Left wingers

Middleton is going on loan. Hastie will hopefully go on loan as well (strange signing for me). That would leave Jones, Murphy and Barker who primarily play left wing. Add Kent into the mix who would likely play more than the others then we are too top heavy for wingers especially on the left side. The Barker signing rules out Kent for me given the sheer volume of players we have for that position.

Is Barker really coming? If so that'll do it. I remember a couple of seasons ago in the 5-5 game he absolutely smoked Tav.

Middleton, Hastie, Jones, Murphy, and now Barker plus Stewart can play out there too. Think of all the wages wasted and our left side is still weak. I'm not sure I'd trust any of them away in Europe or at the piggery.
Totally agree. All ok v Livingston, not v the bheasts.

Middleton is off to hibs on loan
Murphy still not fully fit
Stewart CAN play there - by was signed to play somewhere else

Barker is a low risk signing on probably not a lot of money - don’t understand what’s wrong with this?

Middleton (loaned out), Hastie (loaned out), Jones, Murphy, and now Barker plus Stewart (will not play LW for us except in an emergency).

So 3 players that would be expected to play LW.

All the money pumped into that would surely have amounted to a decent fee + wages for the man we all wanted - I mean taking the wages into account over 3-4 years.

The slightly concerning thing is we have about 6 left wingers (including Barker) and absolutely none of them are good enough to be mainstays in a title winning team.

Theres still time to get the quality we want, think we are waiting to see the Ryan kent situation and the english window closing but after that i think we will bring someone else in as we are defo missing wee bit of quality in final third everywhere else im happy with

Middleton, Hastie, Jones, Murphy, and now Barker plus Stewart can play out there too. Think of all the wages wasted and our left side is still weak. I'm not sure I'd trust any of them away in Europe or at the piggery.
As a poster mentioned on another thread BB can play and has played as a wing back. Maybe seen as another option to Barisic.

Loaning out Middleton and Hastie to sign Barker is really laughable.

Might as well loan him out too.

Middleton is off to hibs on loan
Murphy still not fully fit
Stewart CAN play there - by was signed to play somewhere else

Barker is a low risk signing on probably not a lot of money - don’t understand what’s wrong with this?
I think it'll be alright he'll be playing alongside better players than he was with hibs and I don't understand why it rules out Kent who can play either side.

I've noticed on FF at the moment that there seems to be a grading system that determines whether you're either A: Sh**e, or B: World beater, with nothing else in between. In reality these players all offer something different. Middleton (going on loan) for example has great finishing but lacks dribbling ability, skill and will only take a man on his left side, hugging the touchline. Far too basic for that role in my opinion. Barker on the other hand would likely become the fastest player at the club, usually beats his man on either side, has skill, can dribble and provides an end product. Murphy was good for us until injury but still not ready. Jones, early days. Stewart not signed to play on the left.

FFS Jamie Murphy written off because he is coming back for an injury? He was playing regularly in a team that got promoted to the EPL, he played in the EPL for Brighton. He has a very good pedigree and was playing very well for us before his injury. Why would he not return to that level?

Mad to write him off so glibly.

Hastie and Middleton won't be here come the end of the window, Murphys coming back from a serious injury and is more of a wide attacker than a winger. Stewart is better on the right than left so that leaves 2 of your list.

we've 3 weeks left to sort it, but so far, the quality of the SQUAD may have improved, the first 11 has not.

What absolute pish. We are stronger at CH and in midfield. Two key positions that cost us last year. We also have more creativity in the form of Aribo, something we lacked last year.

At least be honest in your assessment.

FFS Jamie Murphy written off because he is coming back for an injury? He was playing regularly in a team that got promoted to the EPL, he played in the EPL for Brighton. He has a very good pedigree and was playing very well for us before his injury. Why would he not return to that level?

Mad to write him off so glibly.
be mad to write him off but wouldn't be smart to rely on someone recovering from an acl injury

What absolute pish. We are stronger at CH and in midfield. Two key positions that cost us last year. We also have more creativity in the form of Aribo, something we lacked last year.

At least be honest in your assessment.

I'm being honest, the first 11 has decreased in quality.

Loaning out Middleton and Hastie to sign Barker is really laughable.

Might as well loan him out too.
To be fair Barker's three years older than Hastie and Middleton. I reckon at that age those three years of experience can make a real difference, even if that's only apparent to the coaches.

Back