Kilmarnock fan cardiac arrest

I remember quite a few years back at Tannadice a Killie supporter passed away in similar circumstances.

I remember quite a few years back at Tannadice a Killie supporter passed away in similar circumstances.

They had a game at Rugby Park abandoned a few years ago for the same reason.
A mate was at the game and the paramedics were trying CPR at the side of the pitch to no avail unfortunately.

There must be some link to Covid for the regularity of these now.

Please note I am not saying the vaccine but perhaps an effect of covid itself.

Thoughts with his family.
There is a reported link to a higher rate of cardiac problems taken on a sample of 150k ( if I remember the numbers correctly). The samples were taken before vaccines. Read it on one of the news feeds the other day sorry not got the link.

Sad news, RIP. I think this has always happened at football. My great grandfather died at a Benburb game. No idea what the stats say though, if there are any.

There was a study which showed that male deaths from heart attack and stroke were 30% higher on days when the local team lost at home compared to other days. No impact on female mortality.

Yes it's becoming a regular thing, but what age was the Killie fan? Could have been an old guy in his late 80's for all we know. Sad

A mate was at the game and the paramedics were trying CPR at the side of the pitch to no avail unfortunately.
Pretty sure one of the Killie players fathers passed away at Hampden 5 or 6 years ago after they beat Celtic. Incident happened on or around full time.

Sadly after last night game a Kilmarnock fan suffered a heart attack and later passed away. No one should go to a game and not go home to loved ones.
RIP……
So sad to hear that. Also they had a boy who scored the winner in the Scottish cup whose father passed away in the stands. So sad to hear.

Sadly after last night game a Kilmarnock fan suffered a heart attack and later passed away. No one should go to a game and not go home to loved ones.
RIP……
This happen to my wife's uncle at a Coventry city game he's passed away at halftime :( his mate went to get them some Bovril and came back and he died sitting in his seat to be fair to him it's probably what he would have wanted he was cov city daft my thoughts are with the Hibs fans family

Sorry to hear that. He couldn’t be that old late 40s maybe? Guy was always seen as a figure of fun but sheer passion for his team albeit presented in a bonkers fashion. RIP Gordon thoughts with his family

nothing saying its the same bloke mate

Horrible to hear of that. Happened to a neighbour friend of mine some years back at Ibrox before kick off. He was 45. They werent able to resuscitate him and he sadly passed away in the ambulance outside the main doors. Was awful to witness and it is forever engrained in my mind. RIP Big Malky.

He sits behind me in the main stand rear or at least it’s his doppelgänger turned Rangers fan and every bit as angry at our team‍♂️
You must sit near me. Angriest man on the planet. Constant complaints about our players. Pick of his moans is Aribo’s terrible touch! Yes, Joe Aribo.

Pretty sure one of the Killie players fathers passed away at Hampden 5 or 6 years ago after they beat Celtic. Incident happened on or around full time.

The father of a Kilmarnock footballer has died of a suspected heart attack after watching his son's team beat Celtic in the League Cup final.
Midfielder Liam Kelly, 22, was seen running up the tunnel at Hampden after his father collapsed at the end of the club's 1-0 victory on Sunday.
Jack Kelly, 59, collapsed just before 17:00 near the Kilmarnock dugout. He died in hospital a short time later.
His son was told just before Kilmarnock lifted the trophy.
The rest of his team-mates had collected their medals before learning of what had happened.
In the post-match press conference, Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels said: "The dressing room is very despondent and I don't know why the man above sends down these messages to us.
"We are thinking more about Liam than our triumphalism."
After the game, Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell said: "I'm very close to Liam so it just puts things into perspective for me.
"If I could take away my performance I would, if Liam's dad was all right."
Bell and his team-mates had collected their medals before discovering the news.
"It was after getting the cup when I found out," Bell said.
"We were on the pitch and the kit man told me. The rest of the boys didn't realise."
Liam Kelly was born in England - in Milton Keynes - but has played for Scotland at under-18 and under-21 level as both his parents are Scottish.
Mr Kelly Snr was treated at the scene by paramedics.
Police said he died just under an hour later at the Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow.

You must sit near me. Angriest man on the planet. Constant complaints about our players. Pick of his moans is Aribo’s terrible touch! Yes, Joe Aribo.

I know who you mean I think. He takes the tav thing to an whole knew level

Reactions: Msm
RIP……
RIP and condolences to his family. FWIW, I think this is negative reactions to the Covid vaccines. There are numerous incidents every match day, just from watching Sky Sports. I am not an anti vaxxer btw.

The lad whose dad it was posted on twitter thanking those who helped at the ground saying that while it never saved him it did buy the family time to say goodbye.

Aye, I sit in the MSR and there is a guy who goes batshit crazy all game, I'm at the Broomloan end about 20 yards past the 18 yard box towards the half way line. I genuinely think hes going to have an aneurysm!

Reactions: Msm
Absolutely awful. Some poor family utterly wrecked after seeing their family member off to the match.

Heartfelt sympathy for the fan and the family and friends. :(

Did it not turn out to be one of the Kilmarnock players' dads/other relative?

Did it not turn out to be one of the Kilmarnock players' dads/other relative?

I'm not too sure.
I googled it there and couldn't see anything. There was a bit saying that the supporter was the third to pass away due to a heart attack at Kilmarnock games that season(12/13)
Maybe it's always been more common than we thought previously.

I think around 14,000 people die each week in the UK.

That’s around 1 in every 5000 people and there’s 10x that amount in Ibrox alone.

It’s not outside the realms of possibility for a fan to die every week across all of the games in the UK.

So I don’t think it’s necessarily more common but definitely is more publicised.

Left arm pain wouldn't go away no matter what i tried then i kinda stumbled and started getting short of breathe i knew something was up. Mine was dpwn to smoking and i haven't touched them since. Big wake up call
How did you realise it was a heart attack? What arm was it right or left. I’ve been getting intermittent pains in mine.

Left arm pain wouldn't go away no matter what i tried then i kinda stumbled and started getting short of breathe i knew something was up. Mine was dpwn to smoking and i haven't touched them since. Big wake up call
jesus mate thats frightening. Can i ask if you are over weight or drink much or was it just smoking.
Very young to have a heart attack

What did they do for you mate stent?

Heartbreaking stuff that, no one deserves to not come home from a game of football.

Rest easy mate.

Back