Leon King

Thought he looked really good myself. Quick, strong and could pick out a pass.
With the 5 subs in place until the end of the season hopefully we see a good bit more of him and Lowry.

It may have been the level of opposition and those who have seen more maybe able to confirm or deny - but he also looked very quick over the ground?

Certainly looked very good and assured last night - granted it was Stirling Albion but others didn’t look good against Stirling Albion …

What really impressed me was the team trusted him to be left 1 on 1 with their lone striker for much of the second half. Says a lot of they have that confidence in him

Well, that’s put a dampener on that positivity!
Unless you reckon he’s going to be snapped up and bring us Patterson style riches.
Tell us why you feel this way.
Patterson style riches would be my guess mate, not saying thats what I hope will happen or anything as he could be a great defender for us, but at 18/19 are we going to be playing him at centre half? I very much doubt it, will he stick around to sit on the bench on the first team until another club comes in for him, yes i could see that happening.

It was good to see him getting game time, but he had absolutely no defending to do. Received the ball and distributed it well but that kind of appearance is more about acclimatisation and tells us nothing about how he will defend against decent full-time teams.

I'm always nervous for young guys who get there chance just too many on here who are ready to make judgements on a misplaced pass or any kind of mistake. Delighted for King and Lowry last night but I won't be making any rash judgements positive or negative until they have played a number of games.

Lad’s just turned18 so time yet, but from what I’ve seen he could easily be given “minutes” (as the coaches say) at first team level to bring him on.
Think as with all maturing youngsters we need to be careful with matching games to physical development to avoid the Alan McLaren scenario.

Back