Kris Boyd: Do these guys care?

It's the same people moaning at ex players criticising us while at the same time saying the newer generation "don't get it" and that "we need older guys that get it and kick arses" at Rangers then moaning when theyre honest:))

Canae win with our support.

What he's saying is right. If he was saying any different there would be cnuts on here calling him a Tim. Fs man

It's the same people moaning at ex players criticising us while at the same time saying the newer generation "don't get it" and that "we need older guys that get it and kick arses" at Rangers then moaning when theyre honest:))

Canae win with our support.

What he's saying is right. If he was saying any different there would be cnuts on here calling him a Tim. Fs man
Didn't walk the talk though did he, at a time when money was tight we should have been in the top flight a year earlier and winning trophies.
John Brown can criticise the first half OF performance but at present Boyd is a Sky puppet

Didn't walk the talk though did he, at a time when money was tight we should have been in the top flight a year earlier and winning trophies.
John Brown can criticise the first half OF performance but at present Boyd is a Sky puppet
But that's not the topic is it.

Ferguson is taking about guys who've continuously let us down in big moments. Did Fergie "continuously" let us down in big moments ? Give me as many examples that he fekked up as, as many as they have. Come on mate you know yourself you're just twisting it to suit your agenda there.

If we look at the players he names, Boyd isn't saying anything different to what we all are.

Cantwell isn't good enough, flashes of individual brilliance are great to watch, but he can't lift the team when needed.

Lawrence, I've yet to see what he can bring to the table, plays ok when we are playing well, but again, disappears when needed to step up.

Silva, send him back.

Sima, he can play a bit and can turn games.

Dessers, I like his attitude, but less said the better.

Matondo, see Cantwell.

We would be a much better team with a strong leading centre back, take the pressure from Goldson, one who can organise and lead from the back, we slate Goldson, try putting a better player alongside him I believe he would thrive, same with Tav.

Same goes for our midfield, we need a strong leader in there, a spoiler who can break up the play and hold the ball, take the pressure from the defence and allow the other middle players to do the creative part. Ryan Jack can do this, btu can't stay fit, thought we had this with Raskin, but his form has plummeted, maybe he can turn it round given the chance.

Unlike others, I don't feel we are too far away from a team capable of winning the league, we have shown we can compete, however our league chances were lost under Beale, Clement gave us hope, I feel the cup is where our glory lies now, hope I'm wrong.

If we look at the players he names, Boyd isn't saying we all are.

Cantwell isn't good enough, flashes of individual brilliance are great to watch, but he can't lift the team when needed.

Lawrence, I've yet to see what he can bring to the table, plays ok when we are playing well, but again, disappears when needed to step up.

Silva, send him back.

Matondo, see Cantwell.

We would be a much better team with a strong leading centre back, take the pressure from Goldson, one who can organise and lead from the back, we slate Goldson, try putting a better player alongside him I believe he would thrive, same with Tav.

Same goes for our midfield, we need a strong leader in there, a spoiler who can break up the play and hold the ball, take the pressure from the defence and allow the other middle players to do the creative part. Ryan Jack can do this, btu can't stay fit, thought we had this with Raskin, but his form has plummeted, maybe he can turn it round given the chance.

Unlike others, I don't feel we are too far away from a team capable of winning the league, we have shown we can compete, however our league chances were lost under Beale, Clement gave us hope, I feel the cup is where our glory lies now, hope I'm wrong.
Boyd's saying the same as everyone else on here is every week. but it's awrite for those posters to say it. But if boyd says it it's a whole different narrative

The players have brought it on themselves. We can all see it, they've built us up so much so many times then just let us down with the same petty look on their faces.

Personally looking forward to the break and hopefully a decent clear out as this group has sucked me dry. I'm not even angry anymore just fed up.

If we look at the players he names, Boyd isn't saying anything different to what we all are.

Silva, send him back.

Matondo, see Cantwell.

Agree. There was a guy on here the other day saying we need 17 out and 17 in. We need about 4 new players and a few out

Boyd has a job like we all do but he is 100% one of us like we all are. As much as winning the league would be what we all want watching boyd ram it down suttons throat would be as good in the studio as on the pitch.

He calls us out when we are shite and backs us 100% otherwise I struggle to see how anyone of us has a problem with boyd the pundit

Boyd's saying the same as everyone else on here is every week. but it's awrite for those posters to say it. But if boyd says it it's a whole different narrative
Boyd was a fantastic goal scorer, but as an all round centre forward he wasn't that great, he couldn't lead the line or hold up the play and bring others into the game, his defensive qualities were non existent, which showed up when we needed a different type of player, like in Europe, however he is a bluenose and he is hurt when we lose.

Agree. There was a guy on here the other day saying we need 17 out and 17 in. We need about 4 new players and a few out
How many are out of contract ? They will all need replaced and that’s not counting the 2 loan signings and add to that folk that the gaffer doesn’t see as part of the plans. I think we are closer to double figures but not at the 17

Put a better CB next to Goldson and he thrives, go out and spend whatever it takes to bring in an experienced quality CB who can play left or right sided and our defence is sorted. Goldson has his faults, but he never hides and is very rarely injured, others at Ibrox will stay out "injured" if the weather is bad!

Same goes with our midfield, go find another Ian Ferguson, a Stuart McCall, midfielders that will run all day, midfielders who can break up the play, aren't afraid to put the boot in and who will drag the team back up when we are down.

Up front we have Danilo to come back in, we need another striker and wide player as well.

No one should be fooled by Philippe Clement’s Dens Park post-match verdict when he talked up his team’s performance.

Least of all those players themselves.

The Belgian will know it wasn’t good enough, but he didn’t want to publicly throw anyone under the bus while there is still a chance of winning the title.

Even if it’s a slim chance at best.

No, whatever happens between now and the end of the season, there is a huge clear-out coming in the summer.

The problem Rangers have is there aren’t too many sellable assets there to bring in big fees.

And that means there will have to be more wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, which brings no guarantees.

That’s a huge worry because Celtic have the resources to spend big.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...cott-brown-kill-you-rival-ac-milan-balotelli/
But I reckon there could be something like 15 players shipped out of Ibrox.

For many of them, it won’t be a moment too soon. This is a squad that cost two previous bosses their jobs.

First, Giovanni van Bronckhorst was shown the door because of the group’s failings and then Michael Beale was sacked, too.

But that won’t happen this time.

Clement’s job is safe and he’s the one who will be seeing others off the premises.

That’s not a knee-jerk reaction to the results against Ross County and Dundee.

I’ve been saying this since Clement first arrived. There has to be drastic changes made to that under-performing squad.

The good work Clement did when he first came in to the Ibrox club only served to paper over the cracks. But they never really went away.

There was a momentum shift after Rangers lifted the Viaplay Cup and Celtic lost form.

But it was asking way too much to sustain a run of form from September until May with a group of players who were always going to revert back to type.

The only surprise is it took this long for it to happen.

But Clement himself probably hasn’t been surprised by it, which is why he’ll see no point in letting rip at his squad with just five games to go.

He probably sees the players are doing as well as they’re capable of. But he’ll know they’re simply not good enough.

The galling thing is that the Ross County game should have been a gimme.

I don’t mean that in any kind of disrespectful way, but Rangers should have been able to rock up in Dingwall and win if they did things correctly.

Yet there wasn’t the urgency or intensity required at this stage in the season.

It was the same in Dundee, with too many players just waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen.

That’s the biggest failing of this group of players.

Too many of the forwards are incapable of sniffing out chances from nothing.

There is no real creativity from middle to front from players whose job it is to provide that.

Look at Todd Cantwell and tell me what he brings to the table.

Tom Lawrence is a nice footballer, but he’s the same.

Then there’s Fabio Silva, someone who once cost £35million and will be getting paid a fortune.

I mean, wow. Just wow.

It’s not his fault about the fee or the wages someone is prepared to pay for him. But what is his fault is the number of times he’s caught on his heels.

I’ll cut Abdallah Sima some slack because he’s been out for so long with injuries.

But I said Cyriel Dessers wasn’t up to being the main striker at Rangers pretty much after taking one look at him and nothing has happened to change my mind.

And don’t start me on Rabbi Matondo, who needs the goals to be the width of the penalty box to hit the target on a regular basis.

You know what should be embarrassing these guys more than anything, though? It’s that the club’s right-back scores more goals than them.

I don’t care that a lot of James Tavernier’s strikes are penalties and free-kicks. He still contributes from open play and if I was one of the strikers at the club I’d be red-faced about that.

Just as I would be raging that a striker at another club — that isn’t Celtic — is banging in goals left, right and centre every week.

But do these guys care about that? I’m not so sure they do.

I’m not saying they have to be screaming at each other because I don’t buy that either.

In the Gers team I played in, our leaders were Allan McGregor, Davie Weir, Steven Davis, Pedro Mendes, Kenny Miller and our skipper, Barry Ferguson.

But Baz was probably the only one who would have a rant. The rest did their talking on the park by demanding the ball and leading by example. By making things happen out of nothing.

Kirk Broadfoot had his critics, but he wore his heart on his sleeve in that jersey and I don’t see enough of that in this team.

Clement could have said all that, but football has changed so much in the last few years with this generation.

Put a better CB next to Goldson and he thrives, go out and spend whatever it takes to bring in an experienced quality CB who can play left or right sided and our defence is sorted. Goldson has his faults, but he never hides and is very rarely injured, others at Ibrox will stay out "injured" if the weather is bad!

Same goes with our midfield, go find another Ian Ferguson, a Stuart McCall, midfielders that will run all day, midfielders who can break up the play, aren't afraid to put the boot in and who will drag the team back up when we are down.

Up front we have Danilo to come back in, we need another striker and wide player as well.
Haha nae chance. I’ll be chuffed to see the back of CG

He hides in literally every match.

THE Rangers team isn’t anywhere near ruthless enough.

But you’d better believe their manager is.

No one should be fooled by Philippe Clement’s Dens Park post-match verdict when he talked up his team’s performance.

Least of all those players themselves.

The Belgian will know it wasn’t good enough, but he didn’t want to publicly throw anyone under the bus while there is still a chance of winning the title.

Even if it’s a slim chance at best.
No, whatever happens between now and the end of the season, there is a huge clear-out coming in the summer.

The problem Rangers have is there aren’t too many sellable assets there to bring in big fees.

And that means there will have to be more wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, which brings no guarantees.

That’s a huge worry because Celtic have the resources to spend big.

First, Giovanni van Bronckhorst was shown the door because of the group’s failings and then Michael Beale was sacked, too.

But that won’t happen this time.

Clement’s job is safe and he’s the one who will be seeing others off the premises.

That’s not a knee-jerk reaction to the results against Ross County and Dundee.

I’ve been saying this since Clement first arrived. There has to be drastic changes made to that under-performing squad.

The good work Clement did when he first came in to the Ibrox club only served to paper over the cracks. But they never really went away.

There was a momentum shift after Rangers lifted the Viaplay Cup and Celtic lost form.

But it was asking way too much to sustain a run of form from September until May with a group of players who were always going to revert back to type.

The only surprise is it took this long for it to happen.

But Clement himself probably hasn’t been surprised by it, which is why he’ll see no point in letting rip at his squad with just five games to go.

He probably sees the players are doing as well as they’re capable of. But he’ll know they’re simply not good enough.

The galling thing is that the Ross County game should have been a gimme.

I don’t mean that in any kind of disrespectful way, but Rangers should have been able to rock up in Dingwall and win if they did things correctly.

Yet there wasn’t the urgency or intensity required at this stage in the season.

It was the same in Dundee, with too many players just waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen.

That’s the biggest failing of this group of players.

Too many of the forwards are incapable of sniffing out chances from nothing.

There is no real creativity from middle to front from players whose job it is to provide that.

Look at Todd Cantwell and tell me what he brings to the table.

Tom Lawrence is a nice footballer, but he’s the same.

Then there’s Fabio Silva, someone who once cost £35million and will be getting paid a fortune.

I mean, wow. Just wow.

It’s not his fault about the fee or the wages someone is prepared to pay for him. But what is his fault is the number of times he’s caught on his heels.

I’ll cut Abdallah Sima some slack because he’s been out for so long with injuries.

But I said Cyriel Dessers wasn’t up to being the main striker at Rangers pretty much after taking one look at him and nothing has happened to change my mind.

And don’t start me on Rabbi Matondo, who needs the goals to be the width of the penalty box to hit the target on a regular basis.

You know what should be embarrassing these guys more than anything, though? It’s that the club’s right-back scores more goals than them.

I don’t care that a lot of James Tavernier’s strikes are penalties and free-kicks. He still contributes from open play and if I was one of the strikers at the club I’d be red-faced about that.

Just as I would be raging that a striker at another club — that isn’t Celtic — is banging in goals left, right and centre every week.

But do these guys care about that? I’m not so sure they do.

I’m not saying they have to be screaming at each other because I don’t buy that either.

In the Gers team I played in, our leaders were Allan McGregor, Davie Weir, Steven Davis, Pedro Mendes, Kenny Miller and our skipper, Barry Ferguson.

But Baz was probably the only one who would have a rant. The rest did their talking on the park by demanding the ball and leading by example. By making things happen out of nothing.

Kirk Broadfoot had his critics, but he wore his heart on his sleeve in that jersey and I don’t see enough of that in this team.

Clement could have said all that, but football has changed so much in the last few years with this generation.

But I’ll tell you this, the Gers supporters haven’t changed one bit during that time.

They demand the same now as they always have — and that’s always going to be the way of it.

If we go into next season with Tavernier and Goldson then it’ll be the same story for the next batch of midfielders and forwards that come our way. For Tavernier to play his role in the team it takes dedicated midfielders to be playing more for him than for the team. We need a fit Ryan Jack that can cover for him and a skilful midfielder that can create the space for him. There’s two players needing removed first and foremost and Boyd mentioned neither.

Strange that he managed to miss the usual culprits that are involved in every single collapse, actually praising one of them

I hope clement knows what he has to do in the summer

Can’t criticise the ones he’s picked out but a bit weird the ones he’s steered away from calling out
Because he has a different opinion makes it a bit weird, maybe he knows a wee bit more than yourself?

Goldson is supposed to be the main man who takes others games to a new level not the opposite way!

Because he has a different opinion makes it a bit weird, maybe he knows a wee bit more than yourself?
He's right though, Tav again getting let off the hook in the media.
What is weird is how you and the other Tav FC cheerleaders seem to scan the board looking for anyone who dares to criticise Tav the serial loser. anyone goes near criticising him and you wet your pants. You're like the Sutton of FF. you say anything and listen to nothing.
Is this you Tav? Doing a mick Beale on social media?

Hard to take his point seriously when he goes full Facebook maw half way through,
"I mean, wow. Just wow."
Cringing for him with that patter.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...vie-kris-boyd-five-rangers-stars-embarrassed/

May be reading too much into the first half of the article, but Boyd sound certain about the level of change we may see in the summer.

All this leadership group and do they care chat……..

The players aren’t good enough. We’ve taken a chance on a load of players who were perceived to be of better quality but has issues with injuries and it’s came home to roost.

Stops short of naming names, but sums it up fairly well for a change.

Back