Legia Warsaw at corners and shots at goal

Gazza no8

Official Ticketer
Watching highlights of their league and European games yesterday and going by their corner kick routines , we need the old tactic of having men on the post.

Legia has scored 3-4 goals this season already from corners where they hit the first meter of the 6 yard box looking fir a player to glance the ball goal bound. If these teams had men on the post then because of the pace of the header.

It has to be something SGs background team has picked up as it’s been a very successful tactic. Hopefully we stick someone on the edge of the 6 yard box to combat this.

We also need to be very vigilant around our box as Legia shoot on sight. They are a very direct team that way with shooting and getting the ball into the box although I think with the pace in our team we can really hurt them as they over commit in attack at times. Their keeper looks a good shot stopper but they look vulnerable when defending crosses.

Against the Greeks the Central defence couldn’t handle the physicality of their big striker. Morelos is far better and will cause them so much bother.

Over in Poland going by what I’ve seen, we will be a huge step up to what they have played this season. Infact if Midjityland were playing them tonight I’d expect them to go away and probably get a scoring draw. We are better than them as proved so hopefully we go away tonight show we are the better team and come away with a hard fought win.... been thinking 2-1 Rangers all week

Google polish league standings and then select matches and you can watch some highlights of their league games. YouTube has longer highlights too and their European games

We’ll have picked that up. We have a coach who has set plays, offensive and defensive, in his remit.

A couple of guys in work talking this morning about it. One of them a Rangers fan, the other a Pole.
The Pole reckons we will run away with it.
The Rangers fan thinks we will lose 2-1

I reckon score draw personally

Going to be tight I think if we lose 2 v 1 then so be it would take that. Just hope if we do lose the meltdown on here is rational won't hold my breath though.

I think they are on a par with Midjityland, even at this stage the Danes May be better , the dangermen is the number 10 Gvillia , Cafu has an engine getting up and down the left and hoping Carlitos is benched as he is a good goalscorer, tricky but out of favour

We have the pace to hit them hard tonight. We need to show the confidence of being the better team here

We cant afford to switch off like we did in our last match away and give away two quick goals.

Hopefully our defence is solid for the ninety minutes, allow them nothing and any goal for us a bonus.

Back