Killie's new pitch

jimbear

After the Killie result last night I went into one of their fans forums to see what they were saying about it. Some of their fans were commenting on the state of their 'new' pitch which they claimed was worse than the old one. I don't know if the SPFL as a body has a formal requirement to inspect a club's pitch before a new season starts but in view of what Killie's own supporters are saying about the pitch I think the SPFL need to go down to Rugby Park as a matter of urgency to have a look at it.

After the Killie result last night I went into one of their fans forums to see what they were saying about it. Some of their fans were commenting on the state of their 'new' pitch which they claimed was worse than the old one. I don't know if the SPFL as a body has a formal requirement to inspect a club's pitch before a new season starts but in view of what Killie's own supporters are saying about the pitch I think the SPFL need to go down to Rugby Park as a matter of urgency to have a look at it.

Don’t necessarily disagree with you but that would mean SPFL would have to get off their arses and do something to improve the level of their product.
Going by past practice that is just not going to happen.

Plastic pitches are an abomination. They should be banned. If junior and lower league teams can maintain grass pitches then so should premier league sides. The worry is that the other wee diddy clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell, St Jonhstone etc decide they want to have one.

The type of pitch doesn't encourage any football to be played on it at all, they got results last season by sitting in and pouncing on mistakes from teams not used to it. Hence why last night they didn't know how to play when going behind..

Plastic pitches are an abomination. They should be banned. If junior and lower league teams can maintain grass pitches then so should premier league sides. The worry is that the other wee diddy clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell, St Jonhstone etc decide they want to have one.

Motherwell have the best playing surface in Scotland probably. No way will they change it.

Cannot believe they have been allowed to rip up and put down another shambles of a pitch. Only in Scotland

It really is an embarresment for the spfl to allow this. Even worse that livingstone ripped up a perfectly good grass park to put down one of the worst pitches in the UK.

They give themselves a sporting and financial advantage over other teams. It's a disgrace that it's allowed.

We lost Jamie Murphy to it so they could save a couple of 100k. How much did we and other teams lose in wages / transfer fees in this case.

Horrible selfish bastards. Should be illegal and shows us up for the diddy league we are.

Btw on the topic of killie search "Killie pumped off Welsh minnows" on YouTube. Hilarious, that guy Sawyers vlogging from the ground. What a tinpot wee club they are. The pain is delicious.

Don't have a clue how to link on my phone, so if someone would be kind enough to oblige!

Assuming Livi & Hamilton finish bottom 6 we’ll have a max of 4 games on plastic this season (2 with Killie before split).
The child catchers will have 6 games on plastic as they play both Hamilton & Livi twice before the split.....hopefully they’ll drop a lot of points on it. If they do, watch the media turn against the use of plastic in the league.

Last edited:
It's our first game. I'd much rather we did not mention the pitch and just go out and put 3 past them. Our entire team have been brought up playing and training on this stuff. It's not new to them.

Cannot believe they have been allowed to rip up and put down another shambles of a pitch. Only in Scotland
Surely the opportunity was there to actually lay a proper surface for a professional football club in a country with a moderate climate and the technical ability to maintain a first-class grass playing surface in 2019?

Instead, we have them charging the equivalent of top admission prices for a West End show in a flaming scout hut.

They want the money but fail to understand the dynamics of the contractual exchange and are allowed to get away with this plunder under the woeful administration of the SFA.
They are cheats who cheat the public and steal off the ordinary paying customer.

The type of pitch doesn't encourage any football to be played on it at all, they got results last season by sitting in and pouncing on mistakes from teams not used to it. Hence why last night they didn't know how to play when going behind..
Post of the day for me mate.
100% true.

the SPFL will only inspect the pitch before the tims travel play there, and say it is unplayable. they will make up a new rule then award 3 points and a 10-0 win to that mob.

There's no excuse- if your club can't afford to install a decent grass park with undersoil heating you shouldn't be playing elite level football

Killie fan in my work claims its down to basically cutting of revenue as they hire it out for 7s during the weeks and also cant afford to build a training pitch either.

Both not acceptable as you say for elite level clubs. Embarrassing they rely on that to be honest

Btw on the topic of killie search "Killie pumped off Welsh minnows" on YouTube. Hilarious, that guy Sawyers vlogging from the ground. What a tinpot wee club they are. The pain is delicious.

Don't have a clue how to link on my phone, so if someone would be kind enough to oblige!
Here you go mate

The diddy clubs basically claimed they'd have to go part-time without plastic and SFA caved in.
SPFA members should refuse to play on these regularly - that's the bottom line.
If Killie or others need a plastic pitch to survive...then they shouldn't be in the top flight.

In top flight football there is no place for plastic pitches.

Hamilton's is not the worst ever but Kilmarnock and Livingstone's are abysmal.

Talking to a guy last pre season connected with Livingston and was telling me that their pitch will be hated by most but would keep them in the SPFL.
You gotta do what you gotta do.

Talking to a guy last pre season connected with Livingston and was telling me that their pitch will be hated by most but would keep them in the SPFL.
You gotta do what you gotta do.
That's not acceptable though - the game is played on grass and there is no justifiable reason to allow artificial surfaces in elite Scottish football

That's not acceptable though - the game is played on grass and there is no justifiable reason to allow artificial surfaces in elite Scottish football
Totally agree mate and is detrement to our game up here.
Remember my home town club Falkirk twice being denied promotion because of their stadium (and ofcourse keeping Aberdeen in the top league )
Same should apply in this case ,if you want to be in with the big boys start behaving like one.

They give themselves a sporting and financial advantage over other teams. It's a disgrace that it's allowed.

We lost Jamie Murphy to it so they could save a couple of 100k. How much did we and other teams lose in wages / transfer fees in this case.

Horrible selfish bastards. Should be illegal and shows us up for the diddy league we are.

Wish Jamie had sued Killie for endangering his professional football career by installing a pitch that’s not of sufficient standards

Jamie will have lost out on a lot of match bonuses and I think he could have won damages against Killie

It really is an embarresment for the spfl to allow this. Even worse that livingstone ripped up a perfectly good grass park to put down one of the worst pitches in the UK.

Having played on the Livi pitch a few times it's actually one of the best ones out there. I had previously slated it from watching it on the tele.

Wish Jamie had sued Killie for endangering his professional football career by installing a pitch that’s not of sufficient standards

Jamie will have lost out on a lot of match bonuses and I think he could have won damages against Killie

Good point. I don't know how feasible this would be but it only takes one landmark case and it would all crumble.

The diddy clubs basically claimed they'd have to go part-time without plastic and SFA caved in.

Even though junior teams can operate perfectly good grass pitches...

Complete shambles.

Having played on the Livi pitch a few times it's actually one of the best ones out there. I had previously slated it from watching it on the tele.

Still not as good as a grass park though.

If a Highland lge club can get their pitch to a standard that U17's U20's and the first team can all play on it no SPFL Premier club can have any excuse

10qbhc2.jpg

Last edited:
The sin of that surface at Kilmarnock was that before they laid it ,they destroyed probably the best natural grass surface in Scotland . Played on it quite a few times and didn't matter what time of year it was an absolute dream to play on . The guy who decided to change it should be shot .

There is a reason why Scottish football gets so little tv money and no-one outside Scotland watches it.

Scotland and it's diddy set up deserves f.uck all for such a shite and embarrassing product.

The main issue is lack of competition. No one wants to watch a league that only 2 teams can win.

I wonder what we could do to fix the problem?

Young Killie supporter in work says it is the worst pitch he has ever seen and this is from a guy that defended the abortion that was their last pitch. So it must be fcuking atrocious

Here's the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Plastic is plastic. Some pitches/surfaces are better than others but they can't live up grass and should never have been introduced to top flight Scottish football.

Back