Klopp on Gerrard's start as Gers manager

Bonnyloyal

The German said: “He made a brilliant start at Ibrox – then he lost against Celtic. Wow, what a surprise!

“Celtic are the top team in the league but it’s not like they were 50 or 60 per cent better than Rangers – like they have been in the last few years.

“Rangers are getting closer and that’s the only way to get them one day. That’s Steven’s job but so far it’s more than good.”

But Klopp stressed that unlike other managers new on the scene, Gerrard doesn’t have to ask for advice – he already has the knowledge.

Klopp added: “Rangers were brilliant in Europe – Gerrard is putting a good team together.

“When I started out as a manager I didn’t ask for advice because I didn’t know who to ask.

“Steven doesn’t ask because he doesn’t have to. We are in contact – but not for advice.”

The German said: “He made a brilliant start at Ibrox – then he lost against Celtic. Wow, what a surprise!

“Celtic are the top team in the league but it’s not like they were 50 or 60 per cent better than Rangers – like they have been in the last few years.

“Rangers are getting closer and that’s the only way to get them one day. That’s Steven’s job but so far it’s more than good.”

But Klopp stressed that unlike other managers new on the scene, Gerrard doesn’t have to ask for advice – he already has the knowledge.

Klopp added: “Rangers were brilliant in Europe – Gerrard is putting a good team together.

“When I started out as a manager I didn’t ask for advice because I didn’t know who to ask.

“Steven doesn’t ask because he doesn’t have to. We are in contact – but not for advice.”
Always liked Klopp calls it as he sees it.

If you like posters who paint an image, then my Mother in law reminds me of Klopp. She's German too.

I can't say it out loud obviously but there is a look and a sternness.

Gerrard needs time and a lot of patience from the fans ... He will get it right

Hopefully this season , we have a brand new team .. We can do it
That's exactly right, I get the feeling that we are willing to give him the time moreso than the previous ones because we can see what he is trying to do

It’s a good thing that high profile managers are discussing our club. However, and I don’t mean any disrespect to Klopp.I’d like to think that If Mr Gerrard was seeking advice, he’d seek it from the guys that have the trophy’s and the medals.

Position: Jürgen Klopp
The football coach Jürgen Klopp about the Wittenberg reformer and his faith.

Football coach and Reformation Ambassador: Jürgen Klopp (Image: GEP / Torsten Zimmermann)
As an Evangelical Christian, Martin Luther is of course a role model. Luther was a fighter for the good cause, a rebel for the sake of the faith, so that people can live their faith without fear and on purpose!

Faith leads me through life and is my ripcord, my guideline, is infinitely important to me. He is my absolute stabilizer. Because I am firmly convinced that this was no coincidence. I have not been enlightened or something. But I just realized for myself that I have someone there whom I can rely on. I would like it to be similar in the opposite case. I am weaker and not always the reliable partner. But unilaterally it is an extremely reliable partnership. That's absolutely great.

Around you, people die, are killed. Where to say: That does not really make sense now. It is good to know that there is someone who knows more about it than you do. That there is that higher power that decides about it. Of course, this also helps to understand that this life is a gift. And you really treat gifts.

Recalling Martin Luther is a great fit in our time right now, when we are debating a lot about whether we should shelter or exclude people. I like Luther because he fought for the underprivileged and the excluded. He was the lawyer of the little people and risked a lot for us to have a positive image of God. The loving God whom I believe in is welcome to all, regardless of their skin color, origin and education.

And that this good news got around quickly then, so my "former Mainz fellow citizens" Johannes Gutenberg has provided with his book printing.

He's become my favourite EPL manager.

liverpool-union-jack-embroidered-badge_cf2c9669-da1f-4178-aac7-aa7a1947f623_1024x1024.jpg

Klopp just comes across as a really likeable human being, I don’t have any particular love or following for Liverpool but I’d love to see him succeed just to get one over the egotistical, self serving managers at city and Utd.

Klopp seems the type of guy who just loves football for its own sake.

It’s a good thing that high profile managers are discussing our club. However, and I don’t mean any disrespect to Klopp.I’d like to think that If Mr Gerrard was seeking advice, he’d seek it from the guys that have the trophy’s and the medals.

What, like Klopp's two Bundesliga titles, German cup winner's medal and two supercup winner's medals?

Not to mention him reaching three european finals. I think he knows a thing or two.

What, like Klopp's two Bundesliga titles, German cup winner's medal and two supercup winner's medals?

Not to mention him reaching three european finals. I think he knows a thing or two.
Haha... Exactly mate, was just going to say that, hopefully he’s being sarcastic

This is the first time I have come across this article about Klopp and his background his believe in Luther I must admit for myself this puts a whole new slant on things, I rarely speak off such matters, on here, in the closed world of football we rarely hear anyone let alone a top manager such as Jurgen Klopp, speak of his faith, I find this very refreshing.

Haha I seriously hope you have the fishing rod out here mate!

well he has trophies and medals so he could ask him , he is the guy that kept bayern off top spot two years in a row and has got to two champions league finals

Anyone who hasn't discovered the LFCTV channel on YouTube should go have a look. Theres a rather random but excellent episode where Klopp tries lawn bowls at a local club. He comes across incredibly well in that and all the other episodes I've watched. The players and staff clearly have huge respect for him and he them.

Everything I watch him I think if he's the kind of manager Gerrard is trying to be then we will be fine!

What a guy Klopp is. Big season for them. But it’s great to hear him discuss our club. Gerrard has started well, no doubt about it.

I hate this forum for posts like this. We've been away 4 times in European qualifiers and got some right good results that have helped us qualify for the Europa league group stages. Our away record isn't as bad as some try to make out.

I agree, but we do need to start finishing off games on the road in Scotland. Otherwise, like everyone else, im delighted with the European results.

If you don't want to be on a forum where people have opinions I suggest you come off the internet pal.

He’s made a few mistakes but even Walter did too. Gerrard’s start has been overwhelmingly positive, hopefully he’ll keep learning and improving and deliver 55 for us.
I think he will far exceed Walter and I can’t give him any higher praise than that

Back