Let’s raise the roof tomorrow night

We’re not Yahoos. We shouldn’t seek a postponement and Walter would not have expected us to do so.
That’s my thoughts on the matter, let’s channel all our energy into the performance. It is what Walter would have wanted

Last edited:
Its sad that one of the first things I thought was that if the games still on, I really hope Aberdeen wont stoop so low as to interrupt the minute silence.

I have thought the same, sadly.

The best thing WE can do is not rise to it, and honour the Gaffer with a silence and the three points.

He'd have wanted us to pump them and I think Gerrard will drum that into the players.

I would like us to play but I think we might ask for a Postponement. He is still was still so close to many in the club and many will be affected by his passing. I think Gerrard got close to him over the years as well.

You'd think Walter Smith commands enough respect across Scottish football that nobody would, surely??

You would hope not but they disrupted the silence for George Young, one of the nicest men to ever play football and a man with not an enemy, not even in the Celtic support. Nothing would surprise me with people who "celebrate" the deaths of 66 football supporters who went to watch a match.

I'm a bit split on the game going ahead. It's the Rangers way to play on in adversity but being just over a day after he passed it seems too raw. I think Walter would want us to carry on but I think many at the club will want it put off. Either way I'll support the decision. What a terrible day.

There would be more respect from the Celtic support, that shows you how truly vile the Aberdeen support is. I sincerely hope none of them have to watch their father, grandfather, uncle, friend or spouse die slowly of this horrible disease, I somehow think they would take exception to a subhuman piece of shit mocking the situation then.

Walter was old school, you stood up in adversity and defeated it. I’m sure he would want the game to go ahead. It will be hard but it should be our tribute to him.

I think we may ask for a postponement out of respect to his family first of all. And the stadium will be turned into a shrine and rightly so.

The sheep could also cause riots if they ruin the minute silence.
I don't think this is the correct way to behave.
I don't think this would be the Walter Smith way.
Fill the stadium and make it a tribute to Walter in our respect for the game that Walter loved.
The Aberdeen supporters will be fine, Walter was also a fine Scotland manager.

The game will go ahead.

I do fear there will be trouble if those scum bags pull anything during the silence though.

It would be like someone making fun of your dad/grandad passing away.

It will be an emotional night.

I just hope the players get the win for Walter.

Best tribute we can give the great man is to go out and get the 3 points tomorrow

It’ll be an emotional night for everyone but got to wonder how Davis/McGregor will be feeling. I’d be inclined to have both on the bench

I don't think even the scummiest sheep would be brave enough to break a minute's silence for Walter. They wouldn't get out of Ibrox alive

Smith was a towering figure in Scottish football, mainly for Rangers but not solely. Even the tims had a respect for him
You obviously haven’t seen their forum this morning

The game should 100% go ahead.....Perfect quick opportunity for us all to stand together in a show of respect, reflection and celebration of the great man.

Given the sheep almost certainly will disrepect any tribute and given we are a club in mourning, that disrespect could turn our grief to anger, which could cause a flashpoint. We don't want that. Largely because the opponents are the sheep, the game should be postponed IMO

Have a look on their forum. It's vile, no respect and some horrendous comments.

Read about a dozen posts. In the name of God, what’s wrong with these people?

Never would I dream about going on a forum and spout some of the hatred they are. I can only hope that none of the bears react tomorrow. As we all know who’ll be all the bad ones.

Terrible for me to think this but not long after hearing the sad news, my thoughts turned to the game tomorrow night, the Aberdeen fans and whether they would respect the minutes silence. I doubt it!

I can’t make the game tomorrow so rather selfishly I’m a little sad that I won’t be able to join in the tributes to Walter.

Back