Key to the game next week

freelj

Look back on last years league games...

1-5. Well in the game at 1-2. Fall apart after losing the 3rd. Red card. Game over.

1-2. Take the lead. Doing well. After equaliser we looked like a team waiting to lose.

1-1. Stayed in the game. Showed character got a goal.

1-5. Good start. Lost a goal. Fell apart.

Common theme is bar one game we fell apart in the face of adversity and rolled over.

With guys like Dorrans and Alves this year we won't buckle so easily.

I genuinely think they are overhyped. Granted for SPFL level they are an excellent outfit with top players. But they do have weaknesses and we should not fear them at Ibrox.

What will define next week is how we react to challenges that come up during the 90. If we stand up to them we can end their unbeaten run.

Look back on last years league games...

1-5. Well in the game at 1-2. Fall apart after losing the 3rd. Red card. Game over.

1-2. Take the lead. Doing well. After equaliser we looked like a team waiting to lose.

1-1. Stayed in the game. Showed character got a goal.

1-5. Good start. Lost a goal. Fell apart.

Common theme is bar one game we fell apart in the face of adversity and rolled over.

With guys like Dorrans and Alves this year we won't buckle so easily.

I genuinely think they are overhyped. Granted for SPFL level they are an excellent outfit with top players. But they do have weaknesses and we should not fear them at Ibrox.

What will define next week is how we react to challenges that come up during the 90. If we stand up to them we can end their unbeaten run.

I'm not so sure about that,those two haven't been great so far

bollocks

first 5-1 we were never in it
new year game we took lead but we were lucky it wasnt another 5-1 with chances they had
LC Semi 1-0 should have been more, keeper was mom by a country mile
1-1 done well to stay in it
SC Semi 2-0 should have been more
last 5-1 disgraceful showing

we were outplayed, out run, out muscled, out thought.....

after last night i hae no confidence in getting a result

I think the key is dropping Miller and starting either Pena or Rossiter. Preferably the later.

Also Dorrans needs to show up.

Them having 1 actual centre back is there to be exploited especially with the form Morelos is in, an early goal and the noise from the bears in the stand and we'll get there

bollocks

new year game we took lead but we were lucky it wasnt another 5-1 with chances they had

Don't say that on here you'll get accused of being a Tim. Although I agree with everything you just said

The bottom line is, we need to get tore right into them from the outset. Do what other teams do to us. Get in their faces, challenge for every single ball. Get dirty. Be tough and let them away with nothing.

Will we get decisions against us? Probably. But if we go toe to toe with them, they will beat us. We need to get nasty with this shower of scum. Every single player has to have passion coming out their ears and shown nothing less than 100% commitment.

We remain lightweight in midfield; this is where the game is always won and lost.

I expect them to run over the top of us again.

Even with rossiter in there helping he's still not the biggest or strongest
Surely it's our best option
Match them
An fight for everything
Aberdeen showed in the cup final
You can do it
But they ran out of steam

Even with rossiter in there helping he's still not the biggest or strongest
Surely it's our best option
Match them
An fight for everything
Aberdeen showed in the cup final
You can do it
But they ran out of steam
What makes you think we won't do the same, we have had spells in almost every game this season when we have switched off, said to say the dhims will punish us if we make the kind of basic mistakes as last night. Now, they aren't invincible so with some some luck, passion and the fans behind us we can beat them. Patience from support will be key as there will be periods in game when well be on the rack

The 5-1 reverse at Ibrox worries me, we completely gave up that day and turned in the most embarrassing, inept performance I have witnessed in all my years watching us play them.

I'm genuinely fearful there could be a repeat, Griffiths, Dembele, Roberts, Sinclair against our back line is a terrifying thought.

The ironic thing is that this a a game where we might need Miller's experience. We are starting with so many virgins to this game who may get caught up in the atmosphere.

The main thing for me is to ensure that our two wide midfielders track back and double up on their wingers when we don't have the ball.

It's a simple request and something that should be done automatically.

In both the 5-1 games we tried to relentlessly press and harry them in search of a goal in the first 20 minutes, and ultimately gassed.

I'd have us keeping it tight for 70 minutes, then hit them with the relentless press.

I'm keen to see how candeias, morelos and jack perform. I think they could be the key. Jack will get stuck in and won't be bullied. If we get the ball to morelos then he will beat gordon.

The bottom line is, we need to get tore right into them from the outset. Do what other teams do to us. Get in their faces, challenge for every single ball. Get dirty. Be tough and let them away with nothing.

Will we get decisions against us? Probably. But if we go toe to toe with them, they will beat us. We need to get nasty with this shower of scum. Every single player has to have passion coming out their ears and shown nothing less than 100% commitment.

Totally agree. If we can't match them man for man, we need to make it a fight. Something that we've been missing from the squad for years.

Take chances we will create . Get right into them and don't give them any respect whatsoever. Any decisions against us get into the referees face , fight fire with fire .

Need to stop them having easy possession and knocking about the back. Aberdeen did that in cup final but ran out of legs after 60-65 minutes. In simple terms everyone has to put in a full shift and not get sloppy in possession.

Tactical discipline,possesion,win individual battles and take our chances. Play hard for 90 minutes

bollocks

Nice to see you staying positive and getting behind the team !

Asides from the 1-1 game we were utter garbage in thenrest. The ne'erday game could quite easily have been 6 or 7.

What makes you think we won't do the same, we have had spells in almost every game this season when we have switched off, said to say the dhims will punish us if we make the kind of basic mistakes as last night. Now, they aren't invincible so with some some luck, passion and the fans behind us we can beat them. Patience from support will be key as there will be periods in game when well be on the rack

I just hope we match them for fight an commitment
Don't let the heads go down
The fans will be patient if they see this happening

Sat in our own half the whole game in the Scottish Cup semi and lost 2-0.
Sat in our own half the whole game in the League semi and lost 1-0 in the last minute.

Foderingham saved us from a battering in the 31st December game even though we were excellent for the first 25 mins.

We lost all sorts of way last season. Not sure what conclusion can be drawn from the defeats.

Unfortunately they'll have 5 in midfield and I doubt Caixinha will change from our usual formations so our midfield will be overwhelmed and the defence will be pressed constantly.

I think it'll have to be an immense showing from our defence and goalie and we'll hit on the counter or on long passes in behind their midfield.

Still, I'm a lot more confident than last season as we've definitely got players that are in form and can hit on the break, and I'd never write off Kenny for a goal against them!

Came on to post the exact same thing. Did Kevin Thomson not say in a recent interview that at times under Smith they knew the rats had a better team than us but we would turn it into a fight and out-battle them?

Wee need to be street smart and get tore right in. If we go head to head on footballing ability it could be a long day.

Last season against them is history. It should have no bearing on this season. This is a new team that we have give or take one or two players. So belief is absolutely crucial. Belief that we can match them with controlled aggression, no fear, closing them down, being in their faces for ninety minutes. Box clever' wind up Brown and Griffiths. Let Roberts and Sinclair know 'we are there' early doors. They are not as good as they think or make out. Rosenborg and St Johnstone got draws against them and very nearly beat them at the piggery. Astana put four past them to win. ' We now have what we haven't had for a long time, a very good finisher in Morelos. Their defence is the dodgy part of their team and needs exploited by Candeias and Morelos and whomever gets the left wing gig. And the fans must play their part, Ibrox should be rocking. Rangers fans should never ever fear that lot.

The 5-1 reverse at Ibrox worries me, we completely gave up that day and turned in the most embarrassing, inept performance I have witnessed in all my years watching us play them.

I'm genuinely fearful there could be a repeat, Griffiths, Dembele, Roberts, Sinclair against our back line is a terrifying thought.
Have some milk and a chocolate biscuit mate you'll come out the other side promise

Back