Liverpool parade today

The irrational dislike of Liverpool fans is so confusing to me.

They’re treated the same in England as we are here.
Haha of course they are. If we charged stadium security and had thousands of ticketless fans climb walls to infiltrate the ground and pose massive healthy and safety risks our media would definitely try and protect us by putting the blame on UEFA the way BT and the rest of the English media did last night.

We went to Seville with most of this country praying for trouble. Folk down South wanted nothing more than for Liverpool to win and their fans to have a good time.

Haha of course they are. If we charged stadium security and had thousands of ticketless fans climb walls to infiltrate the ground and pose massive healthy and safety risks our media would definitely try and protect us by putting the blame on UEFA the way BT and the rest of the English media did last night.

We went to Seville with most of this country praying for trouble. Folk down South wanted nothing more than for Liverpool to win and their fans to have a good time.

Have you seen twitter? The Real Madrid end was empty of stewards and police whilst Real Madrid fans/locals climbed the walls.

Also, what would you have the media do? Take the side of UEFA and the French police?

I can guarantee you the floating down South at Liverpool losing and what their fans were subject to is very very similar to what we were subject to.

Have you seen twitter? The Real Madrid end was empty of stewards and police whilst Real Madrid fans/locals climbed the walls.

Also, what would you have the media do? Take the side of UEFA and the French police?

I can guarantee you the floating down South at Liverpool losing and what their fans were subject to is very very similar to what we were subject to.
What would I have them do? They can start by looking at their own fans who always seem to create bother. What you’ve said is bollocks, especially since the stairways in the Madrid weren’t crammed with tickletless fans.

Should give Everton a parade for finishing 17th.
Famously after the 1986 FA cup final there was a parade that involved both Liverpool (who’d just won the double) and the runners up Everton, the Everton players sat downstairs getting drunk :)

What would I have them do? They can start by looking at their own fans who always seem to create bother. What you’ve said is bollocks, especially since the stairways in the Madrid weren’t crammed with tickletless fans.
I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say there wouldn’t have been many Madrid fans trying to get in with fake tickets either.

Or maybe European police can start treating British fans with respect and not kettle them in their thousands whilst treating other European fans differently.

Bollocks? Ok then.

Or maybe European police can start treating British fans with respect and not kettle them in their thousands whilst treating other European fans differently.

Bollocks? Ok then.

Yeah bollocks. I watched the game, I saw the Liverpool end packed out right up and down the stairway. So your response to that is to post a video that shows a handful of fans jumping the gate? And that’s after videos circulated showing scores of scousers breaking through into the grounds.

The victim mentality is absolutely second to none though. Still baffled at how you equate the media trying to absolve them of any wrong doing to us being blamed for everything in the media. And by the way the police are absolute bastards, that doesn’t excuse fans from behaving like scumbags.

Yeah bollocks. I watched the game, I saw the Liverpool end packed out right up and down the stairway. So your response to that is to post a video that shows a handful of fans jumping the gate? And that’s after videos circulated showing scores of scousers breaking through into the grounds.

The victim mentality is absolutely second to none though. Still baffled at how you equate the media trying to absolve them of any wrong doing to us being blamed for everything in the media. And by the way the police are absolute bastards, that doesn’t excuse fans from behaving like scumbags.
I said fans were hopping the gates at the Real Madrid end where there were no stewards or police, you said bollocks, I then showed you the proof, you still cry bollocks.

Respectfully we’re going to disagree here so may as well leave it.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Lol….. the media down South just love Liverpool FC. They can’t get enough of them.
SSN are live at the 0-0 celebration parade. Outside broadcast cameras and reporters bigging them up.
The same channel that completely ignored Man City’s title parade through the streets on Monday.

Last edited:

You're talking nonsense as regards thousands of ticketless fans climbing fences. My son-in-law and 2 grandsons were pepper sprayed waiting to get into the ground, waited for over 2 hours to get near the turnstiles, eyes smarting badly because of the utter negligence of the French police and organisation by authorities towards the fans of both sides. My youngest grandson is 12, do you seriously think kids as young as that were internet in getting in without tickets. Maybe get your facts correct mate

Yes but they deserve to be, there's no comparison with Rangers. They're full of Scouse self regard and deliberately separate themselves from the rest of England. So the rest of England reciprocates.

That video to me looks more like French locals jumping in rather than Madrid supporters.

You're talking nonsense as regards thousands of ticketless fans climbing fences. My son-in-law and 2 grandsons were pepper sprayed waiting to get into the ground, waited for over 2 hours to get near the turnstiles, eyes smarting badly because of the utter negligence of the French police and organisation by authorities towards the fans of both sides. My youngest grandson is 12, do you seriously think kids as young as that were internet in getting in without tickets. Maybe get your facts correct mate
That’s dreadful and I’m genuinely sorry to hear that. There’s some grim footage of kids in awful distress after being sprayed, it’s horrific.

But sorry, I’m not going to disregard the various videos circulating or countless other reports coming from in and around the stadium, or my own eyes which showed the stairways rammed with Liverpool fans. Unless they were selling tickets for the stairways…

My god, they really are the Yahoos of England. Celebrating two nil nil cup final draws and self congratulating themselves as the world’s greatest blah, blah, blah. Ha ha, this is just f*cking laughable. Live on the telly. Liam was right…..’ scouse sports ‘

I do like Liverpool as a city. Lots to see , a city centre that puts Glasgow to shame, vibrant atmosphere and still some beautiful buildings especially in the Georgian quarter.
But I can’t be bothered with the local populace. Always got to keep reminding everybody of how wonderful and better than anyone all things Scouse are.
There’s a rocket on SSN now giving a big interview and telling us how ‘ the whole world cares for the city of Liverpool ‘.

That’s dreadful and I’m genuinely sorry to hear that. There’s some grim footage of kids in awful distress after being sprayed, it’s horrific.

But sorry, I’m not going to disregard the various videos circulating or countless other reports coming from in and around the stadium, or my own eyes which showed the stairways rammed with Liverpool fans. Unless they were selling tickets for the stairways…
Disregard all you want,mate. However I had family there who were there to enjoy the full occasion only to have it ruined by French police and their inadequacy to look after and organize the whole event. I'll listen to family instead of someone who is going by second or third hand stories with people with their own agenda and that's not to say that Liverpool fans haven't got their lowlife fans just like every other club,us included

Don't worry about them......

Why are we so obsessed with what other teams do and from a different country for that matter
"The Bear Pit

For all football and Rangers-related discussion."

It's hard to imagine someone has been a registered user since September 2017 and never noticed that bit at the very top of the forum.

Disregard all you want,mate. However I had family there who were there to enjoy the full occasion only to have it ruined by French police and their inadequacy to look after and organize the whole event. I'll listen to family instead of someone who is going by second or third hand stories with people with their own agenda and that's not to say that Liverpool fans haven't got their lowlife fans just like every other club,us included
So how did all the stairways end up ram packed with Liverpool supporters? It looked dangerously overcrowded. That’s not second or third hand stories it was clear for the millions watching on TV.

Every stairway in the Madrid end is clearly visible and in the Liverpool end you would think they never had any stairs.

The last week or so have reminded me what a strange bunch they are. Has certainly reset my opinion after it was probably clouded a bit by Gerrard being here.

There’s not a club treated or despised like us anywhere in the World in their home Country.

Do folk genuinely believe a Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG, Bayern, Benfica, Ajax, AC Milan, Barca/Real would get treated the way we were over side letters, fucking side lettters.
A threat to our existence and genuine venom and push to erase us from the History books.
Juve done far worse, bumped down a league and kept hold of Thuram, Nedved, Trezeguet, Chiellini AND Buffon.

Fair play to their Council though accommodating a bus parade in a 2 team City, not for me but at least they had the choice to have one

Going against the grain here. Good on them for celebrating a remarkable season.
One point and a one goal defeat away from a perfect season.
Not very remarkable unless you win the trophies. They won 2 domestic cups on penalties and failed to win the big 2 competitions they were in. A bus parade to celebrate a league cup and FA cup is a bit embarrassing for a club like Liverpool.

We were a penalty kick away from the greatest achievement in Scottish football history and every one of us would cringe if we had an open top bus to celebrate losing the final.
Agreed. It was not the Champs league and we didn’t lose the wealthiest league in the world on the last day by 1 point. They are not having an open top bus to celebrate losing the final.

Not very remarkable unless you win the trophies. They won 2 domestic cups on penalties and failed to win the big 2 competitions they were in. A bus parade to celebrate a league cup and FA cup is a bit embarrassing for a club like Liverpool.
I get your point but whether penalties or not, they still won the cups.
I don’t think they would have planned it on the back of ONLY winning league and FA cup.

Another day out for the fans, wish we done it here, winning 2 cups and finishing runners-up in the Champions league is a more than decent season.

We were planning one for last Sunday.

In this day and age you need to be proactive and plan ahead.
We asked permission etc, hadn't been agreed or set in stone though.

Always embarrassing when you see a photo of a bus parked away in some garage decked out in celebratory stuff for a club, and it never sees the light of day except for those embarrassing images.

Obviously a very successful club but they have always been weirdos. Long may they keep getting defeated.

Back