Match Thread Legia Warsaw v Rangers - 19:00 Thursday - RangersTV.tv Worldwide

I remember the feeling when we qualified last year, I watched the game in my car on my phone and cried at full time. It was massive for us. Feeling more pressure this time, definitely, and in truth it was amazing to have the games under the lights and I don't want us to miss out. We need Europe to get us back where we belong.

19 min til work is done, then home, beer, food, away top on, RTV and then, maybe then, I'll feel confident. Maybe.
Can taste the beer already!

My Blue tinted specs are telling me we turn them over 2-0 but reality is that’s a big ask.
Give 100% effort and concentration and I’ll be happy. We can’t afford to switch off in this tie like we have done most games.

Would bite yir hand off for a score draw.

Even a 2-1 or 3-2 defeat would not be the worst.

We are confident though and playing well so heres hoping we are in a good position for the return tie next week.

As long as we're in it going into the 2nd leg at home, an away goal would be lovely. Anything more than that is a huge bonus.

We'll have to suffer a bit tonight. I just hope we can break this seasons habit of conceding when we aren't in control of the game and have a bit of pressure.
We do that then I can see us winning.
Having said all that I'd take 2-2 or even a 3-2 loss.

On my way back from Crete at 9
So will have to rely on FF to keep me informed..
2-1 to the famous.
Great end to my holiday

My heart is saying 3-1 Gers tonight but my head keeps coming up with a score draw which I'd happily take at this moment.We're well set up to play European football,more so than the dross we play in every week in the SPFL or whatever it's called.Avoiding defeat tonight really is the key and I think we can do that.

Right, got to 4.30pm and couldn’t wait any longer: two beers in and raring to go!

Decent efforts from Croatian brewery The Garden, BTW – maybe a sign that Katić will score a double?...

This could be a really tough match tonight, with long period where the game is on a knife edge. We're a totally different beast this year though, and I doubt we will panic in that situation, and let our class shine through. It's not just ability improvements, but mentally we are a far superior outfit.

I would take any positive result out of tonight. Score draw, cheeky win. Let's get them back to our cauldron and smash them out of Europe.

I think you’ll see Jones as the Candeias.

Tough, shite defensive duty, away from home against good teams - that’ll be his role.

Ojo will be the man for the home games.

Didn't the Helander poster call the team early on a previous occasion...?

A big call from SG, if correct. He must be confident in the player.

If Helander is playing, we must be very confident that Novikovas is fit.

Other way round surely. IF Novikovas is fit its probably best Flanagan plays because Novikovas turns inside. With vesovic right wing theyll go for 2v1s against the left back on flanagans left side.

Other way round surely. IF Novikovas is fit its probably best Flanagan plays because Novikovas turns inside. With vesovic right wing theyll go for 2v1s against the left back on flanagans left side.
Their backup RB isn’t very advanced. I doubt Helander would have the pace to deal with Vesovic 1v1.

However if Novikovas is playing, we may be using Helander on the basis that his positioning will be much better, eliminating the potential overlap from Vesovic. We then force Novikovas inside to take shots from 25 - 30 yards out.

Their backup RB isn’t very advanced. I doubt Helander would have the pace to deal with Vesovic 1v1.

However if Novikovas is playing, we may be using Helander on the basis that his positioning will be much better, eliminating the potential overlap from Vesovic. We then force Novikovas inside to take shots from 25 - 30 yards out.

Makes sense i suppose mate. Forgot that they normally play Vesovic RB when Novikovas plays, and Stolarski comes in when Vesovic goes RW

I wouldn’t necessarily be too worried about tweaking the line up a little bit - although flann is reasonably dependable in Europe

Strong team! And no Helander at left back

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Ojo
Arfield
Morelos