Let the scramble begin

The usual ticket dilemma seems to be more common with everyone trying to categorise why they should be allocated a ticket before other factions.

Well feck it,here’s my tongue firmly in cheek tuppence worth , I think the fact I pay £7 for delivery for each ticket for 3 of us on F&F from semi finals and finals qualifies and entitles us to first dibs because We pay £21 over and above ticket price :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::D:rolleyes:

For all those having a go at rsc’s a fair sized number of season ticket holders would find it very expensive and sometimes impossible to get to Ibrox using public transport.from the far north of Scotland to the borders and across the water it’s rsc’s who are bringing supporters to Ibrox and were long before the season ticket culture took hold

The usual ticket dilemma seems to be more common with everyone trying to categorise why they should be allocated a ticket before other factions.

Well feck it,here’s my tongue firmly in cheek tuppence worth , I think the fact I pay £7 for delivery for each ticket for 3 of us on F&F from semi finals and finals qualifies and entitles us to first dibs because We pay £21 over and above ticket price :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::D:rolleyes:
Your also keeping Her Majestys Royal Mail afloat - Super staunch points, I'd give you our full allocation to sort :cool:

The bus I’m on we inform who’s had on cccs when asking for names. So this doesn’t occur as once you’ve said from CCCS you aren’t included in bus tickets that are to be distributed.

thats still 2 bites at the cherry lol

someone on your bus is on CCCS so has a chance of a ticket or a bite of the cherry through that.

they are unsuccessful so they then have second chance / bite of the cherry on the bus...

What about those of us staunch enough that live close to Ibrox and go in and collect our tickets :) :)

thats still 2 bites at the cherry lol

someone on your bus is on CCCS so has a chance of a ticket or a bite of the cherry through that.

they are unsuccessful so they then have second chance / bite of the cherry on the bus...

exactly the point I made

I am a season ticket holder signed up on ccs signed up for away games and the travel club

yet non season ticket holders on a bus can get tickets before me and season ticket holders on ccs get two chances

Na sorry for me that’s wrong

I’m on CCCS and take all the little shit cup games at Ibrox last ticket I had for Hampden was the Motherwell game, never get tickets for anything else, so I’m one of the 27,000 or there about taking a ticket against shite teams but can never get the bigger games. Must have real shit bad luck with the ticket ballots not to get a ticket for even a semi final.

The chat about “where were they when we were in the lower leagues” is a complete red herring

All those tiny tinpot stadiums we played at were sold out every week - our allocations were 800 for some of these games and it was nearly impossible to get tickets

Only changed when the boycott started - which was the right thing to do

So spare me the glory hunter chat

Where were all these these people when we were in the lower leagues ? why have they signed up is it because we are in the top league again?
My guess is yes, some will be people will only follow us because we're in the top league again or even because we have Steven Gerrard. However, others may not have been old enough and/or could not afford a ticket until recently.

I personally have never been able to afford a Season Ticket until this year. I was always just a general-sale-when-I-could-afford-it kind of guy - whether that was a Champions League game pre-2012 or a (let's face it) terrible game in the lower leagues.

Something that struck me a few weeks ago when I took my little cousin to McDonald's and I asked why he doesn't like football/Rangers, his attitude was pretty much "I don't support Rangers because they're rubbish".

Annoying as it is, we can't turn away new fans even if they're "glory hunters" (general term, not saying that's your words). And it's probably good for the club if we're getting new supporters for one reason or the other. Kids certainly won't want to support a team who don't win trophies. And I'm hoping in the next few years my little cousin will turn round to his Celtic friends and be proud to call himself a Rangers supporter. Finally!

My guess is yes, some will be people will only follow us because we're in the top league again or even because we have Steven Gerrard. However, others may not have been old enough and/or could not afford a ticket until recently.

I personally have never been able to afford a Season Ticket until this year. I was always just a general-sale-when-I-could-afford-it kind of guy - whether that was a Champions League game pre-2012 or a (let's face it) terrible game in the lower leagues.

Something that struck me a few weeks ago when I took my little cousin to McDonald's and I asked why he doesn't like football/Rangers, his attitude was pretty much "I don't support Rangers because they're rubbish".

Annoying as it is, we can't turn away new fans even if they're "glory hunters" (general term, not saying that's your words). And it's probably good for the club if we're getting new supporters for one reason or the other. Kids certainly won't want to support a team who don't win trophies. And I'm hoping in the next few years my little cousin will turn round to his Celtic friends and be proud to call himself a Rangers supporter. Finally!
Before Souness came the average home attendance for the previous seasons league games was IIRC, 17000
The following season it jumped to about 38000 fans, are they 'Gory Hunters ' or just fans that wanted to see a winning team ?
It is people choose who they want to spend there money on what game they want to watch?
And the ones that said they boycotted Rangers, why have you an entitlement to get first on a list before fans who stayed with the Club?

Before Souness came the average home attendance for the previous seasons league games was IIRC, 17000
The following season it jumped to about 38000 fans, are they 'Gory Hunters ' or just fans that wanted to see a winning team ?
I’d say that is the definition of a glory hunter.

I’d say that is the definition of a glory hunter.
Fans want to be linked with success, just the way it is, the month before Barcelona, we had 4000 at two successive games. Tuesday and Thursday,
4 weeks or so later we had 36000 Supporters in Spain

Simple supply and demand guys - not everyone is going to get a ticket. You'll need to be very lucky, or if you're lucky to have a good source who can get you tickets, then you might be ok.

Otherwise, best to suck it up. Hit the boozer if you don't get a ticket and (hopefully) have an unbelievable day as we win our first major trophy in 8 years.

Big mate from London text me as asked what the chances are of me getting him 2 tickets for the final.

Aye nae bother :D

Simple supply and demand guys - not everyone is going to get a ticket. You'll need to be very lucky, or if you're lucky to have a good source who can get you tickets, then you might be ok.

Otherwise, best to suck it up. Hit the boozer if you don't get a ticket and (hopefully) have an unbelievable day as we win our first major trophy in 8 years.
That is the basic facts of the matter

It is people choose who they want to spend there money on what game they want to watch?
And the ones that said they boycotted Rangers, why have you an entitlement to get first on a list before fans who stayed with the Club?
I'm not old enough to remember the pre-Souness Rangers. I've always thought of Ibrox as a well-filled stadium (until the 80th minute, of course ;) ).

I took my mum into the Louden for a drink before the Rangers/Liverpool legends game recently and she loved it. She was more than happy to go, based on the reputation of the Louden. So... A successful tavern leads to new customers. A successful football team leads to new supporters. It can't be helped! If Rangers are doing well then we'll have another 10,000 on the Season Ticket waiting list.

I’m on CCCS and take all the little shit cup games at Ibrox last ticket I had for Hampden was the Motherwell game, never get tickets for anything else, so I’m one of the 27,000 or there about taking a ticket against shite teams but can never get the bigger games. Must have real shit bad luck with the ticket ballots not to get a ticket for even a semi final.
Stop spoofing, everyone on cccs got a ticket for Aberdeen last season and everyone on çccs got a ticket last week. Or maybe you forgot to tick the semi/final priority box!

Hearts went to a public sale so you can’t have missed out on that?

14/15 aside when the current board advised to boycott, CCCS membership since 12/13 onwards should be taken into account. There wasn’t a scramble for the Ramsdens Cup Final at Easter Rd in 2014 when we could barely shift our allocation? Ideally there should’ve been a loyalty point system introduced at the start of the journey through the leagues or even in 2015 when the new board were appointed, which would have prevented this scenario.

Big mate from London text me as asked what the chances are of me getting him 2 tickets for the final.

Aye nae bother :D

You should tell him to come up and wait for the supporters buses coming in on the day of the game. The RSC’s always have loads of spares.

Fans want to be linked with success, just the way it is, the month before Barcelona, we had 4000 at two successive games. Tuesday and Thursday,
4 weeks or so later we had 36000 Supporters in Spain
They’re glory hunters. Simple as that.

Luckily its nowhere near as bad as that these days, as seen by the numbers following us from 2012-2017 when we were very, very poor.

If you aren’t happy with RSC getting tickets then join one of them.

Problem solved.

If anything the amount of tickets allocated to players family, friends, corporate should be questioned. I would imagine they will all come out of the woodwork again for the celtic game.

If you aren’t happy with RSC getting tickets then join one of them.

Problem solved.

If anything the amount of tickets allocated to players family, friends, corporate should be questioned. I would imagine they will all come out of the woodwork again for the celtic game.
Each player gets 2 tickets each

I think one of the elephants in the room is that the Travel Club operate a loyalty scheme which essentially rewards fans for their financial contribution in following Rangers in Europe. It's a scheme which, in my experience, has still to attract any criticism or complaint.

I'd have loved to have gone to Gibraltar this year but didn't have enough points (I was eventually offered a ticket, but that's by the by). When I was told I didn't have enough points, it would have been a very silly man indeed who could get angry at such a transparent and clear system.

With that in mind, why should there not be a similar scheme introduced which rewards the longevity and financial investment for season ticket and away-game supporting fans? In principle, what's the difference?

I think one of the elephants in the room is that the Travel Club operate a loyalty scheme which essentially rewards fans for their financial contribution in following Rangers in Europe. It's a scheme which, in my experience, has still to attract any criticism or complaint.

I'd have loved to have gone to Gibraltar this year but didn't have enough points (I was eventually offered a ticket, but that's by the by). When I was told I didn't have enough points, it would have been a very silly man indeed who could get angry at such a transparent and clear system.

With that in mind, why should there not be a similar scheme introduced which rewards the longevity and financial investment for season ticket and away-game supporting fans? In principle, what's the difference?
The main difference would be numbers. More people applying, more games, more knock backs etc.

The travel club does not reward longevity as older points drop off every year so you could have people going to more games in the first season than someone going for 15 years where the older points have dropped off.

There is even less ways of checking the people who get the tickets actually go rather than pass them on if they can't and you have to award points for a knock back or it becomes a closed shop. This would mean people would apply hoping for points without going.

It would be an expensive administrative nightmare compared to now

Stop spoofing, everyone on cccs got a ticket for Aberdeen last season and everyone on çccs got a ticket last week. Or maybe you forgot to tick the semi/final priority box!

I'm on CCCS and didn't get a ticket, thats a fact. No email nothing, I went to the Aberdeen game but that wasn't through CCCS either, went to the Semi against them when we were horsed and again wasn't through CCCS, but I'm charged straight away against all the crap no one wants to attend. I need to speak to the ticket office to see if some sort of issue because my brother didn't get any tickets either and he is linked to my account.

The chat about “where were they when we were in the lower leagues” is a complete red herring

All those tiny tinpot stadiums we played at were sold out every week - our allocations were 800 for some of these games and it was nearly impossible to get tickets

Only changed when the boycott started - which was the right thing to do

So spare me the glory hunter chat

Don’t agree fans who followed in the lower leagues are now penalised you only need to look at away CCS numbers to confirm this. Club has to strike a balance and that’s the issue. Current ticket schemes are flawed all round.

it takes a £10 to £30 commitment to Follow Follow in Scotland which 1000's could do each 2nd weekend ......... i think i'm right in saying this only 20 fans have full travel club points so thats the difference ...... if a Scottish away scheme was set up where would it start and fans would always accept their ticket as who would want to lose " their " place , at least in Europe there seems to be a leveling of the playing field and while some fans miss out over the course of a season fans should be able to get to 1 or 2 games and more if they can afford it

Been in CCCS since it started. Had an ST since 1983. No ticket. First time in over 42 years that I'll miss a game at Hampden.

I now usually sit in the Disabled/Accessabilty section. It's the same folk every time and I assumed we all get tickets. Obviously not!

Been in CCCS since it started. Had an ST since 1983. No ticket. First time in over 42 years that I'll miss a game at Hampden.

I now usually sit in the Disabled/Accessabilty section. It's the same folk every time and I assumed we all get tickets. Obviously not!
Think how many people missed out on tickets over them 42 years while you had every game at Hampden

Everyone also got Hearts this season ,although some we knocked back in the first ballot ,everyone was offered a ticket when we received additional tickets.

Just me that’s shitting it about my ticket? I bought hospitality a couple weeks ago and nothing come through the post yet?

Do you not turn up and they will have your name .
This is my first time on hospitality. But the original order email said “Invitations detailing the itinerary along with details on dress code and car parking will be posted to the address registered approximately 10 working days prior to the event.”

Back