Kevin Nisbet (Dunfermline) v Lawrence Shankland

Craig Skinner

Official Ticketer
I know we have had scouts watch Nisbet earlier in the season but looking at the stats his record is incredible, scoring at a similar level to Shankland.

Im not for one minute saying hes at our standard for our 1st team right now, but looking at the rise of Shankland possibly worth few hundred grand bid.

44 goals in 53 games in last 2 seasons. Worth noting his 15/19 this season has came in a dunfermline team mid table where shankland has scored 22 in the team running away with it.

Bring him in see what we have then move on if not food enough. If you consider the youths we have brought through ourselves in recent years Rudden/Dallas/Hardie etc they went out and played at similar level and came nowhere near these numbers.

id bring in dykes before the two of them
The boy at livi? Don’t think he’s anywhere near the level we need. Nor do I think the other 2 would either. Clark showed me you can bang them in at a lower level and then fail at us.

Not seen much of either of them so not sure who would be the better bet. Wouldn't do much harm bringing either in as third choice striker. Limited actual game time but the opportunity to bring on in our training/development system.

I've thought for a while we should pick up players like him.

Sign him for a low fee, can easily be put on loan if not ready for our 1st team squad, does well then we have the option to hold onto him or sell him for a profit. If not good enough at all then pretty low risk.

I've thought for a while we should pick up players like him.

Sign him for a low fee, can easily be put on loan if not ready for our 1st team squad, does well then we have the option to hold onto him or sell him for a profit. If not good enough at all then pretty low risk.

It's the model Ajax use, obviously on a higher scale. Normally wouldn't be attracted to any player here but those numbers are very impressive.

Nisbet scored a great goal tonight and his stats are excellent. Wouldnt surprise me if we made a move for him and not Shankland.

Last edited:
A goals record like that in the 2nd tier in scotland is nowhere near junior level.

Also the fact that you say Dunfermline are at junior level doesnt that make his goals record all the more impressive!?

What would you say about the Andy Robertson scenario? As I said, few hundred grand you never know.
I know it is difficult to spot potential but I watched Robertson at Hampden against us when he was an 18 year old - he looked exceptional. There will be some young players in the lower leagues who will make it but I think that Robertson was a once in a generation player

I know it is difficult to spot potential but I watched Robertson at Hampden against us when he was an 18 year old - he looked exceptional. There will be some young players in the lower leagues who will make it but I think that Robertson was a once in a generation player

we had lee wallace playing at the time can you imagine us signing a queens Park left back at the time ? no one did and thank god we didn't its not as if we're noted for playing youths

The boy at livi? Don’t think he’s anywhere near the level we need. Nor do I think the other 2 would either. Clark showed me you can bang them in at a lower level and then fail at us.

Nicky Clark scored in league one and league two when we bought him. These guys are scoring regularly in the championship and in shanklands case he scored against SPFL clubs in the cup too.

Saw him 5 times that season
QP conceded quite a few and he must have been bang average
Always amazed years on people remember how good he was
Not one person even mentioned him at the time

only guy in that QP team that stood out was Blair Spital

we had lee wallace playing at the time can you imagine us signing a queens Park left back at the time ? no one did and thank god we didn't its not as if we're noted for playing youths
I accept that we had Wallace to the time. However, Robertson impressed me more than any other young defender in the 50 + years that I have been watching Rangers. I thought it amazing that only Dundee Utd took a punt.

Imho he never once looked exceptional against us that season. His biggest development phase took place in the 2 years after that. Again though its only a low risk we would be taking, we might never see him in the 1st team but then again...

Saw him 5 times that season
QP conceded quite a few and he must have been bang average
Always amazed years on people remember how good he was
Not one person even mentioned him at the time

only guy in that QP team that stood out was Blair Spital
He looked quality to me. Fast, comfortable on the ball and could tackle. I made a point of watching him more closely at Ibrox and thought the same. I rarely notice the opposition players - I concentrate too much on us. As a result I have missed many youngsters who reached the top. But I genuinely thought he stood out and said so to my mates at the time.

i know Nesbitt from his time at Thistle.He had a poor attitude and getting released gave him a jolt to take his fitness and game seriously. He's a mentally challenged though maybe not a bitter.I don't think he's near our level.

I know we have had scouts watch Nisbet earlier in the season but looking at the stats his record is incredible, scoring at a similar level to Shankland.

Im not for one minute saying hes at our standard for our 1st team right now, but looking at the rise of Shankland possibly worth few hundred grand bid.

44 goals in 53 games in last 2 seasons. Worth noting his 15/19 this season has came in a dunfermline team mid table where shankland has scored 22 in the team running away with it.

Bring him in see what we have then move on if not food enough. If you consider the youths we have brought through ourselves in recent years Rudden/Dallas/Hardie etc they went out and played at similar level and came nowhere near these numbers.
The classic “sign him and loan him back” possibility.
As was Shankland!

These are the type of players we should be taking a punt on as 3rd choice striker. If he doesn’t work out doesn’t cost us much, but if he does half decent we can sell him on for a fee. He also wouldn’t need time to get used to the game

What would you say about the Andy Robertson scenario? As I said, few hundred grand you never know.
Robertson was given a step up and made it seamlessly, he was then given another step up and completed it again with some elan, he has since been elevated onto the highest stage on the planet and continues not just to surpass all expectations but seems capable of growing with a team who are themselves as a unit growing into a football monster.
Who knows?
These are calls that take a lot of perception.

I'm a better shout for Rangers than Shankland.
What is wrong with people? Can you imagine playing Braga and Shankland is leading the line?
Mental! Batshit mental!!!!

Haha, I'm not promoting the signing of any of them mate. Simply saying that those promoting Shankland is a lazy link because he is scoring for the run away leaders.

Back