Klop interview

What's wrong with stopping deliberately? Is there a rule that says players cannot stop moving?

This is setting a dangerous precedent - "He stopped. It's his fault I committed a foul"
Yeah exactly I cannot grasp that has there been a law change thtat says you cannot stop abruptly ? What happens when ur at the touch;one or byline then must the player run off the pitch lol

Sounds crackpot to me too

What's wrong with stopping deliberately? Is there a rule that says players cannot stop moving?

This is setting a dangerous precedent - "He stopped. It's his fault I committed a foul"
That’s the point Klop was making, ridiculous thing for a ref to say.

VAR not working in EPL....no idea why. I hate it but at the very least it should defy my hatred by working properly!

As an aside if the ref thought Jota had stopped and therefore obstructed Spurs defender isn't that an indirect free kick to Spurs rather than play on? I think it IS a fair shout as you can't just stop and therefore block off defender also running for the ball.

If VAR ever comes to Scotland, it won’t end our ref problems. People will still want to know what school the VAR ref went to, and then naturally accuse them of an agenda one way or the other.
VAR will solve some problems, like the Japanese's offside goal against Hearts but it will introduce others, as we have seen in England.

Sadly, you're right, unless there is transparency on who is actually deciding the Mhockitts will keep bleating like cunts.

That was a shocking performance from the Ref and Var. if that was against us we would be going utter nuts. I’m not surprise JK is raging, I would be the same. I can’t stand that prick Harry Kane, he’s gets away with murder down there.

Posted this before but thought it was worth posting again.

Watching Spurs on tv and the subtitles were on. Every time Harry Kane's name was mentioned it came up on the subtitles as "hurricane".

That's a ridiculous reason for not giving the penalty on Jota. Penalties are given all the time when a forward plays for it or waits to be fouled. The ref is basically equating standing still to diving. As Klopp said, he stopped to shoot and was then barged from the back. Penalty all day.

Liverpool's second goal stood because although it hit Salah's arm, it was accidental and he didn't score from it.

The Kane yellow was the worst of the lot though. Protected species England captains.
And doesn’t he know it, came out after the match saying he was surprised to even be given a yellow for what he called “a good strong tackle”

If VAR ever comes to Scotland, it won’t end our ref problems. People will still want to know what school the VAR ref went to, and then naturally accuse them of an agenda one way or the other.
Intimidation of VAR refs would still occur.
They would find a way

Liked Klopp at first. Now spends half the game trying to get opposition players carded. That's why opposition managers end up arguing with him. Perfect attitude for the scum. Although far too good.

Surely the VAR team can be anywhere why don’t they offshore it’s so officials in France can oversee league games in EPL for example ?
I don’t understand why viewers don’t get to hear what’s happening like you do in Cricket, Rugby and NFL.

The decision not to give a penalty because Jota stopped gets more bizarre the more I think about it. Where do we draw the line now?

You see it every game, a ball is going out for a goal kick and the defender is shielding it from the attacker before just falling over when he feels contact from behind. It's a free kick every time. Are these referees saying now that a player can't shield the ball from an opponent, he always has to run with it, or if he gets pushed over he wasn't fouled?

Mind boggling.

Latest posts

Back