Lack of old firm understanding

Probably get a lot of stick for this one but..

2 games I think he has it wrong. In no way shape or form you start Scott wright. Cantwell could or should have come on at HT, I would have even risked starting him - Lawrence was no existent imo.
- me and fellow bears said this before k.o.

And, not sure if he is to blame, but where is Roofe? - Dessers as lone striker with no one to challenge his postion is just wrong.

2 games I think he has it wrong. In no way shape or form you start Scott wright. Cantwell could or should have come on at HT, I would have even risked starting him - Lawrence was no existent imo.

And, not sure if he is to blame, but where is Roofe? - Dessers as lone striker with no one to challenge his postion is just wrong.

FWIW, thought Dessers was ok today actually.

Wright is bizarre, but I’d imagine Borna being sick then forced Sterling to LB instead of RW.

Rather than give the boss stick for today I'd rather say that he has now had 2 clear looks at this squad and how it fares in OF games. He'll know he absolutely has to get the selection right in the next OF because that will be do or die where the league is concerned.

Hopefully the last game everyone is fit and available to stop trying to get a game out of the squad players who not good enough.

With the way the team played in the first half, Barisic being sick might have been a blessing, as much as I don’t like saying it Bornas got the heart of a mouse when everyone is playing well, that could have been even uglier. Sterling did reasonably well playing not just out of position but completely ob the wrong side.

I would agree that it’s clear the manager hasn’t quite “figured” them out yet but it took Gerrard (who is the standard everyone is holding him to) a couple of games as well.

Let’s be honest we all know that there is a psychological aspect to this. Some of our players just seem too mentally scarred by the past in this fixture and it’s clear PC hasn’t sorted that out. Might be that it isn’t salvageable with some of them, the summer might give us a clue about that one.

Aye. Right.

He is so limited for options, and you can tell he's not sure on Lawrence or Cantwell.

Once he gets his players in next season we'll be able to dominate these old firms again.

I don't have too much of an issue besides the bizarre Scott Wright choice. We get out of that first half 0-0 if not for the Tav and Goldson show.

With the way the team played in the first half, Barisic being sick might have been a blessing, as much as I don’t like saying it Bornas got the heart of a mouse when everyone is playing well, that could have been even uglier. Sterling did reasonably well playing not just out of position but completely ob the wrong side.

I would agree that it’s clear the manager hasn’t quite “figured” them out yet but it took Gerrard (who is the standard everyone is holding him to) a couple of games as well.

Let’s be honest we all know that there is a psychological aspect to this. Some of our players just seem too mentally scarred by the past in this fixture and it’s clear PC hasn’t sorted that out. Might be that it isn’t salvageable with some of them, the summer might give us a clue about that one.
I agree with you .. Tho I would have liked to see his left footed crosses come in on last 10 mins

I don't have too much of an issue besides the bizarre Scott Wright choice. We get out of that first half 0-0 if not for the Tav and Goldson show.
yep they scored form two mistakes from us, JB had a good save from their header and a routine save from the maeda, for all their dominance they never created that much

I agree with you .. Tho I would have liked to see his left footed crosses come in on last 10 mins
I see where you’re coming from but Barisics brilliant crosses only tend to reliably come in from set pieces and when he’s got at least a yard of space’s breathing room to set it up. He wouldn’t have had that today, at best he’d have been pinging in 50-50’s into that awful wind.

Back