Liam Burt leaving Rangers

Big hopes for him when Warburton was manager but never seems to have kicked on since then with younger guys like Palmer and Kelly ahead of him in terms of any potential first team chance.

he will be a decent signing for a bottom half championship/top half league 1 team. wish him best of luck wherever he goes

Big hopes for him when Warburton was manager but never seems to have kicked on since then with younger guys like Palmer and Kelly ahead of him in terms of any potential first team chance.

Didn't he have a lengthy spell out through injury?

He has a hill to climb in his career given that he seems to have fallen down the pecking order in the game.
It will be interesting to see if the lad can do it.
Best of luck to him, plenty have left Rangers and still gone on to make it in the game.
I wish him all the very best.

His mother will be pleased, she might be able to pick the team where her son ends up.

Good luck son wherever you go.

Injuries played its part in his development, a real shame, a player I had high hopes for. All the best Liam

Not being good enough for the most successful club in the world is no criticism.
I'm sure the young man can still make a good career for himself, and I wish him well.

Apart from any time he plays against us!

Think if you reach the age of 20 as an outfield player and haven’t made an impact in the first team, chances are you never will.

Hopefully he can go on to make a good living from the game.

He’s ready for first Team football but won’t see it under Gerrard.. great kid and will be a quality player if he keeps developing in the Mans game.. maybe one that will cost us one day but such is football. Good luck Liam.

From making his first team debut, being chased by the beasts, we went on the charm offensive to keep him to now being let go, cruel world

Hope he finds a decent club and performs well

Football is a cruel game. They start as a team at about 12 year old and them drift away in dribs and drabs until 1 or 2 (if we're lucky) reach 1st team regular level. The problem is you need a team of 11 players, but I'd bet the scouts, looking at our starting 11 today, only have hopes for 3 or 4 being kept on after 20 or 21 year old. The SPFL is full of ex youth players who played for us.

He’s ready for first Team football but won’t see it under Gerrard.. great kid and will be a quality player if he keeps developing in the Mans game.. maybe one that will cost us one day but such is football. Good luck Liam.
I think he'd be suited to going somewhere like Holland or Denmark to progress he's made for that style of football

Scott Gray has just put on his Instagram that he is leaving as well after 10 years. Wish these young lads all the best for their futures. Maybe we will see them again one day. As much as it must hurt to be released, they all need to know that this doesn’t need to be the end of their career.

She ranted on Twitter regarding her son being on the bench, prior to a match starting.
There was another youngsters mother doing this a few years back.
(I guess most would be like that.)
One day in the members lounge, she went off in one big time, saying the coaches were clueless and couldn’t even get players names right.
Wish I could remember who her son was, would’ve been during Walter’s second spell, incase anybody witnessed similar.

It's harsh on them but if they'll never play for us it's probably for the best they're let go to further their career

Seems like were gonna have a massive clear out.

A lot of his youth colleagues seem genuinely gutted for him.

His Dad is a massive Celtic fan so it wouldn’t surprise me if this boy now drops a league or two and knuckles down to prove us wrong.

A little bit like Ross McCormack with his career. Up until recently obviously.

Last edited:
I have to admit I had high hopes for him at Rangers but time, and injury, has caught up.
Very best wishes to him for his future career and I expect he will find a good quality club.

I only came in for the famous pic of his ex missus. Can anyone assist?

You all know the one i'm on about... dissapointed I had to ask.

Back