Kylie already lost it with the press

Macky1986

Gerrard didn’t “get time”.

Gerrard earned time with exceptional European results and clear, obvious and tangible improvement each season
I was slagging my father in law last night telling him the fat aussie will be back to Australia in time for their summer. His answer was, "he will come good. How long did Gerrard get?" My response was Gerrard came in and made an instant difference, made us solid and done great in Europe straight away. Ange has played 3 competitive games and hasnt won yet. If you count his friendlies then he has played 8 games and won 2.

Macky1986

Comparisons with Gerrard aren’t relevant, IMO. Howe was their main target and all plans appeared to have revolved around getting him in the door.

The Fat Greek is their third or fourth choice and that (and the one year rolling contract he signed) suggest there will be considerable hesitancy in giving him carte blanche.

There’s then the big question over who is actually targeting and signing players anyway?

There was a suggestion that Starfelt and Abada have been on their list for a while as were the quartet of freebies from down south with Furuhashi the only obvious choice of their manager.

If they were to spend heavily on the positions they’re still clearly lacking in, who would be making the decisions on exactly who those players are?

Remember, Posterglue is a guy who’s never managed in Europe before so is unlikely to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of that market, especially when there’s still no DOF or head of recruitment in place to help him so if decisions are left down to him it could be disastrous (remember Pedro and his choice of obvious but relatively expensive duds like Peña and Herrera?).
Surely if he had much of a say he would be going to Japan and buying one of the better players in the league and not a player who plays for a bottom half side and has 6 caps.

Elvisger

Was listening to a Scottish reporter on talkSPORT either yesterday or Friday, saying celtic fans have resigned to the fact they won’t win the league this year but will give the new manager time and he will come good
Most of the tramps I work with say that to be fair

whitbyontbear

He will be having mental reruns of "Home and Away" every night while wondering if his team will get beat either Home or Away or maybe both. poor guy needs a slab of XXXX.

Martyboy70

I'd agree with a lot of that-this guy is largely unknown SG is world famous-you can see how the players have responded to him -it's an extra factor that their guy can't bring and he's walked into a dressing that is fragmented and a club that has had it's biggest disappointment in it's history.

He's got a mountain to climb-a managerial punt from them at this crucial stage for them is lunacy.
You saw it at the Madrid game. Their player realises he's stood next to greatness and respectfully asks if he can shake his hand. If that had been Ange, the boy from Madrid would probably have asked him to get him a bottle of water.

fergie1959

Can't understand why some on here are expressing sympathy for this guy. He will have been aware of the forty years of child rape, but took the job anyway.

phoenix40uk

You saw it at the Madrid game. Their player realises he's stood next to greatness and respectfully asks if he can shake his hand. If that had been Ange, the boy from Madrid would probably have asked him to get him a bottle of water.
But but but, "One of the top 10 coaches in the world" n'at