Kilmarnock sign Niko Hamalainen on loan from QPR

I’m worried left back is our Achilles heel at the moment. Can’t say Taylor has ever really stood out but he’s certainly looked reliable.

Does the player use social media?
Like all their targets tis summer, i'd hope he is being told the truth about aligning with serial abusers.

Supposed Bear as well?

Taylor is a good player in my opinion. I'd take a punt for him - depending on how much Killie are wanting for him.

Taylor is one of these that probably did well on an organised regimental side under Clarke

He would be a gamble imo

Spot on here. He's done nothing outwith his time with Clarke to show he could thrive. It's definitely a risk, especially with Lennon in charge.

As it stands Flanagan is our best LB by a mile, the gaffer wants two players in every position, and I don't see us having LB cover. Now tin hat on, but if JF gets a long term injury we can't play AH there for say 7-8 games.
I love the romance of the AH story, he loves the club of that I have no doubt and of all the players I can't wait till he gets a league winners medal but... he isn't going to win us leagues if relied upon. He will fill in and do his bit but if he had to play 10 games at LB I think it would seriously harm our chances.
Taylor, I am not saying is the answer but from what I have seen I reckon he is worth a punt. Remember what these guys can learn and pick up from those around, he earned a Scotland call up (granted probably down to the alkie) playing next to Clubfoot at Killie, I am sure he would improve massively under the management team and the defenders around him.
Long and short, is he a better back up than AH, yes I believe so.

Feel for Taylor’s old man.

It’s clear we’re not interested in him, and the money he’d make at the tims would be life changing, but he’s never going to be able to change the fact he played for that horrible club. Not sure any money is worth that.

It’s clear we’re not interested in him, and the money he’d make at the tims would be life changing, but he’s never going to be able to change the fact he played for that horrible club. Not sure any money is worth that.
Guess they’re both bears?

If he has any morals, he won't sign for them.

Nuremberg had a bid rejected for him. It's not Celtic or stay at Killie forever.

When Killie said they were signing a big name, I didn’t realise they were going by the numbers of letters in his surname

Taylor will be away to them then. Shows the market they are looking at after their (absolutely hilarious) CL exit.

Both massive fans, Taylor was at the semi v Aberdeen and also at a few of the European games last season.
Was just reading Taylor's wikipedia, didn't realise he was on our books until we released him in 2014.

Decent player - but I really, really don't see SG signing a 5'8 defender unless they improve the XI considerably. The gaffer loves a big unit.

Taylor will end up at them, meaning Celtic have made yet another £3m mistake with that useless lady's front bottom they have.

They have signed a lot of players for £2-3m who seem to have just disappeared, it’ll all add up.

As it stands Flanagan is our best LB by a mile, the gaffer wants two players in every position, and I don't see us having LB cover. Now tin hat on, but if JF gets a long term injury we can't play AH there for say 7-8 games.
I love the romance of the AH story, he loves the club of that I have no doubt and of all the players I can't wait till he gets a league winners medal but... he isn't going to win us leagues if relied upon. He will fill in and do his bit but if he had to play 10 games at LB I think it would seriously harm our chances.
Taylor, I am not saying is the answer but from what I have seen I reckon he is worth a punt. Remember what these guys can learn and pick up from those around, he earned a Scotland call up (granted probably down to the alkie) playing next to Clubfoot at Killie, I am sure he would improve massively under the management team and the defenders around him.
Long and short, is he a better back up than AH, yes I believe so.

I cant marry these views of Flanagan and Halliday.

If Flanagan gets injured Hallliday cant play 7 to 8 games? I'd have nightmares about Flanagan playing that many in a row.

Flanagan is a mediocre utility defender who has already sold a few horrific goals and chances this season with catastrophic use of the ball.

Last season he routinely got caught out for pace or positioning.

No one will convince me playing Halliday is some sort of doomsday scenario for the league but Flanagan is not

Flanagan would be one of the first players I would get rid of if I had a magic wand and could just create a bid for him.

This is not me saying Halliday is some kind of superstar either.

But to be so down on Andy and promoting Flanagan I just dont get. Both have their faults and issues and Flanagan has displayed his several times already this season.

Is Taylor not a big bluenose? Let them have him.

I can't say I've been overly impressed with Taylor when I've seen him play, he's a decent LB but we could and should be doing better.

I cant marry these views of Flanagan and Halliday.

If Flanagan gets injured Hallliday cant play 7 to 8 games? I'd have nightmares about Flanagan playing that many in a row.

Flanagan is a mediocre utility defender who has already sold a few horrific goals and chances this season with catastrophic use of the ball.

Last season he routinely got caught out for pace or positioning.

No one will convince me playing Halliday is some sort of doomsday scenario for the league but Flanagan is not

Flanagan would be one of the first players I would get rid of if I had a magic wand and could just create a bid for him.

This is not me saying Halliday is some kind of superstar either.

But to be so down on Andy and promoting Flanagan I just dont get. Both have their faults and issues and Flanagan has displayed his several times already this season.

Not totally down on AH mate and I take on board your JF comments too, in my opinion JF is better than AH but I reckon something we can both agree on is that we need an out and out left back, Taylor certainly wouldn't be my first pick but I reckon he could maybe progress to do a job.
As someone said up the thread a bit, he would be a punt but right now it may be a punt worth taking as we don't have one. Well we do but he is yet to convince me (BB)

Back