Lille v Villa & Thursday's other football

Feel for the Lille support there, great seeing fans making the most of European Football.

giphy.gif

A true underdog story.
it was the same with West Ham last year. frankly its an embarrassment if an English team doesn't win this tournament. I think there is decent argument that the top 5 leagues should be excluded from it.

How thick are the commentators in these games?

Wondering why the ref didn’t give a penalty on VAR for Milan, Giroud basically punched the ball about 2 seconds before the ball came off the Roma hand.

Thick as two planks.

Club Brugge about to get into the semi finals of the Conference League. Their manager used to coach their reserves until earlier this season when he replaced the guy who got sacked, and now they're in contention to win the Belgian league and European success.

I always wonder why none of the big teams went for Martinez especially after the world cup. It's could maybe have done with him.

I know he's a bit of a dafty at times but he is some keeper when he puts his mind to it.
Wasn’t aware that he was at Arsenal for 11 years till I heard it on the radio the other day

Club Brugge about to get into the semi finals of the Conference League. Their manager used to coach their reserves until earlier this season when he replaced the guy who got sacked, and now they're in contention to win the Belgian league and European success.
You mean Deila? :D

Would be great if we had a manager who had done really well with Club Brugge…

Wasn’t aware that he was at Arsenal for 11 years till I heard it on the radio the other day
I don't recall him playing too much but looks like he came through their youth system.

He seems to have become an exceptionally good keeper later in life which is no suprise given keepers usually reach their peak in their 30s.

West Ham in with a great shout here. Would be some result if they managed to go through. Think Atalanta need to score tonight to put this tie to bed. Liverpool could easily turn this tie around.

it was the same with West Ham last year. frankly its an embarrassment if an English team doesn't win this tournament. I think there is decent argument that the top 5 leagues should be excluded from it.

Sponsors and tv companies would be falling over themselves to get involved.

First corner of the Liverpool game there 47 minutes in. Real Madrid didn't get any last night. And they always seem to gub my bet builders.

So, are they becoming a thing of the past? (wouldn't affect us too much!)

Could well be Chelsea or Man Utd in it next season.

First corner of the Liverpool game there 47 minutes in. Real Madrid didn't get any last night. And they always seem to gub my bet builders.

So, are they becoming a thing of the past? (wouldn't affect us too much!)

There wasn’t one in the first hour of the Real City first leg. Still plenty though, the average hasn’t changed overall. City got 15 in 90 last night I think.

Back