Lawrence Cameo

Alfie_WATP

Baffling performance.

Must have given the ball away ever time he got the ball then would throw a boot out to make a silly, pointless foul.

Total lack of effort as well, could see him drop runners for fun and just refuse to sprint or challenge.

Then he fluffed what was a golden chance. His lack of awareness essentially messed up what should have been a simple goal.

People were saying on here that he was, and I quote, “the best player in the league when fit” however I’ve seen nothing other than another in the long line of average footballers who have come up from England with a bad attitude incapable of winning.

Baffling performance.

Must have given the ball away ever time he got the ball then would throw a boot out to make a silly, pointless foul.

Total lack of effort as well, could see him drop runners for fun and just refuse to sprint or challenge.

Then he fluffed what was a golden chance. His lack of awareness essentially messed up what should have been a simple goal.

People were saying on here that he was, and I quote, “the best player in the league when fit” however I’ve seen nothing other than another in the long line of average footballers who have come up from England with a bad attitude incapable of winning.
Been miles off it, another one id show the door

Baffling performance.

Can’t have been every time because he missed a brilliant chance in added time but ye looked to be trying to play in another time that wasn’t available in such a frenetic game .

Great clearance by Gogic but he shouldn’t have been on the pitch to do that even though he played very well overall and could foul with freedom whenever he was caught out

To be fair to him regarding the chance, he did well and the clearance from Gogic was down to a mix of desire and luck. Otherwise yeah he was pretty terrible and one I'd be looking to offload in the summer.
Nah
He looks up, sees Gogic charging back, pauses lets him run into the net (maybe dummies a shot to help him on his way) and he has an open goal to pass into
Total lack of awareness / composure cost a goal that would have had us coasting
Not good enough

The best case scenario is he's come back after a long layoff and had to play more minutes than ideal, his fitness really isn't there yet and with a good pre-season we'll see the player he looked like when we first brought him in. But over the last couple of months he's played like he's aged five years. Could be he's just done after the injury. Right now, on current evidence, I'm not excited about the thought of him being a starter next season.

To be fair to him regarding the chance, he did well and the clearance from Gogic was down to a mix of desire and luck. Otherwise yeah he was pretty terrible and one I'd be looking to offload in the summer.
Our problem again is, would you sign him? Who would want that?

Another English championship level player moving north and providing Scottish championship level performances.

When will the club realise expensive loans don't work, injury prone players don't work, and scouring the English championships for ordinary pros don't work.

Get the transfer policy overhauled please.

A really good player, or was, a great example of the thread yesterday where their players get injured come back early and as if they have never been away.
Lawrence goes from game changing midfielder to towing a caravan.

He's a mid level English Championship/ League One jobber.

Has been unlucky with injuries in his time here but he is way off it. Shouldn't be anywhere near the side unless it's as a substitute for our wide left attacking slot.

Not going to be popular on here but he did a lot more than McCausland in a shorter period of time. At least he is a threat
McCausland was also very poor in his cameo, not sure what he brings, but we are just so weak in these attacking areas that everyone gets a go.

Lawrence - as others have said, he looked good pre injury, now he doesn't. Happy to sell if Championship clubs would pay a decent fee.

Id rather play him left than Silva to be honest, at least he is capable of a shot at goal. What does Silva bring to the table?

McCausland was also very poor in his cameo, not sure what he brings, but we are just so weak in these attacking areas that everyone gets a go.

Lawrence - as others have said, he looked good pre injury, now he doesn't. Happy to sell if Championship clubs would pay a decent fee.
McCausland needs loaned next season. He's not good enough yet for the level we aspire to be at.

Back