Killie tickets and QR codes

falkirkbear

Following on from the issues with the QR codes on Sunday I had a look at my tickets from Sunday.

I'm no expert on QR codes but a quick search shows that they generally need to be printed clearly to work properly.

On looking at the two I have there are clear lines through the QR code which also cut through the printed text underneath the code which looks like a printer issue as opposed to being part of the QR code, would this cause the reader device to have an issue with them?

Our tickets were from our club allocation of 5 recieved from the ticket office.

I may be barking up the wrong tree but I think it's worth looking at, anyone more up on QR codes who can either confirm or debunk my theory that the issue may have been that killie had a ticket printer issue?

20190807_110029_zpsf61vpcvl.jpg

My ticket also has print issues

However it scans no bother using a QR app

The content of the code is a 20 (ish) digit number.

The issue here I believe is that Kilmarnock were sold some dodgy software, then put it on 10 year old mobile phones they bought off delboy down the market

That’s their ticketing system.

I couldn’t believe it on Sunday when I saw them trying to scan the code on the ticket with what appeared to be his mobile.

My sons one didn’t work and had to be typed in. My one worked.

The accusation that Rangers fans used fake tickets has become fact online amongst Kilmarnock fans and Rangers haters. I think a lot of them are under the impression that fans ran off a load of these print at home type tickets and passed them around, the insinuation being that once the code was used once, it couldn’t be used again, and the rest of the ‘fakes’ were what caused the hold up at the turnstiles.
We know this is a load of shite, they were proper tickets. This is the type of nonsense we are up against though.

Just thought it may be worth pointing out, as I said I've no idea how they work!

The two tickets above weren't scanned anyway, as I posted on another thread myself and my son were nearly at turnstile 6 when the gate to the right opened, we couldn't do anything other than go with the crowd through the gate which led to my son being hurt in the resulting crush there.

Anyone able to clarify if the tickets for The Moffat Stand were also yellow or were they a different colour?

Was everyone searched going into the ground. I read somewhere that it did not take place at any other stand. This would have added to the chaos.

Back