Laudrup talking about when Ally and Gazza had their little tiff on the pitch

Funny the things you remember re games in the past. I remember that particular game and day for the pouring rain in the lead up similar to the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden v the tims when Davie Robertson got sent off.

think he means the League Cup final.

McCoist has told the story before as well, Gazza kept mouthing off even after Walter had got in the door, Ally knew when to back off was when he saw Walter was raging, Gazza didn't and Walter ended up hanging him up on the clothes peg and after he refused to sit on "his fucking arse!"

Gazza a double brandy later goes out scores 2 goals and wins the cup.

Great times. I was in that shitty temporary stand that day behind the goal. Was sure it was going to collapse during the bouncy second half.
Same here. It was freezing too and like you, thought I was going to die that day but didn't care. Brilliant times.

I'd heard the bouncy before but hadn't heard it to the volume of that day and it kept me nice and warm. I was certain the bouncy was going to be partly what caused my death.

As above was in that stand to, at the celtic end, was basically made of scaffold, don't think you would get away with it in these days H&S.

The standards were different then. And there were players all over the park who knew when they were slipping, and more importantly, could do something about it.

Back