Lewis Ferguson - future Ranger ?

Have to disagree with those trying to belittle the boy.

He plays a mans game at 19

Talent / technique debatable but the mans game aspect means he easily has a premier league career as long as he wants.

Very well put he’s an imposing boy for only 19 and looks scared of nothing

I like the look of him. Styong, aggressive, wins his personal battle on the field ( at our cost).

with total respect not in the same league as his uncle like he is being billed up to be by the press, he couldn`t lace Barrys boots.

The way he was squealing and pointing at Morelos on Wednesday you’d have sworn he was a mentally challenged

Tell you one thing, he’s no scared of the unwashed judging by how he was getting in about them in that cup final. For those doubting his ability, players become better players when better players are around them. If you havent watched gerrards film, see what he and michael owen were like for liverpool youth and the first team. I think he would do well for us, a midfield in 3-4 years time of ferguson mcrorie and docherty. Pace, power, height, strength, dig, rangers men. If only one had the passing ability and technique to cut open defences would be class.

He was the dirtiest wee toe rag on the park on Wednesday night. He kicked, pushed and pulled everyone he went near. And whined when anyone breathed on him. How Morelos got his first booking for persistent fouling yet Ferguson didn’t is beyond me. Based on his behaviour on Wednesday, no thanks.
He was 1st running to ref demanding Morelos got sent off, normally it’s Shinnie but he was dying on the grass.

To be honest I think Aberdeen will want silly money for him like they want for McKenna.
So I doubt we will be buying him. He has out played our midfield twice now and scored against us.
Apart from Arfield none of our midfielders are good enough.

Haven't seen anything in him to merit any attention.
Looks a classic Scottish big unit Inverness Caley, motherwell type player. Shows up well in battle games where no creation is asked for but offers very little apart from that.

A moaning faced wee prick just like Shinnie.

Average ability. Don't see how he improves us? We've enough average joes, we need players to take us to the next level.

No thanks .. not good enough with what we need, and dont beed the distraction of his mouthy uncle n da moaning on bbc scotland n the papers about his boy getting a rough time with fans derek n barry were exceptionally good this boys average

A moaning faced wee prick just like Shinnie.

Average ability. Don't see how he improves us? We've enough average joes, we need players to take us to the next level.
Runs in the family :D

I have to say for a boy of 19 he looks a decent player ..... hope we haven't signed the wrong one from Hamilton :eek:

He’s a hell of an athlete and smart for a 19 year old. Difficult to see whether he is anything like the ball player his old man and uncle were in this aberdeen team. If he is even close to it we should have him!

The lad has great physique for his age but the way he plays especially on Wednesday he could never get away with his style and antics if he played for us

2 bouts of dissent not punished with a yellow card

Numerous fouls, barges and elbows with no yellow

Deliberate handball no yellow card

If he played for us he’d have been sent off

He's a diving prick that for a decent sized lad goes down at every opportunity, fits right in to the Aberdeen mind set. Don't want him anywhere near Rangers

To be honest I think Aberdeen will want silly money for him like they want for McKenna.
So I doubt we will be buying him. He has out played our midfield twice now and scored against us.
Apart from Arfield none of our midfielders are good enough.

I'm not seeing this at all, apart from the goal he's been largely anonymous – and that's no defence of our players because they've been shîte in both games.

You'd be forgiven to think Aberdeen played without a midfield in the last couple of games.

I'm not seeing this at all, apart from the goal he's been largely anonymous – and that's no defence of our players because they've been shîte in both games.

You'd be forgiven to think Aberdeen played without a midfield in the last couple of games.

He snuffs out our midfield when on the ball by playing a press this is why we were playing it back to central defenders.
Not just him the whole of their team allow us to go up to the half way line and then narrow the pitch by playing a high defensive line, so nearly every player is crowded within the 18 yard line to half way.

The only way to break this is by good diagonal balls being played and our front 3 catching them trying to play the offside trap. The passing needs to be good and our front 3 controlling the ball.
Instead our midfield shat it and our CHs were punting the ball. Candieas and Middleton were invisible, while Morelos couldn’t control the ball all night.
We also needed some powerful running through the middle to create space but again none of our midfield did it, all 3 of them were very poor.
Only McCauley did it once and then shat it when he got to the 18 yard line.

Our team have no ideal how to cope with this tactic.

In his current guise - not a chance. A big lump with little ability.

If he improves technically (a lot) in 3-4 years maybe.

As has been said, if not for the family link, he wouldn’t be mentioned as a future player for us.

He snuffs out our midfield when on the ball by playing a press this is why we were playing it back to central defenders.
Not just him the whole of their team allow us to go up to the half way line and then narrow the pitch by playing a high defensive line, so nearly every player is crowded within the 18 yard line to half way.

The only way to break this is by good diagonal balls being played and our front 3 catching them trying to play the offside trap. The passing needs to be good and our front 3 controlling the ball.
Instead our midfield shat it and our CHs were punting the ball. Candieas and Middleton were invisible, while Morelos couldn’t control the ball all night.
We also needed some powerful running through the middle to create space but again none of our midfield did it, all 3 of them were very poor.
Only McCauley did it once and then shat it when he got to the 18 yard line.

Our team have no ideal how to cope with this tactic.

I agree with what you're saying here, but this doesn't speak to Ferguson outplaying us – it's a mix of McInness organising the team well and us playing shîte. He's barely done anything of note on the ball for two games straight.

In both games they defended well and managed to sneak a goal, they didn't outplay us, especially their midfield.

Have to disagree with those trying to belittle the boy.

He plays a mans game at 19

Talent / technique debatable but the mans game aspect means he easily has a premier league career as long as he wants.
Yip, he's strong and disciplined.

Totally different style to his relatives

would be daft not to keep an eye on him but no idea if he can play other than running around being physical and spoiling things. I’ve heard his old man and uncle describe how his attitude is first class.

Re his old man and uncle's opinion I would refer you to Mandy Rice Davis's reply in the Old Bailey at the trial of Dr Ward

He is just a big groc of a player...

We are trying to become a sophisticated, modern football team playing at high tempo with inverted wingers, a high press and quick movement.

Listen to Gerrard, listen to his words, listen to how enthused he was post the Hearts game about the brand, the style the football he wants to play..

use that evidence...we aren't signing players like Lewis Ferguson..

He didn't look even 1/10th as technically talented as his family to me.

You can tell he's had a good schooling about how to play the game in terms of intensity and attitude on the pitch though.

He might be better than I'm giving him credit for, it's hard to tell with that Aberdeen team who just run about booting people.

He was the dirtiest wee toe rag on the park on Wednesday night. He kicked, pushed and pulled everyone he went near. And whined when anyone breathed on him. How Morelos got his first booking for persistent fouling yet Ferguson didn’t is beyond me. Based on his behaviour on Wednesday, no thanks.
If you use this logic we shouldn’t have signed John brown as he was a complete arsehole when he was playing against us for Dundee.so much so I thought he was a rabid mank.

He was battering into Goldson and causing us all sorts of problems on Wednesday but more by a physical nature than anything else.

Back