Lee Hodson talks about the future

Theres having an opinion about 1 of OUR players and theres just being an arse towards 1 of our players!
Could you not just wish him well for the future rather than lie that he's been our worst ever player.
One of our worst was my opinion where he goes after us is no concern to me but all the best to him if it helps

First off, I wish the guy no harm. He wasn't and never would be good enough but when he signed he was hardly going to say "Oh, I'm not good enough, please sign someone else"
Secondly I am sure he done his best so wherever he goes now I hope it works out.
Thirdly, I read some threads in here and I think that a lot of people know nothing about football.

All the best Lee as long as it not sheep hivs dundee hivs or goblins.Anywhere else all the best thanks for your efforts.

Hodson was the scapegoat for many, and still is for some. He was not half as bad as his detractors made out, he played badly when the whole team played badly, and he had some decent games. I hope he has some sort of decent future in the game, at whichever level he chooses to play.

Night and day compared to any thing on the park in the Dundee United vs St. Mirren matches.

You can see Hodson has played well in an Old Firm and at international level.

Not good enough for Rangers but he would do well at Kilmarnock. He's better than their right back and no worse defensively than Taylor - he's also every bit as comfortable on the ball and going forward.

He never struggled to get at game at St Mirren untill he got injured against Celtic. His Injury was so bad he was written off for the season. Credit to the lad for putting in extra sessions with the Rangers medical staff and getting back to St Mirren and playing a big part in keeping them up. Good luck Lee I wish we had more players with your attitude and character.

Eh? The Alex Cleland who held his own in a Rangers team choc full of bona fide legends?

Cleland was an excellent right back for us. Hugely underrated if you ask me.
Cleland was far removed from being “excellent.”
One of those players who played far more games for Rangers than their talents deserved.
A cut above Maurice Ross, but that is faint praise.

Is there a genuine argument in this thread for keeping this guy? I sincerely hope its a joke. I wish him all the best but please let him go.
Nope. Certainly not from me or MearnsUnionist mate, I think we're both just fed up with people running out the same shitey old cliches. Now this is either down to a) folk trying to come across as clever and failing miserably or b) People who don't actually go to Ibrox or watch us forming opinions based on what people around them say.

As I said earlier in the thread, Hodson was never going to be good enough for us over the piece but he gave his all and was a decent enough defender to play in the odd game. He's not a St Mirren level player, mid table would be perfect for him imo. Somehow though when you say that people either take offence and can't wait to tell you how he'd struggle to get a game for threave rovers, or assume that you want him back. I'm actually only stating my opinion that he's not as bad as made out (IMO) and that we seem to love labelling our players, they're either sugar or shite. Sometimes there's a middle ground.

Night and day compared to any thing on the park in the Dundee United vs St. Mirren matches.

You can see Hodson has played well in an Old Firm and at international level.

Not good enough for Rangers but he would do well at Kilmarnock. He's better than their right back and no worse defensively than Taylor - he's also every bit as comfortable on the ball and going forward.

The two current Kilmarnock full backs are much better than Hodson IMO.

Back