King "Board will take the necessary steps to bridge the funding gap versus them"

frankfurterbear1

then went onto say the share option will raise funds.
I took this as the key part of the press conference.
Time will tell, though got vibe The manager was told not to shout about money for transfers.
Would it be fare that King prefers the not telling the world we've got loads of spare cash unlike Murray who never had the cash but liked the impression we were loaded.

First signing will give a good indication if we are funding him with what is needed.

Mug says, "I'm looking to buy a new car and I have £30,000 to spend"

Conman replies, "You're in luck sir as we happen to have this second hand Punto for £30,000!"

I'm surprised that the budget hasn't been disclosed as well. :rolleyes:

Time will tell, though got vibe The manager was told not to shout about money for transfers.
Would it be fare that King prefers the not telling the world we've got loads of spare cash unlike Murray who never had the cash but liked the impression we were loaded.
You might be right, but it’d be a wise message.
Other clubs will already be adding on a “twenty percent more if it’s Rangers calling” premium.
For sure though, Gerrard will have been promised a budget, an accepted budget.
He isn’t here to blemish his reputation

Think that's the smart move. Really don't want anyone telling the world we have £xx million to spend. As long as we have assurances he has funds and Gerrard is happy with what's available, that'll do for me.

Guys we don't have a pot to piss in and SG doesn't have a rep yet as a manager. The share option is a one off to raise capital for the football side of things. If that doesn't work i.e. deliver us the title then we're skint again with no options financially.
King needs to step aside and let someone with real cash take over.

Whatever the situation in regards to financial backup.
I am sure Steven Gerrard would not have agreed to take on such a massive role,without being satisfied that he has the financial clout to improve the team. He would have seen the figures,the agreements and assurances that DK has in place. Otherwise Steven Gerrard is dumb, and we all know he is one smart guy.
His reputation is at stake too remember.

Back