Laudrup Cooper Baxter.....

TN8

Father in law (Northern Irish Spurs fan) has just been asking about my t-shirt which I'm sure a few will be familiar with - these 3 players photographs with "Simply the Best" caption, got it at one the wee retro stalls in Braehead or wherever.

He asked if they were generally considered our 3 best players and my answer was probably, yes they're the 3 that would instantly spring to mind, post WWII anyway (I don't imagine there's many if any bears still around who saw the likes of Morton McPhail or Meiklejohn).

So come on, none of this naming your top 5/10 or saying "him or him".

Geez yer tap 3 and 3 only, first that come to mind.

Go!

Father in law (Northern Irish Spurs fan) has just been asking about my t-shirt which I'm sure a few will be familiar with - these 3 players photographs with "Simply the Best" caption, got it at one the wee retro stalls in Braehead or wherever.

He asked if they were generally considered our 3 best players and my answer was probably, yes they're the 3 that would instantly spring to mind, post WWII anyway (I don't imagine there's many if any bears still around who saw the likes of Morton McPhail or Meiklejohn).

Go!
Certainly our three most gifted for me.

Gascoigne
Laudrup
McCoist

In that order.

I realise McCoist wasn't the most technically gifted, compared to others, to be that consistent, over that many years takes some amount of ability and belief.

Only got to see the very end of Davie Cooper's Rangers career. Otherwise he'd be a no brainer.

Go!
I've got the t-shirt so must agree with you. In my lifetime the best 3.

Baxter, McCoist, Cooper.

No place for Laudrup or Gazza :eek:

I'm taking service to the club and longevity into account.

Baxter, McCoist, Cooper.

No place for Laudrup or Gazza :eek:

I'm taking service to the club and longevity into account.

Not taking that into account though? Just the "best players" if you were picking them?

Laudrup
Gazza
Mols

The way Mols used to turn players in knots was a joy to watch. Pity we really only got 3-4 months of it and fleeting glimpses thereafter.

Greig,Cooper,Laudrup,Greig had qualities sadly missed in today's game and the other two were just sublime football players.

If it's based on ability only and taking nothing else into consideration then i'd go.....

Laudrup
Gascoigne
De Boer

Baxter followed by Laudrup for sure, but number three is a toss up between Henderson (yes, he was that good) and Gasgoigne. Most probably, if we had access to 20's and 30's footage, it would be Alan Morton.

Back