Koeman sacked

That's been on the cards for a while.
Their President just didn't like him and wanted rid of him straight away but the club couldn't afford the severance package so the two of them have had a Mexican standoff for months.

Honestly what are Barcalona expecting Koeman to do when he didn't know what squad he would have at start of season caused by issues in the clown house that is the board room. He had no chance of gaining any sort of success this season.

And if those in charge continue to act this way then they will continue to struggle for seasons to come. They will appoint someone like Xavi would make sense as he will have a lot more leeway with the fans as the results will still be inconsistent at best.

What was once one of the top managers jobs in the world to me looks like a bomb scare right now, massive debts and a lot of infighting by the looks of it.
No top manager in their right mind would touch that job with a bargepole right now.
Barcelona are in meltdown!

Surprised he lasted so long
In reality apart from a couple of purple patch seasons, hes not proven to be that good a coach

Despite the issues at Barca, they still put out sides full of talent inc a new crop of exciting youngsters

Job surely would appeal to anyone, you are getting a free hit with them so bad, surely you cannot get it worse

i think the opposite
given where they are, a legend will be given time
surely they cannot get any worse given the squad they still have
Yes I understand that but surely he would rather take over when they had a better squad & money.

It will interesting anyway

Albert Capellas put in as interim manager. A youth coach who has been assistant with the Barcelona B team, Dortmund and Denmark under 21s.

Isn't Koeman a Barca legend?

i wouldn't say legend
not like Xavi, Iniesta etc

even with their clear problems
they could put out a team with

Ter Stegen, Dest, Pique, Garcia, Alba, Busquets, De Jong, Gavi, Depay. Aguero, Fati
not to mention the likes of Coutinho, Umtiti, Pedri, Roberto + a few talented kids

to be where they are is appalling

Xavi will be the man who takes over. Be interesting to see how that pans out but Barca do have a few good youth players who have played first team games this season.

Isn't Koeman a Barca legend?
was thinking that myself, the guy who scored the free-kick at Wembley in 1992 against Sampdoria to win them their first European Cup :D

he's not Xavi/Iniesta levels though which is where he'd fall down

Xavi will be the man who takes over. Be interesting to see how that pans out but Barca do have a few good youth players who have played first team games this season.

Think this would be a good option.
Club legend so buys him time and respect from the fans straight away. Looks like some size of job to be done considering the fall they’ve had in the last couple years and the mess in the background financially

Xavi to come in for a couple of seasons, get the likes of Pedri, Gavi, Ansu Fati, Mingueza established as proper first team pros...then Messi comes back for one last Champions League win.

:cool:

Back