Lee Wallace on Saturday

Better chance of Charles Green being asked back. Something stank to the high heavens with the clubs treatment of Wallace, and Miller for that matter, and goes with a long list of mistakes the board have made during their tenure.

They got the most important one right with sticking by Gerrard though and right now thats all that matters.

Never really understood this line of thinking.

Wallace is a player I liked and I appreciate him sticking around during the lean years. However he was very well paid to do so and frankly had absolutely nothing to do with the achievements of the team this season.

Saturday should be a celebration of the squad and management team who actually won us the title in my opinion.

There's a few players who deserve mentions, mostly those who played recently and missed this season.. Haliday, Flannigan, Wallace to name a few

Don't really care much about Lee Wallace these days tbh. Yes he stuck by us in the lower leagues, but I never particularly rated him as a player, and where else would he have gone? Doubt he would've got anywhere near the EPL. Had a few good seasons in the lower leagues, but never had a particularly great season in the top flight for us. English Championship always struck me as his ceiling in terms of ability.

Wish him all the best but don't really get the clamour to involve average players like Waldo & Halliday in this season's title win. We've moved on from those players for a reason.

Given how an important player Lee was for us during our turbulent years.
Plus QPR’s season is over.
I’d love to see Lee invited as a very special guest on Saturday.
He was a major part in getting us back to where we are.
He deserves that credit.
As much as the idea of inviting folk along is nice I suspect we will not be allowed anyone other than normal in the Stadium on Saturday. I’m not even sure the players and staffs families will be there. And nor will we.:(

I met Wallace the day Gerrard gave him his farewell cameo. I was left under no illusions around his allegiance.

That’ll do for me.

I’d love love love for him McCoist and McCulloch to have some sort of ‘guests of honour’ role to play.

A true servant.
Maybe you should realise that Saturday is about now, not the past. Sure it won't be forgotten but a club moves on year on year, however if there should be anyone presenting the trophy out with anyone involved at this moment in time then maybe in honouring the memory of Sandy Jardine have his widow Shona presenting the trophy.

Saturday is about the team that won the trophy this year. It’s their moment.

Hopefully along with the 150 years celebrations we can bring back those that have made significant contributions past and present and let them have their moment at half time or whatever.

Never really understood this line of thinking.

Wallace is a player I liked and I appreciate him sticking around during the lean years. However he was very well paid to do so and frankly had absolutely nothing to do with the achievements of the team this season.

Saturday should be a celebration of the squad and management team who actually won us the title in my opinion.
He got paid for 18 months doing nothing as well yeah he stayed which he will always be thanked for but he genuinely has nothing to do with this season or the last 3 years that's made us champions.

The only people that deserve to celebrate this trophy are the ones that will be there to do so on Saturday.

He deserves that credit.
I was thinking Gerrard should ask Hearts permission to have Andy Halliday there also.

It's about this team and the coaching staff building on three years of hard work. They received the criticism when it was difficult and they deserve all the plaudits.

I'm not sure I'd be recognising players that failed in getting promotion from the Championship and lost a Ramsden Cup Final. Not on this day, anyway.

Not for me. And that's not a slight on Wallace.

Only the players that won this title should be involved in the celebrations.

100%

Wallace (like McCulloch, Neil Alexander, Templeton) stayed with us from the top to the bottom. Although let’s not pretend they weren’t handsomely rewarded for it. Fair play that’s their career and the rightfully got every penny that their contracts merited.

Also similarly to Kiernan, Law, Shiels, Holt.... they ticked a box and done a job at a particular time.

This title win is all about this group of players.

There's plenty of time to reflect and thank past players. Saturday is about this squad and what they've achieved.

The journey was getting us back to the top flight, all the credit is with Gerrard and the players over the past 3 years and specifically this seasons boys, it is them and them alone I'll be celebrating with on Saturday

He deserves that credit.
I've had this in my head since the thought of title/trophy day became a reality. Lee took one literally for the team & support. A highly gifted prospect who imo sacrificed his career for us. He will be warmly remembered by me.

I say bring the whole shebang back for shits & giggles, Miller, Boydy, even the nut jobs like Moshni & Pena just to crank the madness up :))

I've had this in my head since the thought of title/trophy day became a reality. Lee took one literally for the team & support. A highly gifted prospect who imo sacrificed his career for us. He will be warmly remembered by me.

I say bring the whole shebang back for shits & giggles, Miller, Boydy, even the nut jobs like Moshni & Pena just to crank the madness up :))
You forgot Black and Sandaza :eek:

For people wondering why bring nostalgia and acknowledgment into the trophy day celebrations, I personally just feel it marks the end of a journey; closure on a era that many built us up by, step by step.

I appreciate people saying it is solely the teams achievement, and it is; but acknowledgment isn't that hard and would be a graceful way to get it up all the haters.

Nobody else won the league bar this squad and management.
There are likely office/ grounds people/ cleaners etc that are more deserving than a lot of the players we have had over the past 10 years.

100%

Wallace (like McCulloch, Neil Alexander, Templeton) stayed with us from the top to the bottom. Although let’s not pretend they weren’t handsomely rewarded for it. Fair play that’s their career and the rightfully got every penny that their contracts merited.

Also similarly to Kiernan, Law, Shiels, Holt.... they ticked a box and done a job at a particular time.

This title win is all about this group of players.
Templeton????

Back