Let's Go

Punpun

What am I actually reading here lol

So the team has a losers mentality? Okay, that's fine, maybe they do, however it's hilarious reading posters follow this up with how the leagues done. In February. When we are 4-7 points behind with 2 OFs! The odds are stacked against us with refs and injuries and suspensions but they always are, because we are Rangers, now it's time to rise to the occasion like true Rangers would.

It's okay to be emotional but get a grip troops

A team of losers would've folded at the Piggery, wilted in Porto, crumbled in Rotterdam.

We are all Rangers. When the team isn't performing we as fans have to support.

The league is far from over. It's going to be a long few weeks ahead and the team needs your support. It's time to get to work.

We have a team of bottlers, it’s simple as that, we have a manager that can’t change things but says the right things to the press

No one is saying the league is over because it’s 4 points. We’re saying the league is over because the team don’t have the mentality to win it. If they can’t keep it together in January, how do you think they’d do under pressure in April/May?

The Scottish Cup is absolutely huge now. We have to show some form of progression.

That's it done. Some ppl will still intend on doing daft hes here for 55 though. Defoe signed for one year extension and zoomers had him here for 56. Its cringey. We have showed nothing that we are capable of winning the league yet 55 is plastered all over here

I think there is a slight element of knee jerk, but it’s difficult not to show absolute pessimism after what happened last year.

My heart says we’ve blown it, but my head says that I’ve seen enough title races to know that it’s not quite done yet. However, there’s simply absolutely no room for error, and that’s looking increasingly unlikely with our current form.

Every fucking week there's threads after shit games telling us that everything's ok. It's not.
Today was shit, again. This year is a repetition of last and has ended in disappointment.

Apart from the game at Ibrox possibly I'm willing to predict the poets will go on a long unbeaten run now from here on in till May.

2 seasons in a row we have shat it bigtime after being close to them before the start of a new year

if any gers fan doesnt see this as a huge worry then they are living in cloud cuckoo land

So the team has a losers mentality? Okay, that's fine, maybe they do, however it's hilarious reading posters follow this up with how the leagues done. In February. When we are 4-7 points behind with 2 OFs! The odds are stacked against us with refs and injuries and suspensions but they always are, because we are Rangers, now it's time to rise to the occasion like true Rangers would.

A team of losers would've folded at the Piggery, wilted in Porto, crumbled in Rotterdam.

The league is far from over. It's going to be a long few weeks ahead and the team needs your support. It's time to get to work.
Old firm wins and EL are papering over serious cracks. Team is hopeless.

No one is saying the league is over because it’s 4 points. We’re saying the league is over because the team don’t have the mentality to win it. If they can’t keep it together in January, how do you think they’d do under pressure in April/May?

The Scottish Cup is absolutely huge now. We have to show some form of progression.
The op makes a good point.
If there was a mentality issue, we wouldn’t have got to the point of having an advantage.

We are brutal at supporting the team unless we're winning

That's it done. Some ppl will still intend on doing daft hes here for 55 though. Defoe signed for one year extension and zoomers had him here for 56. Its cringey. We have showed nothing that we are capable of winning the league yet 55 is plastered all over here
Well it's no going to be 53 is it? We've won 54 so the next time we win the league it'll be 55

The bottle problem is the games wer'e expected to win - that's what we can't deal with.

All well and good going to Porto, Piggery etc as underdogs, but that's of no use if we fall apart when we actually have the chance to go top.

That's the problem.

Four points behind and people on here saying we have a team with mental issues when it's them that have given up. It's nuts.
The really odd thing, looking back to before the break, is that European football seems to help us. The more we play the better we are.
Let's hope for a surprise tomorrow.

Wish I had your optimism OP but a word of advice, don't get your hopes up, it hurts less when the inevitable happens. Would absolutely love to be wrong but would be ridiculous to suggest we are going from now to the end of the season not dropping more points playing like we have

Have you watched the last 4 games mate? this squad are winning nothing once again.

For me, the definition of bottling it would be not being able to get there in the first place.
Have to agree to disagree - the games where we've arguably over-,performed is because we weren't carrying that expectation, hence no mental pressure.

Admire your optimism and wish I shared it. Gut feeling is we've already let it slip though.

Hopefully I'm wrong though, and I'll be delighted if you are right and we're having the party to end all partys come what May.

Despite my misgivings though, I still believe we're on the right path under the current management ... it may just be a longer path than we hoped.

I don't think the Liverpool 'experiment' with bringing their players... has served us well as we would have expected.
Flanagan..iffy at best...in fact cost us some big goals...
Ejaria couldn't handle it ...split after a few months.
Ojo ...exact same. Doesn't have the mentality to be here.
Firth..rarely seen if at all.
Kent. ..Will come good, but still has a lot to prove that he is worth that fee. Form so far this season been patchy, at best.

You are right.
The league is far from done
However, we have surrendered five points since the return and really we cannot afford to drop many (if any) more.
We are encouraging The Filth rather than putting pressure on them.

Everyone will have their own take on today's game, and everyone will have a point of reference where it went wrong.
However, as far as I am concerned, we did a lot right today, we put pressure on their backline and they were reduced to defending on the referee's whistle.
This led to us getting some very good positions for dead ball attacks.
This is what separates a good side from an indifferent one.

Defending that gives a good side a variety of dead-ball situations usually leads to losing goals.
Good sides punish teams who defend like this.
We failed to do so, and I have to question how we approach these situations.
Barasic is the best dead ball deliverer in the side, he can also put a free kick on target from the edge of the box.
So I ask, why was Steven Davis taking them, a player with a fairly scant history in these areas?

Sorry OP but this team hasn't got a core of "Winners" and are looking like they don't have what it takes to win trophies.

Two Veteran Players in Mcgregor and Davis - neither seems able to inspire what we need

And a Captain who i have yet to see earn the role by rollicking a fud of a pass etc

We are too soft, too nice and no real dirty barsteward to put the boot and and lay a marker to those who take liberties week after week.

You are right.
The league is far from done
However, we have surrendered five points since the return and really we cannot afford to drop many (if any) more.
We are encouraging The Filth rather than putting pressure on them.

Everyone will have their own take on today's game, and everyone will have a point of reference where it went wrong.
However, as far as I am concerned, we did a lot right today, we put pressure on their backline and they were reduced to defending on the referee's whistle.
This led to us getting some very good positions for dead ball attacks.
This is what separates a good side from an indifferent one.

Defending that gives a good side a variety of dead-ball situations usually leads to losing goals.
Good sides punish teams who defend like this.
We failed to do so, and I have to question how we approach these situations.
Barasic is the best dead ball deliverer in the side, he can also put a free kick on target from the edge of the box.
So I ask, why was Steven Davis taking them, a player with a fairly scant history in these areas?
I agree with your last point, especially. I'm not stupid and there's obviously many areas the team must improve in.

We need to make more of set piece routines. We have numerous free kicks a game from playing cheats like them, but we rarely score from them. Our record with indirect FKs is particularly woeful.

Our best chance in the game came when we actually worked a routine from a corner and drew a fantastic save from Lewis. After that, nothing from dead ball situations. No keeper will keep out 4 or 5 of those chances but we really fail to make the most of them.

I wish i shared your positivity but we seem to be haunted with this winter break. 2 years on the trott we have thrown away any chance at a title challenge at this stage of the season.

Yes - we can be excellent in Europe and hopeless in the league. Two different Rangers teams turn up for the two different competitions. Hopeless.
Okay, that is t my definition of “hopeless” and not how I interpreted the first post I quoted.

Make sure you copy this and paste it on wednesday when the same thing happens again OP, boring

Let's go to the louden

The league is over & it’s being realistic based on what we have watched since we came back the split. We would have to go on a 10 match unbeaten run to win the league. Can you honestly see this happening? Absolutely no chance that will happen.

Am with you mate. Felt really bad on the way home, but we can still do this

If the team is so good why did we get beat by bottom of the table hearts and couldn’t beat a mid table Aberdeen who come to Ibrox to keep the score down

We will find our form again, it just depends on how quickly and the manks hitting a bad spell, problem is they will take big confidence and determination not to follow us in dropping points.

Lots of folk on here, moaning about our team giving up, they are as guilty,
as they have already given up on 55, on Gerrard and on our team.
Its not over until the maths tell us.
Please Keep Believing and support remember WATP

Last edited:
Back