Kris Boyd: Do these guys care?

Yeah, no goals scored against pish Dundee didn't cost us?
As i pointed out we still have the best defence in the league despite the horrible last 3 games, tells me quite a lot about your football knowledge.

Bye.

You really are a wee fanboy aren’t you

It’s not you anyone’s having a go at, relax

Too many passengers at a time when everyone needed to stand up tall and be counted. That’s what the issue with this squad is. Happy to be here when the meagre glories come in, but happy to hide when the going gets tough.

That’s not a title winning side and I’m saying that as someone who still has a glimmer, a very small one, of winning this thing.

We weren’t saying it 3/4 weeks ago, Christ, something drastic has changed or the same fear has crept in so badly that some of the leaders are crippled by it.

Change is needed and fast because we can’t keep doing this year in year out.

I do laugh at Boyd doing a bit of tough talking and then aiming his anger at five of the easiest targets possible. Going after a sub in the last 4 games and who has scored two goals ? What's the point in that ?

Not a single word about Tav, Goldson or Lundstram or the lack of leadership stemming from them. Not a single word about how Tav and Goldson are the two constants in the 5 collapses in 6 seasons. Not a single word about the poor decisions, including waiting too late to make subs, Clement has made in the last three games.

I do laugh at Boyd doing a bit of tough talking and then aiming his anger at five of the easiest targets possible. Going after a sub in the last 4 games and who has scored two goals ? What's the point in that ?

Not a single word about Tav, Goldson or Lundstram or the lack of leadership stemming from them. Not a single word about how Tav and Goldson are the two constants in the 5 collapses in 6 seasons. Not a single word about the poor decisions, including waiting too late to make subs, Clement has made in the last three games.
If other players contributed even half of what Tav has in those years, we’d have won far more trophies

The main issue is lack of quality throughout the team, midfield and forward areas in particular. Centre halves haven’t covered themselves in glory either

mentions the obvious under performers like Matondo and Dessers but doesn't mention the Captain(in a negative way) Goldson and JL, even when talking about the team getting 2 previous managers the sack and reverting to type.

If there is to be a clear out it needs to start with these 3 otherwise we will here again next year

The 1st few months of Clement spell for the Tav haters must have been a nightmare for them.

1 bad bit of form and there all back with a vengeance can’t wait to say “ told you so”
Must be coincidence its happened with Gio and Beale.

Starts off well then walks around the pitch with slumped shoulders saying we'll learn more.

If we look at the players he names, Boyd isn't saying anything different to what we all are.

Cantwell isn't good enough, flashes of individual brilliance are great to watch, but he can't lift the team when needed.

Lawrence, I've yet to see what he can bring to the table, plays ok when we are playing well, but again, disappears when needed to step up.

Silva, send him back.

Sima, he can play a bit and can turn games.

Dessers, I like his attitude, but less said the better.

Matondo, see Cantwell.

We would be a much better team with a strong leading centre back, take the pressure from Goldson, one who can organise and lead from the back, we slate Goldson, try putting a better player alongside him I believe he would thrive, same with Tav.

Same goes for our midfield, we need a strong leader in there, a spoiler who can break up the play and hold the ball, take the pressure from the defence and allow the other middle players to do the creative part. Ryan Jack can do this, btu can't stay fit, thought we had this with Raskin, but his form has plummeted, maybe he can turn it round given the chance.

Unlike others, I don't feel we are too far away from a team capable of winning the league, we have shown we can compete, however our league chances were lost under Beale, Clement gave us hope, I feel the cup is where our glory lies now, hope I'm wrong.
Cantwell should be running games for us..... He isn't.

If other players contributed even half of what Tav has in those years, we’d have won far more trophies

The main issue is lack of quality throughout the team, midfield and forward areas in particular. Centre halves haven’t covered themselves in glory either

Other players did and we didn't win more trophies.

Tav has been a brilliant player for Rangers but anyone with a functioning pair of eyes can see he no longer has the engine to do what he was doing 3/4/5 years ago and that he is struggling badly.

No one should be escaping their part in this collapse. As long as we keep kidding ourselves that the leadership group aren't as much of an issue and if we just surround them with the right players this time things will be different then we'll keep doing the same nonsense every season.

Massive changes are required this summer. Nothing and no one should be safe.

Too many passengers at a time when everyone needed to stand up tall and be counted. That’s what the issue with this squad is. Happy to be here when the meagre glories come in, but happy to hide when the going gets tough.

That’s not a title winning side and I’m saying that as someone who still has a glimmer, a very small one, of winning this thing.

We weren’t saying it 3/4 weeks ago, Christ, something drastic has changed or the same fear has crept in so badly that some of the leaders are crippled by it.

Change is needed and fast because we can’t keep doing this year in year out.
Any Rangers team worth it's salt would have ensured those bastards were turned over at Ibrox 2 weeks ago by any means possible.

As usual the current lot shit the bed and feel sorry for themselves.

Zero leadership after a setback and it has to end in the summer.

The reality is that for most players winning a title would be fantastic, but will they regret it once they have retired? Players generally don’t feel the same lingering intensity as fans.

I’ve made this point in threads on VAR debates. Incorrect calls during games can be brushed off as inconvenient by most players, but for fans it never goes away.

The 1st few months of Clement spell for the Tav haters must have been a nightmare for them.

1 bad bit of form and there all back with a vengeance can’t wait to say “ told you so”

The problem is if he keeps stinking the place out when it gets to crunch points of seasons at some point you’re going to have to admit it’s an alarming trend. I’m no Tav hater but this is a recurring theme and unfortunately for us when he plays badly no one else steps up to the plate.

You can bemoan his form at crunch time in the season (call him a bottler if you want the hyperbole) AND think that others need to step up and offer more.

Tav playing like Cafu in the Europa League and dragging us to the final only to absolutely stink in the final was the most depressing drop of form for me. Interestingly though in that game after 95 minutes Gio made a change to 3-5-2 and Tav suddenly looked decent again. I can’t help but feel when he isn’t playing well we need to push him forward away from our goal where he has defensive responsibilities and just free him to attack.

Agree. There was a guy on here the other day saying we need 17 out and 17 in. We need about 4 new players and a few out
In a perfect world 4 quality players would make a big difference but only if they could stay injury free.
Put Danilo, Cortes and Jack in the team and it completely changes our level for example.
I think quite a few will be shown the door so 4 in won't be enough

He's right though, Tav again getting let off the hook in the media.
What is weird is how you and the other Tav FC cheerleaders seem to scan the board looking for anyone who dares to criticise Tav the serial loser. anyone goes near criticising him and you wet your pants. You're like the Sutton of FF. you say anything and listen to nothing.
Is this you Tav? Doing a mick Beale on social media?
Hardly, I've had a season ticket long before he was a twinkle in his daddy's eye and will still have it long after he's gone.

Boyd is just saying what a lot of people on here have been saying not quite sure why people are having a go at Boyd

Other players did and we didn't win more trophies.

Tav has been a brilliant player for Rangers but anyone with a functioning pair of eyes can see he no longer has the engine to do what he was doing 3/4/5 years ago and that he is struggling badly.

No one should be escaping their part in this collapse. As long as we keep kidding ourselves that the leadership group aren't as much of an issue and if we just surround them with the right players this time things will be different then we'll keep doing the same nonsense every season.

Massive changes are required this summer. Nothing and no one should be safe.
We need to play him at right mid and take the defensive side away from him for his and our sakes. Far too often he can't get back and we've a glaring gap on our right hand side which teams exploit. It's time to sign Tav's long-term replacement if we can.

mentions the obvious under performers like Matondo and Dessers but doesn't mention the Captain(in a negative way) Goldson and JL, even when talking about the team getting 2 previous managers the sack and reverting to type.

If there is to be a clear out it needs to start with these 3 otherwise we will here again next year
GvB got the sack because he couldn't get to grips with Scottish football and a horrendous injury list in central defence, having to play Sands, King and Ben Davies because Goldson was injured.

Beale got himself the sack because he wasted millions of pounds on absolute dross, he was way out of his depth.

Stop rewriting history.

He didn't blame Tav, Goldson, Lundtsram or Barisic.

Four players on massive wages who have been a contributing factor in absolute failure.

Barisic is another. You want to talk about someone not pulling their weight or melting down continously ? Or feeling his hamstring any time there's a sniff of a penalty shoot out ?

A guy of his experience and ability and the manager is playing a right back instead of him because he cannot trust his temperament or his attitude when the chips are down.

Barisic should be utterly embarrassed and ashamed at the punchline he's become in the support.

There's a target right there for Boyd but no he'd rather go after the guy who scored a wonder goal to equalise against Celtic.

JL, Tav, Goldson, Barisic all omitted for criticism
Tav is NOT the problem he’s used as the scapegoat every time things go wrong. Barisic hardly gets game time now and will obviously be gone. Yes Goldson is finished and is a liability no idea why he misses him out. As far as Lundstrum goes he probably changes his mind about him on a weekly basis,I know I do! When he’s good he runs the show when he’s bad he’s a waste of a jersey.

• Haha
Reactions: WLF

Or he has been a really shit Captain over the years and has failed to inspire his team mates!

Not sure why I'm reading posters having a go at Boyd over those comments? He's entirely correct. Some of these players simply don't care and most are not good enough.

Or he has been a really shit Captain over the years and has failed to inspire his team mates!
Counter to that is that Gerrard and GVB were both world class Captains and both saw enough in Tav to do the role?

I'm not saying it's necessarily my opinion, but I do find it odd if he's such a bad Captain as many on here suggest that those two Managers, plus those after them haven't removed his armband.

Counter to that is that Gerrard and GVB were both world class Captains and both saw enough in Tav to do the role?

I'm not saying it's necessarily my opinion, but I do find it odd if he's such a bad Captain as many on here suggest that those two Managers, plus those after them haven't removed his armband.
They both should have removed his armband.

So everyone at fault bar Tav? My god you need to take your head out the sand.

Barisic is another. You want to talk about someone not pulling their weight or melting down continously ? Or feeling his hamstring any time there's a sniff of a penalty shoot out ?

A guy of his experience and ability and the manager is playing a right back instead of him because he cannot trust his temperament or his attitude when the chips are down.

Barisic should be utterly embarrassed and ashamed at the punchline he's become in the support.

There's a target right there for Boyd but no he'd rather go after the guy who scored a wonder goal to equalise against Celtic.
Pundits like Boyd and Miller are part of the problem as well. Both unwilling to call the captain and his mate at centre half out but will go after Matondo without a blink of an eye.

Not sure on his 5 targets and there’s always a heavy touch of hypocrisy when criticism like this comes from Kris Boyd.

No idea why Matondo is on the list.

The advantage of the attacking fullback is that they are meant to complement the attack whilst being able to get back to deal with any defensive threats. Whilst we have the midfielders tasked with complementing the fullback and forwards are giving limited options which usually forces them to try to have to bring down a long hopeful punt. Having the likes of Boyd wondering why these attackers and midfielders are so inept shows why he is a pundit rather than a manager.

How can anyone compare Ferguson to Tav goldson etc. Come on.
The games against r c dundee looks like don't care they got a chance to
Boyd is spot on with what he says , the strikers should be ashamed of their efforts this season
He is right the way they played against rc dundee they had a great chance to win league get into c league no desired or bottle very happy to Finnish 2nd not good enough when asked to up the performance they can't joke

The problem with the squad is that too many of our senior leadership have simply been here way too long, are not good enough and have so much scar tissue against them that they are basically cucks before a balls kicked.

For any Rangers fan thinking not beating them in 2 years in any meaningful game, not beating them at Parkhead for 4 years is acceptable is absolutely delusional.

The squads filled with utter shite. It needs gutted, not one or 2, absolutely gutted. The sort of change that they over seen when they lost the league. Something like 8 new starters im sure it was. Thats what i want in the summer. No more Tav, no more goldson, no more lundstrum, lawrence, cantwell, dessers, matondos. Rid the lot and bring in fresh younger, hungrier players not scared of them.

Yeah the 6 goals lost in 2 games didn’t cost us at all with shambolic defending from the usual suspects

See ya
Mostly to do with the structure of the team rather than individuals. We were wide open in the middle of the park. Start with the manager on that one.

So Boyd blames lack of quality in the squad and names a bunch of players, but the forum fights back and drags the topic back to the same as all the other threads.

So Boyd blames lack of quality in the squad and names a bunch of players, but the forum fights back and drags the topic back to the same as all the other threads.
I think he's making a decent enough point but seems to name some yet ignore the abject failings of some others.

Back