Killie fans 'feel intimidated' when Old Firm visit Rugby Park, says Billy Bowie

Exactly, people may laugh at how plastic and tourist friendly the English league is, well they've got a TV deal worth almost £5billion. They talk up their game, up here on the other hand the media and fans greet about having scraps while refusing to talk up the game and instead try to force any talented players we have out the league.

We get what we deserve.
Absolutely mate. Scottish football gets what it deserves.

Not one bit of genuine progress has been attempted over the past 30 years or so.

TV companies are right to give them minimal investment. The product is f.ucking awful. And it is self inflicted.

If you run the game to the ground on and off the pitch and you settle for stagnation, then it is only right that you get f.uck all in reward.

Typical of large parts of the Scottish mentality. Do f.uck all to improve things but moan for more money. It's laughable.

If they want to sell tickets to their own fans at their own ground and they think they can do without the ‘blue pound’ than fair enough.

The problem becomes when the inevitable glory hunters bugger off in a season or two and they come crawling back hat in hand and too many bears are gullible enough to tell them to stick it.

They might sell a few more tickets for the game. But we all know their crowds will be back to being pathetic 4 weeks into next season

Glory hunters, at Kilmarnock?????

Their crowds have been pathetic for ever. When they won the title in 1965 they averaged less than 10,000.

We need to play the long game here. They'll take the financial hit short term.

What kind of club lets its supporters be intimidated for years on end without taking action?

They really have taken up the baton of being one of the most pathetic clubs in the UK.
I used to have respect for Kilmarnock but the past few years this has dissipated to the extent it's gone now.An absolute poor excuse of a club,from Billy Bowie to that rocket of manager they have.
The fans?....don't go there !.

I don't understand the uproar on here and on social media, we'll still have a very good allocation of 4k+, one of the bigger ones of the year.

They've just done what the majority of their supporters no doubt want, less OF fans at Rugby Park. FF w*nked itself senseless when the same decision was made last summer regarding the 19th Century Terrorists allocation.
If it was the start of the season, I don't think there would be much comment. They have done it though safe in the knowledge that they have had 2 full Rangers ends and the share of a cup tie. I'm not one of these Blue Pound extremists, but I do think they have taken the cash off us and are now acting like they don't need us. No way would they have done this for the first game of the season in case it caused lower Rangers attendances throughout the season.

It’s their stadium and if that’s true they have listened to their fans then the should be applauded for putting their fans first before money not many clubs do that but when the inevitable happens and they try and offer the allocation back and then we as a support and the club should say no.

They will feel it next season if the play the us 3 or 4 times down there with half the gate money and that mob because that’s a helluva lot of money to leave on the table.

I don't understand the uproar on here and on social media, we'll still have a very good allocation of 4k+, one of the bigger ones of the year.

They've just done what the majority of their supporters no doubt want, less OF fans at Rugby Park. FF w*nked itself senseless when the same decision was made last summer regarding the 19th Century Terrorists allocation.
We had bears ready to take their place. Kilmarnock don't. Financial suicide.

Billy Bowie sounds like a Protestant Ziggy Stardust tribute act.

I’ll bet he doesn’t play Rebel Rebel during any of his gigs.

Kilmarnock are perfectly within their rights to do this, but I bet you any money you like that come the start of next season they’ll happily extend our allocation again for the simple reason that a club like Kilmarnock needs the revenue four full houses against the Old Firm every season brings - it’s why we still play everyone 4 times a season remember.

if bowie feels their fans are intimidated then maybe kilmarnock should push for a bigger league where we only play each other away once and home once.
how about it billy?

Kilmarnock are perfectly within their rights to do this, but I bet you any money you like that come the start of next season they’ll happily extend our allocation again for the simple reason that a club like Kilmarnock needs the revenue four full houses against the Old Firm every season brings - it’s why we still play everyone 4 times a season remember.

I hope next season we only take one stand, although it sounds like Killie might only be offering us and Celtic that anyway.

As you say it is Killie's right to do as they please, this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion as usual.

For fuuck sake. I despise the sanitisation of football. If you are going to shite you pants at away fans, take up some pish like rugby and let the rest of us get on with it.

Last edited:
They have always been pricks. I'm glad those outwith the area are now seeing this. 2012 was when their masks slipped big time. Sure there are the ones who prefer us over Celtic but that's usually based on perceived religious preference as much as anything. There's a lot of them I've never spoken to again and I pray they go under.

weren't they one of the few (perhaps even only?) clubs that abstained from voting us down?

This doesnt bother me in the slightest - its their funeral. However it does expose two things - first is the fear of the Celtic 'machine' and second is the small minded mentality of Scottish football clubs

Killie don't have a big support 4/5 thousand time to take a stand and take no tickets f..k them and as for their sectarian issue Killie fans call us h/ns n orange b f..k them.

A stadium full of football fans intimidated?

Truly pathetic. Painting us as big bad Rangers as usual, hit them where it hurts bears.

I hope next season we only take one stand, although it sounds like Killie might only be offering us and Celtic that anyway.

As you say it is Killie's right to do as they please, this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion as usual.

If Killie are happy to slash the allocation of ourselves and the Beasts and play in a half empty stadium, perhaps they’ll also be happy to talk about expanding the league and returning to playing each other just twice a season.

Me too.
However, we both know we'll sell every ticket available to us and continue to fund our haters.
That’s the saddest part of all this.We all know they hate us yet we continue to dig them out a hole season after season.Time we wised up and thought about it.

It's notable we're getting all this 'we don't need your custom' shite when they've already had their quota of income from us this season. I'd like us to tell them to ram it next season & take minimum allocation for every game. See how they like them apples.

That’s the saddest part of all this.We all know they hate us yet we continue to dig them out a hole season after season.Time we wised up and thought about it.
We must give these clubs enough to pay their wage bill for a month and more each time we visit.
Yet, we still get treated like sh1t and, worse, allow it.
I get the desire to follow follow but I hate the price our fans need to pay.
The price being that we’re their lifeline.

If Killie are happy to slash the allocation of ourselves and the Beasts and play in a half empty stadium, perhaps they’ll also be happy to talk about expanding the league and returning to playing each other just twice a season.
Good point,the main reason we have 12 teams and the daft split in fixtures is so more of these teams get revenue from us and the bheasts.

Would be very happy for that to happen.

Take one stand from now on, Tell them to ram any cries of an additional stand. A lot of Bears will miss out but from my selfish point of view, I want to hurt the fuckers financially.

Yes they were the only Premier team to abstain but in many ways that was worse, they knew it was wrong but didn't have the bottle to back us,,, so they copped out instead
not strictly true, the scum also abstained as their dirty work was already done by the other scum clubs.
%^*& kilmarnock, no friends of ours.

I'd at least have a little respect for them if they came out and said %^*& you it's our stadium and we'll do what we like.

Embarrassing stuff.

It's a crazy decision financially for them but not surprising. Scotland's the only league in the world that you see whole stands of empty seats for a live TV game. Wouldn't have a problem if clubs were selling out their home end but seeing thousands of empty seats is just a joke.

I thought they couldn't afford to pull up their plastic park, but its obvious, if they can afford to lose money in away tickets, they could pull that abomination of a park up

For Old Firm read Celtic. Its only rolled out these days to share Celtics hooliganism.

Exactly and a point that will be lost on the rest of Scottish football and those who report on it.

A direct result of the behaviour of the tramps and no doubt we will somehow end up coming out as the villain here.

Exactly and a point that will be lost on the rest of Scottish football and those who report on it.

A direct result of the behaviour of the tramps and no doubt we will somehow end up coming out as the villain here.

That’s what I’m led to believe by Killie supporting friend, he says they don’t turn up because of the scums behaviour has never said the same for us.

I was at Killie back in Jan and we mingled with more than a few of their fans before and after the game, I'm calling BS on that report.

They should feel I intimidated, and they still will if they cut the allocation, we have a great away support.

Exactly, people may laugh at how plastic and tourist friendly the English league is, well they've got a TV deal worth almost £5billion. They talk up their game, up here on the other hand the media and fans greet about having scraps while refusing to talk up the game and instead try to force any talented players we have out the league.

We get what we deserve.
Can't argue with that at all mate.

I think Billy is digging himself a fairly large hole & he'd be better served stopping digging.

At various points in the last couple of seasons we have had Hibs, Aberdeen & now Kilmarnock deliberately & actively turning away thousands of "customers" who want to attend football matches & will pay lots of money to them for the privilege.

An entertainment industry taking this approach is truly staggering.
Hibs and hearts doing it fair enough as there getting crowds of about 15/16k regularly but teams like killie and the sheep we need to be teaching a lesson tell killie from now on we'll take one stand only as from next season and make them suffer it will send a message out to other clubs that we're willing to hit them in the pocket if required

We should ban our away support from going there just to help them out.

Why should Rangers ban fans from going to Rugby Park?

Rangers fans don't go to Rugby Park "just to help them out".

Rangers fans go to Rugby Park and every other ground to support Rangers and have a good time with fellow Bears.

If they somehow manage to sell all their tickets - which I severely doubt - then it's their home game and they can do what they want.

Back