the skill or ability to cross of a Tommy McLean yet to make the impact we were hoping for a couple of months ago.

Back