Key role for Lowry this season?

His role is really the Aribo one and in Lawrence and the 6m French guy we are looking to get capable of that role then I only see him getting fleeting minutes off the bench and the low level cup games this season. I rate him extremely highly but he won't be a key player this year I don't think.

He’ll play a big part this season, he’s not an immediate replacement for Aribo this season yet.

No chance can he play best part of 50 games right now without breaking down.

Signings and squad rotation will help his development no end if he can make 20-25 games this season.

This season, as I have previously mentioned, the most important thing for Lowry, is to be around the first team squad full time. Season after he’ll play a key role. This season will be full time first team concentrated training and minutes when possible. Season after, he’ll be a near enough first 11 always.

His role is really the Aribo one and in Lawrence and the 6m French guy we are looking to get capable of that role then I only see him getting fleeting minutes off the bench and the low level cup games this season. I rate him extremely highly but he won't be a key player this year I don't think.
Hopefully we have as many games as last year. I think with the 5 sub rule he will get significant game time. As with the post by Simply a bear, above, I am really looking forward to seeing him this season.

He has the talent to force his way into the mix for a starting position. Not in every game atm but certainly more and more as he develops.

Last season he was a young player breaking into the first team this season I think he’ll be more of a squad player who’ll come in for cup games and when first team players are injured or needing a rest.

I can see Lowry getting 10 starts over the season and maybe 20 appearances in total. That will be decent progression for him IMHO.

Great prospect but still has to learn that the game isn't only played in the opposition half. I'm confident he will get there but he has a way to go yet.

This lad has that 'X Factor' about him, you can just tell he's a naturally gifted footballer, especially with that finish against Hearts, that was pure cheek and filth, which we need from an AM.

Watching him, it's as if he's been playing in a Spanish or Portuguese youth academy, I'm fully aboard the Alex Lowry hype train.

I really like Lowry and think he is a magnificent young player. When he does eventually leave us in the future, I hope to god he is a player that we get top dollar for as he is just so talented.

Most exciting attacking prospect that I can remember in a long time. Looking forward to see how he develops this season and hopefully he gets a decent number of appearances.

Does anyone know if he has a slight injury at the moment?

In the training clips I can only see him doing gym work.

Hopefully we can get our finger out this season n kill the dross off within the hour and then actually use the 5 subs rule to give players like lowery and McCann minutes

I agree with this . I think people are getting carried away with the amount of game time he can expect to see next year.

Sometimes managers provide sound bites about players when asked questions by the press. Gerrard used to do it quite a lot with Steven Kelly but the reality was he didn’t rate hime enough to start a cup game.

Whilst I think Gio rates him higher than Gerrard did Kelly , I see no discernible evidence that he is going to start him in any meaningful game anytime soon.

I hope I am wrong as it will mean Lowry has impressed . He may get a chance in the league cup then it’s up to him.

I think it will be up to him and how he performs. Dave Vos has a good reputation for bringing young players through. Lowrie has no right to be a first pick but he might force it!

He’ll get a good run of games. 15-25 games I’d imagine he’ll play. Really am buzzing at the thought of him and king getting minutes this season

I hope he gets the gametime his performances and talent deserve.

Theres absolutely no reason why Lowry doesn't start against the likes of Ross County, St Mirren, St Johnstone etc at Ibrox.

Hes more than good enough, age shouldn't matter.

Hopefully see him in the friendlies, i think that will give us a better idea if Gio intends to use him much this season. IMO we need to get him in the team, especially at Ibrox where teams are sitting deeper and he can get on the ball and create. We need to be showing our young talents that if they stay and sign a contract that they will get opportunities. There were times last season that I thought he would be ideal to come on and make something happen.

What's with the phobia at this club in playing young players who are clearly good enough? Seen enough of Lowry to tell me he's ready to play a major role this season.

I’m not sure if maybe I missed him, but I could not see his distinctive locks in the training videos in Portugal.
I take it he is in the camp?
Can anyone confirm?

He will get his chance and let's be honest if he shows up like he has the ability to do, he keeps his place in the team.

I’m not sure if maybe I missed him, but I could not see his distinctive locks in the training videos in Portugal.
I take it he is in the camp?
Can anyone confirm?
The video footage shows him in the gym doing weights. Can't say I've seen him on the pitch yet but I may simply have missed it. Definitely in Portugal though.

Just looked back through the Portugal videos and I don't think I've seen Lowry on the grass in any of them. Only in the Gym. Wonder if he picked up a knock in the game against Thistle?

Other notable absences are Morelos who, again, only features in the Gym and McGregor who I think I saw once on the pitch, very briefly.

I can see Lowry getting 10 starts over the season and maybe 20 appearances in total. That will be decent progression for him IMHO.

Great prospect but still has to learn that the game isn't only played in the opposition half. I'm confident he will get there but he has a way to go yet.
He should be starting home games against the bottom six

He needs to develop

With our new signings we look to be going up a level

Colak finishing in the training videos looks top notch

Back