Kicked Out Of Europe This Season – It Can Happen

The people involved in this single minded agenda find our very existence sectarian. You’d think the dead rubber against St Joseph’s was some seething hotbed of bigotry when it was nothing of the sort.

This is all bullshit. I’ve already said people need to stop singing the add-ons however this won’t be enough, there will always be something else and no-one else will be held to the same standard. FARE will have the bit between their teeth now, nothing is going to stop them reporting us. The ball is well and truly burst.

Look at the fuss about Steve Clarke last season. A few hundred of our fans were wrong but 60k belting the same song at Steven Gerrard passes without comment. This is what we are up against.

Whether what you say with regards to being treated differently or not is true is largely irrelevant.

Unfortunately in life complete parity will never exist. We deal with what is in front of US and no-one else. Let's not bury our heads in the sand and ignore the warnings because we feel unfairly treated. That will only land us in a much worse position. Let's worry about getting our own house in order

Stop the nonsense and we will have no issues. It really is that simple.

Nothing will ever change when you have some of the support so determined to keep singing the songs and portraying themselves as victims because it gets reported. FARE clearly target us more than others but they simply cant fake reports of what we sing. It's unfortunate but if the club are serious about stomping this out supporters are going to have to be banned for years if caught and the support are going to have to self police. Singing certain songs and seeing the club punished or simply singing other songs that are appropriate and not having to worry about this, it's not a fucking hard choice

I put nothing past those FARE bastards.

"Fair and impartial" my fucking arse, they are gunning for us and only us.

They spent all of our European games last season gnashing at the teeth and foaming at the mouth to get us kicked out and seem to have come back more rabid than ever this season.

The people involved in this single minded agenda find our very existence sectarian. You’d think the dead rubber against St Joseph’s was some seething hotbed of bigotry when it was nothing of the sort.

This is all bullshit. I’ve already said people need to stop singing the add-ons however this won’t be enough, there will always be something else and no-one else will be held to the same standard. FARE will have the bit between their teeth now, nothing is going to stop them reporting us. The ball is well and truly burst.

Look at the fuss about Steve Clarke last season. A few hundred of our fans were wrong but 60k belting the same song at Steven Gerrard passes without comment. This is what we are up against.
When the 60.000 scum shouted that the board should have come out all guns blazing but didn't that's what your up against look at the mhob who backed that dick boyd

I'm looking (clutching) for a positive in all this.

If it makes people wake up and realise the seriousness of the shit we could be in if these songs/words continue, hopefully it will finally get through to them that it's time to stop.

Bang on the money. If it’s not this, it will be some other scheme harm us. It’s incredulous that some just can’t understand this.

Hundreds if not thousands are going to be banned from Ibrox for their behaviour, it’s inevitable. I hope they really believe it’s worth it to keep singing knowing they’ll never see 55 and more with their own eyes.

Thankfully we’ve plenty waiting to fill their empty seats.

I would say the chances of us getting kicked out are high, in fact I would say it’s patently obvious it will happen.

They are dishing out retrospective punishments for previous games, they are not going to just turn a blind eye to the games that have happened since.

this is our last chance imo with uefa imo, with that banner in place on thursday night, any noticeable singing that they deem unacceptable and we are totally f*cked, again imo

There are plenty on here that dont seem to care about justice or equality. They dont understand what we're up against or how to deal with it. Much like our board.

We can protest the hypocrisy after we have ensured our club is safe.

I’m not sure we can protest injustice though. For all that virtually no one actually means the words in the songs, the ones being targeted *are* sectarian/racist/whatever word is most acceptable. We shouldn’t be singing them. Especially when there have been significant efforts to increase our songbook with good tunes without these associations. When others sing equally racist/sectarian/whatever songs then they should not complain about injustice when we call for them to be hammered too. But we love Rangers more than we hate them. We look after our own club first.

uefa rules refer to these further punishments in the light of “recidivism,” which generally means repeating the offence after having been punished for the first one. I’m hanging on to the hope that means we won’t be further punished for anything between St Joseph’s and now, but who knows.

Almost inevitable we’ll play a game behind closed doors if we get to the group stage though, as I doubt we can count on folk zipping it.

That thought crossed my mind but I do think this sanction was meant to serve as a punishment and test to how we will behave in future games. If they are waiting to drop stuff from Progress etc then there's very little we can do about it now.

Did what? If they are only now making disciplinary decisions on QR1, then QR2, QR3, and the play off round could see more sanctions follow.

When was the last time i team was kicked out while playing in the competition?

Hundreds if not thousands are going to be banned from Ibrox for their behaviour, it’s inevitable. I hope they really believe it’s worth it to keep singing knowing they’ll never see 55 and more with their own eyes.

The club dont need to go down this road. There are better alternatives but these require vision.

I really don't believe I'm reading this.
I'd be more likely to belt someone cos I'm hard as fucking nails but can understand if other bears don't want to confront a drunken arsehole who hates 19th Century Terrorist's and the Pope more than he loves Rangers. Smack in the mouth or get them reported, both completely fair actions when they are putting out club in jeopardy

UEFA are not handing out punishment based on what some loons on Twitter think. It's about 19th Century Terrorists and the pope. Stop muddying the waters with this obtuse nonsense.

I think this is what's known as a no brainer.

Im not being obtuse im trying to get posters like you to understand that the boards' simplistic approach wont work. Cant you see that?

I really don't believe I'm reading this.
What’s hard to believe?

Would you rather these idiots get our stadium shut and get us kicked out of Europe? Will they stump up the millions it’ll cost us?

The club asking them hasn’t stopped them.
If this doesn’t stop them
What will?
What’s your solution?

I'd be more likely to belt someone cos I'm hard as fucking nails but can understand if other bears don't want to confront a drunken arsehole who hates 19th Century Terrorist's and the Pope more than he loves Rangers. Smack in the mouth or get them reported, both completely fair actions when they are putting out club in jeopardy
The grass line doesn't sit well with me.

What’s hard to believe?

Would you rather these idiots get our stadium shut and get us kicked out of Europe? Will they stump up the millions it’ll cost us?

What will?
What’s your solution?
If you're so strongly against it, have the balls to confront it.

Especially not when they’re with their younger brother (my case)
Don’t want a record for assault and a ban for themselves as well

Rangers know every fan that attended the ST Joseph’s game via Travel Club , they can also play back the game and see who and what’s been sung, there was no outcry after the game so what’s changed ? Something stinks here and the board need to get it sorted ASAP. If there’s an agenda against the club.
They need to look at clubs in Europe and see what’s been going on and sanctions taken against them to compare this. I can’t see us being kicked out of Europe no chance.

I think this is what's known as a no brainer.

Im not being obtuse im trying to get posters like you to understand that the boards' simplistic approach wont work. Cant you see that?

If The Billy Boys wasn't sung at the St Josephs match, we wouldn't be facing a 3000 seat closure. That's what I see.

I'm sick fed up hearing folk saying "aye, but if it wasn't that they'd have done us for The Bluebells Are Blue". No, they wouldn't have.

If you're so strongly against it, have the balls to confront it.
And do what?
Get into a fight, lose my season ticket and get a criminal record all cos some arsehole puts his own bigoted beliefs ahead of the good of the football club he claims to support

What’s hard to believe?

What will?
What’s your solution?
My solution would be asking UEFA to explain where the racism part comes in.
Only dictators find you guilty without trial.

I'd doubt the numbers who will refuse to bin the problem songs and add ons will total in to the hundreds, far less the thousands.

However, even one person refusing to grow up for the sake of the club is too many.

Rangers know every fan that attended the ST Joseph’s game via Travel Club , they can also play back the game and see who and what’s been sung, there was no outcry after the game so what’s changed ? Something stinks here and the board need to get it sorted ASAP. If there’s an agenda against the club.
They need to look at clubs in Europe and see what’s been going on and sanctions taken against them to compare this. I can’t see us being kicked out of Europe no chance.

It was the home game

Can only hope this is a massive wake up call for people, there is no place for this sort of behaviour. All it does is damages our club

Why would you grass in fellow Rangers supporters?

Maybe have a word with them first.
You'd like to think that those who have been guilty of singing these songs wouldn't need someone to have a word with them.

If they still continue and risk further penalties against the club they claim to support they will fully deserve all that is likely to come to them.

Back