Leon King - 15yo in Scotland U17s

Who's your tip for stardom from current full timers

Rangers Development Squad
  • Aidan McAdams – Goalkeeper – (2020)
  • Kieran Wright – Goalkeeper – (2020)
  • Nicky Hogarth – Goalkeeper (2020)
  • Brian Kinnear – Goalkeeper – (2020)

• Jordan Houston – Right Back – (2020)
  • Nathan Patterson – Right Back – (2020)
  • Lewis Mayo – Centre Back – (2021)
  • Rhys Breen – Centre Back – (2020)
  • Kyle McClelland – Centre Back – (2020)
  • Danny Finlayson – Centre Back – (2021)
  • Aidan Wilson – Centre Back – (2020)
  • Matthew Shiels – Left Back – (2021)
  • James Maxwell – Left Back – (2021)
  • Zac Butterworth – Full Back & Winger – (2021)
  • Jamie Barjonas – Central Midfield – (2021)
  • Cammy Palmer – Central Midfield – (2021)
  • Stephen Kelly – Central Midfield – (2021)
  • Jack Thomson – Central Midfield – (2020)
  • Ciaran Dickson – Central Midfield – (2020)
  • Ben Williamson – Central Midfield – (2020)
  • John Balde – Central Midfield – (2020)
  • Kai Kennedy – Central Midfield & Winger (2021)
  • Serge Atakayi – Winger – (2020)
  • Kieran McKechnie – Winger – (2020)
  • Josh McPake – Winger & Striker (2022)
  • Dapo Mebude – Striker – (2021)
  • Zak Rudden – Striker – (2021)

Rangers under 18 squad

• Jay Hogarth – Goalkeeper
  • Lewis Budinauckas – Goalkeeper

• Adam Devine – Right Back & Centre Back
  • Matthew Henderson – Left Back
  • Ryan Muir – Right Back & Left Back
  • Leon King – Centre Back & Central Midfield
  • Lewis MacKinnon – Centre Back
  • Harris O’Connor – Centre Back & Right Back
  • Robbie Fraser – Central Midfield & Left Back
  • Cole McKinnon – Central Midfield
  • Murray Miller – Central Midfield
  • Julian Anderson – Central Midfield
  • Krystof Hampl – Central Midfield
  • Alex Lowry – Central Midfield & Winger
  • Arron Lyall – Winger
  • Ross McCausland – Winger
  • Kane Ritchie-Hosler – Winger
  • Matty Yates – Striker & Winger
  • Nathan Young-Coombes – Striker
  • Chris McKee – Striker
An abundance of talent in that list. Very refreshing to see. Hopefully we will see some of these boys at the end of the season, once 55 is secured of course ;).

Some kids are much better and a level above the kids they play with ,they can be a “cert” all day long however when they make that move into the senior team the gap they had over their peers in youth teams closes considerably and it’s a much more level playing field ,that’s when the extra things like character and discipline can be the difference and not necessarily the skills .

Guess what: every title we try to win is our most important title. That's just the way it is.

And also: good youngsters are a help, not a hindrance.

The likes of our fourth-choice CB (Edmundson), fifth and sixth-choice CM (Docherty / King), fifth choice winger (Barker) - there is no reason that these roles could not be filled by young players.
Nah I disagree, this season feels more important than any other in my life to be honest. 55 will go down as our most historic title.

I get what you're saying, but all it takes is an injury and a suspension then you could be going to a tough away fixture with an 18 year old at centre back, I don't doubt that our young players will be great one day but I'd rather not risk it and actually have a solid proven older player to rely on in those circumstances who can cope with the physicality of it also, especially this season of all seasons IMO.

Nah I disagree, this season feels more important than any other in my life to be honest. 55 will go down as our most historic title.

I get what you're saying, but all it takes is an injury and a suspension then you could be going to a tough away fixture with an 18 year old at centre back, I don't doubt that our young players will be great one day but I'd rather not risk it and actually have a solid proven older player to rely on in those circumstances who can cope with the physicality of it also, especially this season of all seasons IMO.
I think we need to stop trying to define ourselves by the possibility of Celtic winning ten in a row, and focus on doing what is best for our Club regardless of what happens in the short term. If Celtic do win ten in a row, it will have a big, enormous asterisk beside it.

If we focus on doing the right thing, we will get the right result and will win the league. Trust the process.

Back