Lawrence Marking McGregor?

We set up the same way that we did in the first half at Ibrox. It made us really easy to play through then and it did again yesterday.

Lawrence sat on McGregor both games, their CBs brought the ball out, someone eventually went to the ball and there was always an easy pass.

You’d think we’d have set up in the same way that we did in the second half at Ibrox, but for whatever reason, we persisted with the approach that saw us go in 2-0 down the last time we tried it.
did mcgregor start the game at Ibrox?

We just let their midfield run riot , it was no surprise a midfielder scored it must have been his 4th shot unopposed. Abysmal and pathetic.

Lundstram will sit out Dundee and Hearts and be straight back in for the cup final. We’ll play a 2 man midfield and we won’t have a midfield. If Cantwell doesn’t come in we’ll probably go with Lawrence.

Sterling playing right side to make up for Tavernier defensive weaknesses. %^*& me.

We’d be better sacrificing a wider option and putting both Lawrence and Cantwell in if they have to play like the days of Gerrard.

Raskin doesn’t get a look in yet comes in at Parkhead off the bench. What’s going on there?

Butland
Tavernier Balogun Souttar Ridvan
Sterling Raskin
Diomande
Sima———————————Silva
Dessers

I think that 11 is as good as we can put together

If we haven’t a reliable option for wide right other than Sterling, and it’s either McAusland or Wright, why not retain Sterling there and put Raskin on McGregor.

Instead Clement will more than likely play lundstram and the goggle eyed wee Cnut will pull the strings yet again.

The Manager has to try something different.

He had to keep leaving him to close down ccv or scales, then they had a spare man. They did this repeatedly. Then we were a man down we didn't have the brains to reorganize, and or we weren't prepared to give up the ball in areas of no danger

Needed a Ryan jack type player

This was it, for me. Let CCV or Scales have the ball. Every time Lawrence went to press the cb they played all around us. Sometimes you just have to let them have it and drop back and keep our shape.

I will add, Dessers is terrible at the press. When Lawrence went to press the cb he didn't come around and move onto McGregor.

Individually they were both poor, but it also makes me wonder what the plan was? It looked like it hadn't been worked on when it probably was (or should have been).

A lot of focus goes on the defence but the ease at which they are able to get to our defence passing it around our midfield first 35 minutes yesterday was absolutely embarassing imo.

The majority of the time in the first they were able to get to our defence by just carrying the ball from the half way line to the edge of our area completely unchallenged! Midfield was posted missing.

As for Lawrence, he’s coming across as lazy and uninterested. During such a vital few weeks in the season that’s unforgivable IMO.

The goalscorer wasn’t tracked twice earlier, running in for a shot, before he scored and when he did score, that was 3 different players that didn’t track him, poor tactics.

Need to play a flat 3 in midfield against them - the number 10 doesn’t work and will never work

Doesn’t matter who we play there they will get the run around and look dreadful

Regardless of your opinion on individual players we need to set ourselves up for success and currently the tactics just don’t work

Not on the manager at all for me. The squad is horrendous, ravaged by injury, 1st team players already agreed to leave in the summer and very little options.

If Sterling hadn't started at right wing then we are talking about Maeda running at Tav again and asking why we didn't put Sterling out there to help him.

He’s a good player. But we give him too much time, respect and leave ourselves hamstrung with our options and selection of a midfield.

The amount of people that called it all last week yet sat and watched the manager fail to address the midfield.
We done the same with brown

Whatever we think of McGregor & O’Riley, turncoat, prick etc. there’s no doubting they are two good players who can influence games. Until the manager realizes they’re a threat we need to have a game plan for, they’re going to hurt us in these games.

Back