Laudrup on Morelos

mdingwall

Administrator
W5zaHPi.jpg

It's hard to let go. We all said in the summer if he helps bring 55 he can go with our best wishes but now it's happening we won't want him to leave. I feel we need him to get into the CL but if he we get 25M+ for him it would be hard to refuse considering we got him for a million

Unless he's moving to a club already in the CL he'd be well advised to sit tight. The chance to show his abilities at the very highest level is exactly where Alfredo Morelos wants to be come the summer. He can do that right here then get his move off the back of it if that's what suits both parties. At this stage and the position we're in, I'd be amazed if his agent isn't telling him the same.

He’s only 24, I think and I hope he stays next season for the champions league.

A decent run in Europe where we know he’ll preform and one more season in his newer role, hopefully a little more prolific.

Then we can let him go in the summer for a big fee and start the very difficult task of replacing him.

It's hard to let go. We all said in the summer if he helps bring 55 he can go with our best wishes but now it's happening we won't want him to leave. I feel we need him to get into the CL but if he we get 25M+ for him it would be hard to refuse considering we got him for a million
We won’t and can’t turn down 25 mate and I am one who speculates to accumulate.

It needs to be done swiftly though to allow us time to get someone else in hard as that will be

Gerrard mentioning him being the happiest he has ever been, coming to training smiling, life settled outside the club has given some hope he may stay and champions league football on offer as well. But a bid 20 mill + and he’s gone even he wanted to stay. Can’t pass up that amount of money. Unfortunately I think being an English premier league player will be a bigger pull for him than playing in the champions league.

More of a general comment, but this selling on for profit is a bit of a difficult one, you want to get as much as you can for a player if they do go but that means that they generally have to be sold when they're at their peak performance.

I don't think there's many who'd want us to sell such a high valued important player especially when in the middle of a league campaign.

I guess the only way that can be resolved is by having more quality players at the club to fill the large void left when a player eventually does go. Then again you'd think more quality players means more rotation to keep them all happy, which means less individual exposure on the world stage and therefore less chance of selling players for such a high amount.

I don't know, it's a difficult one.

I’m not sure he wants to go now with the possibilities of CL next season. He seems settled probably more than ever.
With his English improving I think his interaction with the rest of the team will be much better. As long as we match his expectations with pay there is a good chance he will enjoy his time with us and the exposure of CL football will be attractive to him.

I’m not sure he wants to go now with the possibilities of CL next season. He seems settled probably more than ever.
I'm not sure he has ever been in a rush to leave. CL qualification should be enough to extend his stay for another year - bids dependent.

Hos agent has always been the one who has made noises about him being keen to move and even these have abated.

From his point of view, if we get into the CL then there's the possibility of showcasing his talents and getting a bigger move again.

I predict he won't move until after the
qualifiers are done just to see what's on the table.

A lot of wishful thinking on this thread. Morelos is playing out of his skin in Europe again this season because he knows that's when the scouts pay the closest attention. Gerrard even alluded to it post Antwerp match last week.

I adore him and wish he would stay, but I've made my peace with him leaving this summer.

Unless he's moving to a club already in the CL he'd be well advised to sit tight. The chance to show his abilities at the very highest level is exactly where Alfredo Morelos wants to be come the summer. He can do that right here then get his move off the back of it if that's what suits both parties. At this stage and the position we're in, I'd be amazed if his agent isn't telling him the same.
Can’t see it to be honest his agent will be desperate for the dosh

I want Morelos to stay forever. I love big Buff! Unfortunately, i think we may get one more season at most.

Youd like to think the lure of the CL will make him want to stay but we all know if a huge bid comes in he will be gone.

It will be a sad day when he leaves and its going to be very difficult to replace him.

Although Alfredo has reacted stupidly at times in the league when provoked by treatment he receives from opposing players he needs to be smart when exacting revenge imo!

Perhaps he likes playing in European games because opposing players are more interested in playing football than using the dirty physical tactics used by opponents in our league? Who knows?

I want Morelos to stay forever. I love big Buff! Unfortunately, i think we may get one more season at most.

Youd like to think the lure of the CL will make him want to stay but we all know if a huge bid comes in he will be gone.

It will be a sad day when he leaves and its going to be very difficult to replace him.
I'm also hoping that with us still in the Europa league and Lille out of it Morelos might see that although our league isn't the strongest we've got a lot more going on than what someone not in the know might see at first glance.

Although Alfredo has reacted stupidly at times in the league when provoked by treatment he receives from opposing players he needs to be smart when exacting revenge imo!

Perhaps he likes playing in European games because opposing players are more interested in playing football than using the dirty physical tactics used by opponents in our league? Who knows?

Agree with this.

As well as players, referees treat him objectively too.

I don't know if it's a good thing but it's certainly part of the game, and if you're not good at hiding what you're doing or getting away with it you're better not doing it!

You have to remember though, Morelos isn't an angel just reacting all the time, he's the instigator at times.

Spot on mate .

I hope he stays for a go at the CL

I hope he signs a new contract, and stays for a few years, he’s irreplaceable to me.

I love Alfredo Temperance, just love him.

However, I think if a 20m offer comes in the Summer I think we should sell.

He’s been a modern hero for us, but we know that every little indiscretion in this country will be jumped upon & punished. And he is human.

I don't know if it's a good thing but it's certainly part of the game, and if you're not good at hiding what you're doing or getting away with it you're better not doing it!

You have to remember though, Morelos isn't an angel just reacting all the time, he's the instigator at times.
He has been at times I believe he learned that here after a target was put on his back by certain pundits!

I

It is not so much that European players are more interested in playing football it's that can play football, where as in this midden they can't so resort to knuckle dragging.

I think what Gerrard said after the game about Alfie enjoying that platform for those who are looking in tells us their is active interest in him and I suspect Gerrard expects suitors to come to the table in the Summer for him and that’s also maybe why Alfie is happy too.....his agent will be aware of whom is showing the relevant interest.

Would love to keep him for a crack at the CL but I do believe he'll go this summer. Whether players who leave us go on to win anything or not is a different issue from the far superior wages that they can now earn elsewhere. Unless there is a real shake up in our game, while young player may fall in love with our club and support, the ability to use us as a window to secure a bigger income is the reality we are in.

Add to that the fact that if we succeed in the CL we will be making bigger headlines, with him more likely in the top billing, than any other team.

A Scottish team (big fish from a little pond) with a player legend turned manager? Add to that the story of the last 10 years?? Nothing matches that combination.

I think what Gerrard said after the game about Alfie enjoying that platform for those who are looking in tells us their is active interest in him and I suspect Gerrard expects suitors to come to the table in the Summer for him and that’s also maybe why Alfie is happy too.....his agent will be aware of whom is showing the relevant interest.

I think we could read Gerrard’s comment a few ways WATP ?

High profile for Alfredo, better refs, less neds kicking him, better standard of football ?

Either way, I’ve loved watching him terrorise defenders across Europe in recent years, pretty much of a top standard, and whenever he goes I’ll watch his career with great interest and with total support.

Add to that the fact that if we succeed in the CL we will be making bigger headlines, with him more likely in the top billing, than any other team.

A Scottish team (big fish from a little pond) with a player legend turned manager? Add to that the story of the last 10 years?? Nothing matches that combination.
Absolutely, it could well land him a bigger contract and us a bigger sale price. The balance for the player is always being one injury away from that contract disappearing though, and is that chance worth holding out for against what he could get in the summer. I hope he stays but my head says he'll go.

He’s staying for 56 & a pop at the Champions League!

I would love to watch the Antwerp version of Alfredo in the Champions League. Those type of performances on the biggest stage in world football, would drive his value up to easily the £30M+ mark and im never one to go overboard on valuation.

The board will have an enviable dilemma on their hands. I believe the Champions League proper grows the brand enormously. Given how great Gerrard has been, one or two board members may seriously want to roll the dice on Alfredo and Gerrard getting us the group stage jackpot. Its certainly not unfathomable.

If they do wish to cash out on Alfie, id understand that too though, theyve bankrolled the club without hesitation, so il support their decision either way. It wont stop me getting excited about seeing this current team in the Champions League, with the wee man leading the line, in the meantime though :shh:

A lot of wishful thinking on this thread. Morelos is playing out of his skin in Europe again this season because he knows that's when the scouts pay the closest attention. Gerrard even alluded to it post Antwerp match last week.

I adore him and wish he would stay, but I've made my peace with him leaving this summer.
We all said the same last season mate but for whatever reason Alfie stayed to win us 55. I don't think it's foregone that Alfie leaves in the summer

I think if we get a bid that meets our valuation and he wants to go, we should let him. No point in having a player who doesn't want to be here. Even, Laudrup, in hi last season, after we knocked back a bid was a shadow of his earlier self.

We all said the same last season mate but for whatever reason Alfie stayed to win us 55. I don't think it's foregone that Alfie leaves in the summer
He almost left in the summer mate. If Lille had matched our asking price he would have. He was ready to. He wanted to. The situation around Covid 19 put a stop to it though.

As long as Rangers remain tethered to the SPL, we will be obliged to follow the 'buy low sell high' model - therefore, any decent offer that comes in for Morelos over the summer will be accepted.

For what it's worth, IMO we will have as much or more trouble hanging on to Kent this summer as we will Alfredo. Indeed, the Rangers team that starts the 2021/2022 season could look a lot different from the one that ends the current one.

I actually think he'll stay one more year, and the club will inform him he can go, summer 2022.

If he goes to a European team, that's a wee weekend trip sorted. To see him for his new team.

I have a £50 bet with a mate that he'll go for £20m or more, which seemed easy money last season. This season it has looked a lost cause, however the last few weeks are giving me optimism again. Come on Morelos, for Rangers and my wallet!

He wants the life changing money that will set him, kids and family up for life.
That’s what it’s about but not something many fans realise. It’s a great job but basically still a job.

Alfie was sensational against Antwerp the other night, almost unplayable. I hope he stays for a crack at the Champions League. That's when the serious money offers will be made.

He almost left in the summer mate. If Lille had matched our asking price he would have. He was ready to. He wanted to. The situation around Covid 19 put a stop to it though.
Champions league might just sway him to stay, anyway we will address that in time mate. We have 55 to celebrate soon B-D

I personally think we should sell him this summer. His card has been marked in Scotland for a long time now and he's not been at his best domestically for a large part of the season.

Plus the reality is, we need to become a selling club and he's one of our prized assets.

I'd also be looking to sell Barisic. If we wait any longer he'll be too old to command a decent fee.

Back