Lennon v AngieBaller - 14 game stats

If memory serves me right they had only dropped points to killie away so that sounds about right.
Yes. Before they played us in October they had played 9, won 8 and drew 1.
Plus, that draw was Killie away which is hardly a big deal.

Just that after losing to us they drew with Aberdeen and then again with Hibs and then Ross County put them out of the cup and they went mental!

Of course, the fact that we were winning game after game probably didn't help too much.

Last season it took them until matchday 14 until they had dropped 11 points.
This season 11 points are gone and it's only matchday 7.

For us after 8 games we had dropped 4 points.
So if we can beat Hibs at Ibrox on Sunday, which I expect us to do, we are only 1 point worse off than last season at the same stage.

Even if they beat Aberdeen away (which I expect they will) next week they are already 9 points worse off than last season.

The writing is on the wall for them and it's only going to get worse from here.
Yesterday was a big pressure game for them and now they will have that pressure every week.

He was the wrong appointment in the first place but they have made it even worse by not letting him bring in the players he wanted to fit the system. Instead they have shoehorned dross like McCarthy, Starfelt etc

They will be facing the same rebuild again when he leaves
Sod players he’s not even got a bloody admin assistant of his own! How would any other manager take a job at a big club and be told yeah you are working with the current coaches you can’t bring in you own - what’s that the one that’s even said he wants the job full time - yup him too. Mental - 1st big job in Europe and he’s completely on his own!

Will Kennedy revolt on the bus trip from Aberdeen like Lennon did to Mowbray.

It’s all delicious for us and hope we get our own form back on track soon!

Yes. Before they played us in October they had played 9, won 8 and drew 1.
Plus, that draw was Killie away which is hardly a big deal.

Just that after losing to us they drew with Aberdeen and then again with Hibs and then Ross County put them out of the cup and they went mental!

Of course, the fact that we were winning game after game probably didn't help too much.

Last season it took them until matchday 14 until they had dropped 11 points.
This season 11 points are gone and it's only matchday 7.

For us after 8 games we had dropped 4 points.
So if we can beat Hibs at Ibrox on Sunday, which I expect us to do, we are only 1 point worse off than last season at the same stage.

Even if they beat Aberdeen away (which I expect they will) next week they are already 9 points worse off than last season.

The writing is on the wall for them and it's only going to get worse from here.
Yesterday was a big pressure game for them and now they will have that pressure every week.
And those Aberdeen and Hibs game you mention, a few of us where on here before those games confidently predicting dropped points. Whilst the doom and gloom merchants were telling us to be realistic and it was guaranteed wins. ;)

Food for thought for the season ahead for some.

Need to be able to rationality analyse what is going on over there.

For the record, I expect a win v Aberdeen, but I did say before DU there was a good chance of dropped points.

Sod players he’s not even got a bloody admin assistant of his own! How would any other manager take a job at a big club and be told yeah you are working with the current coaches you can’t bring in you own - what’s that the one that’s even said he wants the job full time - yup him too. Mental - 1st big job in Europe and he’s completely on his own!

Will Kennedy revolt on the bus trip from Aberdeen like Lennon did to Mowbray.

It’s all delicious for us and hope we get our own form back on track soon!

Angie tells gavin what he wants from him, gavin tells daddy. Daddy tells the board with a forked tongue and the board tells angela that he must do so and so.

Its fckin brilliant. The Strachan's are in control. The laptop lives!

And those Aberdeen and Hibs game you mention, a few of us where on here before those games confidently predicting dropped points. Whilst the doom and gloom merchants were telling us to be realistic and it was guaranteed wins. ;)

Food for thought for the season ahead for some.

Need to be able to rationality analyse what is going on over there.

For the record, I expect a win v Aberdeen, but I did say before DU there was a good chance of dropped points.

For me, I always predict a win for them. Even last season they won 22 games in the SPL.

Away games are always the "banana skin" and even last season we dropped points in 31% of our away matches.

The problem is predicting when exactly dropped points will occur.
I would guess this season that we will have dropped somewhere between 19 and 24 points when it's all over. So we'll have a good few days of moaning on FF before lifting the title in May.

As I've said all along and received pelters for it but it's 100% true.

Lennon leading them into the 10iar was their best / safest option for a chance at winning the title

He might be shite but he knows the scottish league like the back of his mind, and has the knowledge to be capable of beating any team on any given day. The fact Rangers went on and stomped the league is just a "These things happen" moment.

New(to the league) managers tend to need time adjusting to the scottish league. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't, sometimes they need time (which you dont really get at the old firm). Put it this way - if you had a poll "Which manager should we sign to stop 10iar" with Walter Smith, Klopp or Pep Guardiola, Walter would win by a landslide despite being a "worse" manager - and it purely comes down to the fact he knows the SPL inside and outside and knows how to win it.

Anyone coming to manage the SPL for the first time will be took by surprise and will be 50/50 on wether it works out, no matter if you're Pep, Klopp or Eddie howe. It's a completely different game up here even more so at the old firm where you literally can't afford to drop points and there is no way to know wether its going to work out or not until they're in the job. Some people, like Gerrard, need time to prove their worth, maybe Postaglue will be one of these people, but signing him was always a risk and he's probably not going to get the time to see if he can turn it around. If Gerrard took over today he wouldn't be given time either and would probably be sacked in his first term (if it went a similar way) to be honest.

Gerrard hit a stroke of luck and we hit a stroke of luck with Gerrard. Things like that don't happen every year.

And that's why, IMO, we will romp to the title for several years now and will probably hit 4, 5 or 6 in a row before they start competing properly again. They have a huge rebuilding job and nobody to do it, and nobody they'll give time to do it. And on top of that they still think we're shite and underestimate us.

If they get any worse I’ll have to visit my old high school to remove some graffiti I put there in the 90s lest the record finds it

As I've said all along and received pelters for it but it's 100% true.

Lennon leading them into the 10iar was their best / safest option for a chance at winning the title

He might be shite but he knows the scottish league like the back of his mind, and has the knowledge to be capable of beating any team on any given day. The fact Rangers went on and stomped the league is just a "These things happen" moment.

New(to the league) managers tend to need time adjusting to the scottish league. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't, sometimes they need time (which you dont really get at the old firm). Put it this way - if you had a poll "Which manager should we sign to stop 10iar" with Walter Smith, Klopp or Pep Guardiola, Walter would win by a landslide despite being a "worse" manager - and it purely comes down to the fact he knows the SPL inside and outside and knows how to win it.

Anyone coming to manage the SPL for the first time will be took by surprise and will be 50/50 on wether it works out, no matter if you're Pep, Klopp or Eddie howe. It's a completely different game up here even more so at the old firm where you literally can't afford to drop points and there is no way to know wether its going to work out or not until they're in the job. Some people, like Gerrard, need time to prove their worth, maybe Postaglue will be one of these people, but signing him was always a risk and he's probably not going to get the time to see if he can turn it around. If Gerrard took over today he wouldn't be given time either and would probably be sacked in his first term (if it went a similar way) to be honest.

Gerrard hit a stroke of luck and we hit a stroke of luck with Gerrard. Things like that don't happen every year.

And that's why, IMO, we will romp to the title for several years now and will probably hit 4, 5 or 6 in a row before they start competing properly again. They have a huge rebuilding job and nobody to do it, and nobody they'll give time to do it. And on top of that they still think we're shite and underestimate us.
The Scottish league definitely takes time to learn which we have seen with Gerrard, he had to make a number of mistakes in away games like Tynecastle before he and the players learned what was needed to win there.

The difference is lennon inherited a very dominant side full of players that knew how to win already. All he needed to do was maintain standards with the training and coaching and keep the players motivated. He may have won trophies before it all collapsed but his second spell was an absolute disaster.

He not only managed to completely blow the advantage they had over us with existing players and blow the budget buying complete duds, he left them with the biggest rebuild in at least 2 decades

When the minks were winning, the Scottish opposition didn’t believe they could beat them and saved their energy for us and others. But we’ve flipped that mental switch and now teams are going for it and stripping points off them left, right and centre. Postmyglue is doing a fine job imho.

This is what I don't get about Ange saying something along the lines of "you like to call it after 7 games"

He's been in charge of 16 "competitive" games and 5 friendlies.

His record as of right now in competitive games is:

Won - 8
Drew - 2
Lost - 6
He was correctly and obviously talking about league matches.

I expect most of you expect to win fortunes as we cannot be stopped and you have invested thousands on us with the bookies.

I expect most of you expect to win fortunes as we cannot be stopped and you have invested thousands on us with the bookies.
Aye, because people make fortunes at the bookies backing the odds on favourites. Your posts always have a weird tone.

Sniff sniff. Did you mean to login to KDS and got lost?

Back