Liquidators finally draw a line over Leeds Utd's 2007 insolvency

Not really an uncommon event in English football Portsmouth and Coventry City have both gone newco in recent years before that Middlesbrough & Charlton Athletic.

First club in Scotland to go down that road we’re actually Hearts. The original Hibernian football club did die though always nice to remind them of that.

Not really an uncommon event in English football Portsmouth and Coventry City have both gone newco in recent years before that Middlesbrough & Charlton Athletic.

First club in Scotland to go down that road we’re actually Hearts. The original Hibernian football club did die though always nice to remind them of that.
When did Hearts do it? I thought Pacific shelf beat them to that.

Yup if you check Leeds United on companies House their incorporation date is 2007.

Don't hear anyone in England referring to them as newco, club died etc etc.

It's just same old Leeds United, the way it should be.
Notts County, continually recognised as the World's oldest pro club, has been subject to multiple liquidations. The current company was incorporated in 2012.

It's only in Scotland where this seems to be an issue. Wonder why?

Hibs 'died' twice, back in the 1880's when Celtic shat on them from a great height and again in the 90's when they were again liquidated.

Also worth noting that Leeds weren't kicked out of their league for going down the Newco route. Started the following season with a points deduction.

So the "unprecedented situation" excuse trotted out for us was absolute bollocks.
Not entirely true. The level of hatred shown towards us and the level of self-interest and corruption behind HMRC’s decision to go after Rangers were both enprecendented situations.

Not entirely true. The level of hatred shown towards us and the level of self-interest and corruption behind HMRC’s decision to go after Rangers were both enprecendented situations.

Sure, but I mean the SPL excuse that they had no precedent for how to deal with a newco, so they "had to" open it up to a vote - which we all knew the outcome of before it even took place!

Nice clear article clearly laying out how(like Rangers)the club survived despite the company which owned the club changing.;)

An aside but I had shares in them at the time.
Cost me almost £1,000 at a time when that much money seemed like a fortune.
My own fault for not selling them when they got to the Champions League semis. Would've made a tidy profit.

An aside but I had shares in them at the time.
Cost me almost £1,000 at a time when that much money seemed like a fortune.
My own fault for not selling them when they got to the Champions League semis. Would've made a tidy profit.

Gutted. I wouldn't have sold either though. It looked like they were going on to bigger things.

Ridsdale should have been hanged for what he did to Leeds
I imagine the brass knuckles are carried in Leeds lest he ever show his face again. I can assure all Rangers supporters I carry my Arizona bought "belt buckle" on the off chance I ever see Craig Whyte in Albuquerque. Teeth will be flying.

Back