Koeman on Davis

Davis is a fantastic player and easily one of the best in our team and in Scotland as a whole. Argument could be made for him being the best midfielder in Scotland at the moment. A great professional for club and country.

He is a wonderful footballer, absolutely sublime.

He continues like this and he is POTY.

I can't fathom why Southampton were willing to let him leave in all honesty
Because he wasn't performing in limited appearances for them towards the end. There's no shame in not being good enough for a team with top half ambitions in either the best or 2nd best league in the world at 34, same with Defoe though he's older.

A class player for club and country for a long time. Has never looked out of place no matter who he’s been up against. I’ve seen him since he first played for NI and his level of consistently high performance over the years continues to amaze me.

He is absolutely the best central midfielder in Scotland, and theres not even a debate to be made.

I know Im not alone in being critical of him and questioning his re-signing (based on early performances), but by God has he made me eat my words. And I could not be happier for being made look clueless.

He looks fitter and faster than he did first time around. Hes my captain in that team

I agree , whisper it , but Jack could be that man .
1954-D4-D5-E728-42-C6-9371-6-A870-F762-BFB.gif

he's more the quarterback now
even with more defensive players in Jack or Kamara playing, he's sitting behind them when we have the ball

Absolutely this.

sitting deep pulling the strings, always open for a pass and strolling around without a care in the world.
Makes the game look ridiculously easy

Absolutely outstanding for us this year. Too many of us were writing him off last season. Think football does that now, everything is a mad initial judgement. Ross Wilson was with Koeman as well so he will know Davis well and hopefully give him a chance to have another year with us next season.

Davis is the difference between Northern Ireland and Scotland IMO.

Scotland don't have anyone like him and haven't since Barry Ferguson.
The midfield is definitely not Scotland's big problem just now. The centre half's are laughable. Scotland have Ryan Jack after all, as well as a few other good players.

I think we are seeing the best of him because he is playing more or less back to back
think it was Wilkins who said at the veteran stage you need to be playing every week to keep performing
he wasn't getting that game time at Southampton

Back