Kent update

That’s fantastic news to be honest, in facts it’s the best outcome for that sort of injury, these can easily lead to a 6 week lay off so I’m chuffed with that news.

I think realistically the best we can hope in terms of time frame is for him to come off the bench v Hamilton at Ibrox on the 6th of October- Personally doubt he will take part in that match though.

His next start will either be Hearts Away 20th Oct, Porto Away 24th Oct or Motherwell Home 27th Oct- I suspect it will be the latter.

It’s a positive update - but we’ve had them before.

My money would still be on us not seeing him until after the international break. Here’s hoping I’m wrong.

Great news, hopefully we see him back tormenting defenders towards the middle of October.

Hamstring injuries are always worrying and players often return a lot slower as they don't want to risk a recurrence.

Better to give it an extra week's recovery, than rush back too soon and be out for months mate.

Hamstring injuries are always worrying and players often return a lot slower as they don't want to risk a recurrence.

He was out for a prolonged spell last season with a hamstring injury (Nov/Dec) and came back to his best run of form. Here’s hoping.:)

Occupational hazard for a player of Kent’s style I’d suggest. It’s not his first and it won’t be his last.

Good news. Fingers crossed it settles and he is back and fighting fit in a fortnight. We should ease him back in gently.

True, that'a why I hope we take a long term view as regards to when he comes back, and the game time he does get in that process. In recent times for us Waghorn is a case in point; hamstring injuries are not necessarily that straightforward, and a player may need plenty of time to fully recover.

Here is a wee in-site video on hamstring injuries and the anatomy of the muscles.

Apologies for the sound.. lol

Back