Lee Hodson at left back

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Any manager who EVER picks Hodson as a left back should be fired immediately!

He is a right sided defender of very limited ability, a player who makes Kirk Broadfoot or Davie McKinnon look like Cafu. But putting him on the left side is utterly ridiculous, he is not left sided and he has never had a decent game in that position.

Never again... please.

Any manager who EVER picks Hodson as a left back should be fired immediately!

He is a right sided defender of very limited ability, a player who makes Kirk Broadfoot or Davie McKinnon look like Cafu. But putting him on the left side is utterly ridiculous, he is not left sided and he has never had a decent game in that position.

Never again... please.

I concur. A trier, but utterly hopeless at left back.
He, Bates & Wilson are hopeless.
We will improve immediately once Wallace is back in & Murty ditches Bates & Wilson for Alves & McCrorie or Cardoso. Tab also had a nightmare today, but at least offers an attacking threat most games. The other 3 should be nowhere near a Rangers back 4.

Hodson wouldn't have looked out of place in the 2nd & 3rd division teams. He makes Ricky Foster look like Cafu.

Truly up there as one of the worst Rangers players I've ever seen.

When he 'makes a run' he doesn't keep his eye on the ball and just sort of shuffles forward. He's constantly pointing and shrugging when he's in/out of possession. He cannot attack, go by his man, or defend. His positioning is awful.

I have no idea what Murty was thinking.

We were all wondering if Declan John would be better further forward.

At least Murty was brave enough to answer the question.

Hodson never looks comfortable but he wasn't our worst player today.

Any sign of Wallace being fit soon? Like before the piggery. If Hodson plays there... dear god.

To be fair he had a couple of decent performances at right back, however that was a long time ago.

He has probably played in more defeats than wins for us, maybe some stato can work that out.

However you rarely get international players who are p!sh and don't look out of place against Germany.

I don't think he is good enough for us but it does him no favours being played at left back especially when he is another who can be no where match fit. A run out every now and again is no good to any player.

A bit like Herrera he is suffering due to bad management and planning and they are made out to look worse than they actually are.

Today it wasn't working it was clear for everyone to see, why not take Candeias off, who was contributing nothing, move John back to left back, Hodson to right back and push Tav who was walking a tightrope after his early booking to right mid ? But no we watch the same movie again from Murty, wait till the game has gone then expect Herrera to come on save the game. It hasn't worked once yet, are we just going on the law of averages it might one day.

We were all wondering if Declan John would be better further forward.

At least Murty was brave enough to answer the question.

Hodson never looks comfortable but he wasn't our worst player today.
He had stiff competition, but I think he still shaded it.

After the Ibrox game v them how could any person who even considers them self to have sniffed a football manager think it was a good idea to play Hodson at Left back. It’s suicide.

I've said it before, but it's a damning indictment of the left backs in our under 20s that he's still seen as a viable option in that position. An awful footballer who wouldn't be starting for any other SPFL team.

More to the point every tactical issue that didn’t work for Pedro Murty replicated it.

Hodson at left back.

4-4-1-1 - outnumbered in midfield

No style of play.

Get this dick out the dugout in the morning. He’s been in for 8 weeks and made us worse than a guy we brought in from Qatar.

He’s not a manager, he’s a fraudulent patsy to a board who have no fucking clue.

Hodson wouldn't have looked out of place in the 2nd & 3rd division teams. He makes Ricky Foster look like Cafu.

When he 'makes a run' he doesn't keep his eye on the ball and just sort of shuffles forward. He's constantly pointing and shrugging when he's in/out of possession. He cannot attack, go by his man, or defend. His positioning is awful.

this sums it it up for me!! Ricky foster is better than him.:(

Im still struggling to take in Fridays news. When i saw Hodgson's name on the teamsheet it just added to the despair. This whole scenario is just so wrong.

BTW OP Davie McKinnon was never that bad.

He's genuinely wretched. It's not hyperbole to state he'd struggle to get a game for Hibs

I think our record with him in the team is awful. It's not a coincidence

Ricky Foster isn't just better than him. Ricky Foster is better than him by a considerable margin. And I didn't think I'd ever see a Rangers full back who was as bad as Ricky Foster.

Picking Hodson, regardless of circumstances, is enough for me to conclude that Murty is not going to cut it. And then to put him in a defence alongside Wilson, Bates and Tav...... It's mind numbing.

Ricky Foster isn't just better than him. Ricky Foster is better than him by a considerable margin. And I didn't think I'd ever see a Rangers full back who was as bad as Ricky Foster.

Picking Hodson, regardless of circumstances, is enough for me to conclude that Murty is not going to cut it. And then to put him in a defence alongside Wilson, Bates and Tav...... It's mind numbing.

Did you type that in a tunnel? Think there’s an echo:)

Could not understand Hodson at LB. The sensible thing to do would be keep DJ at LB at play Pena as a no10 in the Windass role. It gives me the fear thinking about the next two games now.
We are hopeless at home and next Saturday they tramps will be up for it big style while we will show our usual tame attempt to try and get something out the game.

Long few months ahead and it will only end in more confusion and turmoil.

Typical lazy Warburton signing.... he struggles badly at right back... so how anyone thinks he can “play” left back is beyond me

His pathetic attempt at stopping the cross for their first goal should see that he never pulls on a Rangers jersey again, ever.

Thats the thing there was no attempt to stop the cross.
He was a yard away from the forward and just ran along side the killie player.
When the goal went in Bates and Wilson raised their arms in disgust.
It shows you how thin on the ground our pool of players really is,he was awful yesterday.

Correct no better than the likes of Chris Heggerty.

It’s the same old mistakes time and time again, players out of position and not having a clue what is expected of them. The team selection yesterday was a joke.
Bates is crap made worse with no protection from the midfield.
Wilson looked scared witless of a big fat centre forward who Is slower than a week in the jail.
THis centre half pairing managed to do the Impossible yesterday, make Boyd look a good player.
Hodson is a pub player and a poor one at that.
Tavenier can’t defend.
If you look back to the hibs game we didn’t stop a cross coming in all night, nothing has been rectified since then. What’s do we do at training?

The midfield managed to make Mulumbu look like Pele.
Young Mccrorie is a centre halfback , pushed into a holding role in midfield he did well. A RIGht sided midfielder in a 4-4-2 he is not.
John Isn’t a midfielder
WE were outplayed in midfielder

WIndass will not make it, his first touch is brutal. Play him wide or not at all.

WE NEED A MANAGER, NOT A KIDS COACH

He has had too many chances, made the point before that after he bottled at Ibrox against that mob he was finished. He has caused goals in every game he has played.

Murty took the view of he is a dependable model pro - no he simply is not, he is below average at best. The manager is culpable for this selection - we just dont have the time or patience for his experiments.

His pathetic attempt at stopping the cross for their first goal should see that he never pulls on a Rangers jersey again, ever.
Thats the thing there was no attempt to stop the cross.
He was a yard away from the forward and just ran along side the killie player.
When the goal went in Bates and Wilson raised their arms in disgust.
It shows you how thin on the ground our pool of players really is,he was awful yesterday.

Incomprehensible. What on earth was he doing? The only reasonable explanation is that he wanted them to score.

my problem with left back is,you are a 18-20 year old goes to training every day works your arse of, then come the next game you are sitting in the stand watching this guy.you must be asking yourself what the %^*& does the manager think about me

Thankfully yesterday they tended to play down their left via Jones and due to Tavs early booking , had they played more down the other side it could have been scary.

If he's a left back for the game against the yahoos they'll take him to the cleaners! He's no good in his natural position so %^*& knows why they think he can do it on the other side is beyond me.

Hodson in his natural position isn't that good so why Murty would think he could play out of position is beyond me. The writing was on the wall when we were being pummelled by Killie of all teams FFS and yet Murty couldn't see the obvious.

Wallace is finished.
On what basis is 30 year old Wallace finished? He has been disappointing for a year or so but he has also shown in his 7 1/2 year Rangers career prolonged periods when he has been pretty good. He would be pretty low on my list of problems with that Rangers squad. In a decent team I think Wallace will prove to be just fine.

I could not believe it when I saw him at left back yesterday. After the Hamilton defeat at Ibrox my thought was that at least we would not see Hodson at left back again. For any football manager, let alone Murty, to make the same misjudgement a few weeks later is unpardonable.

I could not believe it when I saw him at left back yesterday. After the Hamilton defeat at Ibrox my thought was that at least we would not see Hodson at left back again. For any football manager, let alone Murty, to make the same misjudgement a few weeks later is unpardonable.
This comment is spot on.

Back