Lapoussin (USG) #94

mathers1

Official Ticketer
Tav will be having nightmares about this guy tonight as he absolutely tore him a new ärsehole.

Went one way then another time after time after time.

Looked him up and he’s from Madagascar apparently. Has had a fairly mediocre career to date with no outstanding numbers but his dribbling exposed Tav in a way I’ve seen few do in recent times.

Last edited:
Tav will be having nightmares about this guy tonight as he absolutely tore him a new ärsehole.

Went one then another time after time after time.

Looked him up and he’s from Madagascar apparently. Has had a fairly mediocre career to date with no outstanding numbers but his dribbling exposed Tav in a way I’ve seen few do in recent times.
Hardly thought he tore him a new one calm down!

Went one then another time after time after time.

Tavs still trying to get up to speed, looks like he's running on treacle.

Because Matondo does not track back, will not track back and can't track back. Failure to replace Aribo will be our biggest failure this season.

Now that we are out of the CL we will not be signing making any more signing unless Kamara and Roofe leave.

Gave him too much space. Matondo didn’t help. Lapoussin’s end product was pretty poor. New arseholes? Didn’t see it that way.

We hung Tav out to dry today. The system allowed them to press men on him with no repercussions, Matondo was lost & he just looked isolated going forward.
Correct. We allowed them to play as well as they did because our shape and system was rotten, we had no midfield support for him and his man ahead didn’t bother his arse to help out half the time.

Tav didn’t help himself at times in attack, but he was hung out to dry 100%

He looked like a workmanlike player playing above his normal level we will see is he can play at that level next week my instinct says no particularly if we get an early goal

He looked like a workmanlike player playing above his normal level we will see is he can play at that level next week my instinct says no particularly if we get an early goal
If we don’t get a goal first 10-15 mins the tie is dead & the crowd will turn toxic.

Other than Tillman once or twice name me a Rangers player who went past his man on several occasions tonight? I’ll wait …
I’m not say they did. I’m saying the boy from Union SG got massive space, they didn’t afford us that. Tav had no help from Matondo or Jack or Kamara all night. New arsehole tearing is over dramatic and quite frankly bullshit.

We hung Tav out to dry today. The system allowed them to press men on him with no repercussions, Matondo was lost & he just looked isolated going forward.

If, as we saw tonight, Matondo isn't going to track back to support Tav, I don't see him starting in any 'big' games.

Equally, I don't see him being particularly effective against packed defences either, with pace looking like his only tangible attribute.

%^*& knows where that leaves him.

He defo likes to move it move it.

Because Matondo does not track back, will not track back and can't track back. Failure to replace Aribo will be our biggest failure this season.

Now that we are out of the CL we will not be signing making any more signing unless Kamara and Roofe leave.
On at least 4 occasions Matondo had the space for a run, Tav, Tillman and Kamara all missed him and made passes that ended the attack. Weird.

The problem here is that it's a different team from last season but GvB is not adapting it to the style of the new players. That is what was exposed tonight. Matondo was out his depth. Tav was not played tactically as he should have played, getting pressed way too much and then getting done by Lapoussin. Barisic just not good enough and Yilmaz clearly not used to his potential.

We need to play towards the players strengths. Need Kent back, he will play well with Yilmaz who I can see coming in from the wing a lot and scoring goals.l, coz we bloody need them.

We need to see better delivery to Colack but he also needs to move better. We need Morelos back pronto.

Rangers were not good enough. GvB needs to man up and make some bold calls now.

Totally disagree.

Adingra & Vanzeir would walk into our team.
They were good along with lapoussin, remember how barasic played against us also Colak. We were undoubtedly poor tonight after the 15 minute mark. Hopefully we can turn it round and kick on after this! Just got this niggling feeling that the europa league run masked all of our managers failings. For me far too negative. Fingers crossed I'm totally wrong!

They are a very well-drilled team. They defend well as a unit, they sit in with discipline, and then choose when to break and press forward. Lapoussin was a very effective part of those transitions. A team who operate with a footballing brain.

Madagascar? Cannae believe a chunt oot a cartoon caused so many problems.

They are a very well-drilled team. They defend well as a unit, they sit in with discipline, and then choose when to break and press forward. Lapoussin was a very effective part of those transitions. A team who operate with a footballing brain.
This. I described it to friends as watching an SPFL team with actual footballing ability sit in, fill space, force mistakes and counter effectively on a perceived superior opponent. They are not a great footballing team, nor do they have standout players, but they are exceptionally well drilled, tactically astute, defensively compact and very quick on the counter as and when mistakes occured. If we get an early goal next week that may change the complexion of the tie and they could get rattled if the crowd get going but I can only see them sitting back even deeper, drawing us forward, hoping to frustrate the crowd and kill the tie on the counter. It's an uphill task to turn it around.

He turned Tav a few times but overall he done nothing with it and his final ball was pretty p*sh.

He'll go back to being mediocre for the rest of his career.

This. I described it to friends as watching an SPFL team with actual footballing ability sit in, fill space, force mistakes and counter effectively on a perceived superior opponent. They are not a great footballing team, nor do they have standout players, but they are exceptionally well drilled, tactically astute, defensively compact and very quick on the counter as and when mistakes occured. If we get an early goal next week that may change the complexion of the tie and they could get rattled if the crowd get going but I can only see them sitting back even deeper, drawing us forward, hoping to frustrate the crowd and kill the tie on the counter. It's an uphill task to turn it around.
Definitely the product of some first class coaching.

Back