Killie pitch.

I don't think there is a problem with UEFA and plastic pitches. They allowed Astana? to play in the CL with one, so I doubt they would object to Killie using their's for their one pre-qualifier match in the EL :D

All that said, these pitches are an absolute disgrace. They should be banned from top flight football everywhere.

The one incident that really summed them up yesterday was one where an aimless long ball was punted towards our goal. Our keeper and defender read the flight of the ball and both just casually waited for it to skip into Wes's hands. The Killie striker, however, knew that these shite pitches hold the ball up, so he kept running and almost got on the end of it. The unnatural way the ball bounced upwards as it landed was bizarre and could easily have cost us a goal.

They definitely give plastic pitch home teams an unfair advantage. They are familiar with the weird bounces and the way the ball holds up and doesn't skip on as a ball does on a grass surface.

I don't think there is a problem with UEFA and plastic pitches. They allowed Astana? to play in the CL with one, so I doubt they would object to Killie using their's for their one pre-qualifier match in the EL :D

All that said, these pitches are an absolute disgrace. They should be banned from top flight football everywhere.

The one incident that really summed them up yesterday was one where an aimless long ball was punted towards our goal. Our keeper and defender read the flight of the ball and both just casually waited for it to skip into Wes's hands. The Killie striker, however, knew that these shite pitches hold the ball up, so he kept running and almost got on the end of it. The unnatural way the ball bounced upwards as it landed was bizarre and could easily have cost us a goal.

They definitely give plastic pitch home teams an unfair advantage. They are familiar with the weird bounces and the way the ball holds up and doesn't skip on as a ball does on a grass surface.

I noticed this on the tv as well. The pitches are a farce.

Its dreadful and will get football stopped,, it clearly gives the home team the advantage,, part of Clarke success is that he has clearly adapted their style of play to suit the surface,

Doesn't help that they don't water it before games either! Agreed that Hamilton's is much better, but they should all just be done away with.

I went to the game in January and said back then that the television doesn't do that pitch any justice, it's actually worse than I thought it was when I was at Rugby Park, it's a disgrace.

That pitch is an eyesore and it makes the quality of the game so much poorer. No wonder people don't want to invest in the game up here when 3 top flight sides have pitches like that.

That pitch is an eyesore and it makes the quality of the game so much poorer. No wonder people don't want to invest in the game up here when 3 top flight sides have pitches like that.

Exactly. I'm fed up with people greeting about our pitiful tv deal, if anything we get more than we deserve.

As long as we allow plastic pitches, the game up here will continue to go backwards.

You would think the TV companies would insist on natural grass. Last night Sportscene was switching back and forward to Easter road and it showed Kilmarnock up.

Won't get rid of these abominations until a scum player gets injured! in the meantime we lost Murphy this season & Waghorn a couple of seasons ago, but hey ho thats just bad luck!

The new pitch is the same as what Barcelona have and will have a sprinkler system built in as well as green pellets.

The current pitch was installed 5 years ago and was never an issue for us the first 3 years. SC just seems to know how to play against us.

artificial pitches are allowed in Europe. So they don’t need to change anything if they don’t want to.

The new pitch is the same as what Barcelona have and will have a sprinkler system built in as well as green pellets.

The current pitch was installed 5 years ago and was never an issue for us the first 3 years. SC just seems to know how to play against us.

Kilmarnocks pitch will be the same as the Nou Camp?

The last few times we've played on that pitch it's been good to watch and we've played some great stuff.
They upgraded theirs mate, even visually its all green and not half green and half white like killies

Its dreadful and will get football stopped,, it clearly gives the home team the advantage,, part of Clarke success is that he has clearly adapted their style of play to suit the surface,

This....

It without doubt gives them an advantage. If you play on a particular type of surface all the time, including training on it, your knowledge of how the ball runs/sticks/bounces on it is vastly superior to a team then rarely plays on it. That’s before you even think about the effects on players legs and balance which they will also benefit from as they will adapt far quicker.

It’s called ‘level playing field” for a reason.

It's a disgrace, if clubs like Ross county and ICT can maintain reasonable grass park there is no reason Hamilton, Killie and Livi can't. There should be a full boycott by away support and sky/BT until it's addressed by the SFA.

Really Barcelona you say well I never.

Kilmarnock will play one or at the absolute outside two qualifiers at home before getting pumped I don’t think UEFA will have much of a problem with it at that level TBH.

Now that Clarke’s away it’s back to being bottom 6 garbage next season.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/grassmaster-installs-new-hybrid-pitch-in-camp-nou-
634902763.html

Surprised Killie haven't shared this news about the new barca type pitch .
Maybe waiting till new manager arrives.:)

Last edited:
The surface is/was dreadful and what made it ten times worse was it not being watered. Horrendous to play on, horrific to watch

Back