Lionel Messi can leave Barca on a free this summer

I think he should. I don't think he's anything more to gain from staying there now. He's young enough that he could compete at the highest level for another few years. Would love to see him in the EPL

Liverpool would be a good move for him. They should cash in on Salah and take him instead.
I’m a genuine neutral when it comes to English clubs, but as a football fan it would be amazing to Messi be the one who wins them their next league title and become a legend at two massive clubs.

Daily rebel exclusive - His father said young Lionel had pictures of Wayne Biggins and Gerry Crainey on the wall of his bedroom and that he could be found up a tree in the garden listening to sellick games on an old radio." Papa" little Messi said "this is the only team I want to play for".

Him and Ronaldo together at Juve would be incredible

Juve should do everything they can to at least make a credible offer.

Would be one of the most historic things to happen in the history of football. Arguably the 2 greatest of all time that also play in the same era, playing alongside each other.

He earns around €100m a season from salary, bonuses and sponsors already and has done for quite some time. He doesn’t need a big money move.
Doesn’t need it, but do you reckon he’s gonna turn down the same money or more when he’ll be inundated with offers?

Or, do you think he’ll say, ‘nah, I’ll play for ???????? for 50,000 a week ‘?

He used to read the Celric View in the slums of Argentina and listen to their death defying exploits in the SPL and Cup wins so he's a stick on for being Sellik's next Marquee signing...

Too small for Scottish football and wouldn’t survive a cold Wednesday night in Aberdeen.

Also best Year’s behind him, not the type of signing we should be making as no resale value.

Much as I'd love to see him with Ronaldo at Juventus or playing with the likes of Man City or even Liverpool in the EPL, I think he'll be at Barcelona until his legs have just about gone and then fulfil his boyhood dream of returning to Argentina and turning out for Newell's Old Boys for a season.

There will be deluded mentally challengeds convinced he's going to the knewdome because of the special relationship they have with Barcelona

...not read the whole thread....

but didn't you know, when he was a wee boy in is native homeland, he used to wear a green and grey top, sat in a drug infested sewer and tune into radio Scotland to hear how his beloved hoops were getting on, dreaming of the day he might get the chance to play for them...!

Two FF favs. I don’t think there’s ever been a big name player in Glasgow that hasn’t been accosted by mutants asking them to pose with the green and grey.

sport-graphics-2006_720266a.jpg

GW400H299

I can’t see him leaving Barca tbh. It would be a lot of upheaval and risk not settling when he doesn’t need to prove anything. Maybe to the States when he does feel he’s slowing down to try to get an extra couple of seasons playing.

With all the injections and treatments he had as a youngster, it make you wonder how long he actually has left playing.

Is that You afer? Ive got mure proof Ranjurz uzed EBTs.Its a pic on thur awn massage bord.Ive evun goat tha naym ..... Mr C ARDHOLDER

I’m sure Eck said we asked for him and iniesta on loan.

I know it sounds totally bonkers.

Yip we asked for both.

We were after a replacement for Ferguson after he went to Blackburn and Wouters contacted Ten Cate to ask about Iniesta on the Friday then on the Monday when we called back he was in the first team and unavailable. Messi we were told absolutely no chance straight away.

This is our last chance for 55 folks, if Messi goes to the Middle East or China then the Beautiful fame is done.
He will stay at Barca until he's 40

Back