Livingston 2 - 2 - All comments in here

Will Lennon be sacked tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 400 32.2%
  • No

Votes: 842 67.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im perfectly happy with the lead, and over the moon that we are going to win the league.

My point remains - nobody has beaten them, except us, for well over a calendar year, largely down to mentality and lack of ambition.
Just Like playing us other teams see a draw as some sort of achievement, something for their support to celebrate. So playing for a draw suits them rather than going for a win and risking losing.

I thought livingston were actually decent considering it was their reserves, Martindale seems to be good at motivating and organizing his players.

It'll be an extremely tough game for us, because he'll play a full strength side. It wont matter in the grand scheme of things as the league is all but over already, but IMO he should have played a full strength side last night and taken all 3 points.
I can understand why he didn't. Keeping players fresh for what is (to Livi) a bigger game is sensible management when you're comfy in the table.

Im perfectly happy with the lead, and over the moon that we are going to win the league.

My point remains - nobody has beaten them, except us, for well over a calendar year, largely down to mentality and lack of ambition.
A draw is a defeat in this league when you’re going for titles

"Lennon Zapped by Livi Munchkin"

0_Livingston-v-Celtic-Ladbrokes-Scottish-Premiership.jpg

:))

I can understand why he didn't. Keeping players fresh for what is (to Livi) a bigger game is sensible management when you're comfy in the table.
beating the same drum here..... but "comfy" is exactly the issue in the SPFL with nobody showing drive or desire to challenge, simply to stand still. Absolutely not one club bothered to put the foot down when we were out the league and try and go after them, and quite frankly as it stands most would be happy to see the poets win the league from now until the end of time. The modus operandi is simply to exist, it's pathetic.

Effort levels ramped up to 1000 when they play us though.

beating the same drum here..... but "comfy" is exactly the issue in the SPFL with nobody showing drive or desire to challenge, simply to stand still. Absolutely not one club bothered to put the foot down when we were out the league and try and go after them, and quite frankly as it stands most would be happy to see the poets win the league from now until the end of time. The modus operandi is simply to exist, it's pathetic.

Effort levels ramped up to 1000 when they play us though.
Comfy is enough for a lot of teams though - you might not accept it, but it's a reality to so many middling teams across the world who aren't good enough to win titles but always fear the drop.

Livi put in some amount of effort over the last two games. Even the poorer mentally challenged side from the weekend cost a hundred times what their team cost, and they dominated that one. Their reserves showed some great heart to come back from losing a lead to get a point, and really, they should have won.

I can't see Livi putting in more effort against us than they have in the past two games, primarily because we won't let them.

Comfy is enough for a lot of teams though - you might not accept it, but it's a reality to so many middling teams across the world who aren't good enough to win titles but always fear the drop.

Livi put in some amount of effort over the last two games. Even the poorer mentally challenged side from the weekend cost a hundred times what their team cost, and they dominated that one. Their reserves showed some great heart to come back from losing a lead to get a point, and really, they should have won.

I can't see Livi putting in more effort against us than they have in the past two games, primarily because we won't let them.
I understand the points you are making, however I cannot agree with it as being an acceptable mindset where there is no desire to challenge

Again revert to the comment from a manager (cant remember who), saying that "our fight isnt with celtic" - fucking sums it up. Losers.

As poor as they have been they are still a team full of internationals. The also rams in Scottish football are probably as poor as I can remember them being and European results probably show this.

I understand the points you are making, however I cannot agree with it as being an acceptable mindset where there is no desire to challenge

Again revert to the comment from a manager (cant remember who), saying that "our fight isnt with celtic" - fucking sums it up. Losers.
I sort of agree.

The debate over the mindset of the middle-of-the-road teams in leagues across the world will always be interesting, but in this case I think Livi see winning the Cup as their route to 'greatness' more than beating Celtic in a league game.

I sort of agree.

The debate over the mindset of the middle-of-the-road teams in leagues across the world will always be interesting, but in this case I think Livi see winning the Cup as their route to 'greatness' more than beating Celtic in a league game.
Why not try and do both? Prioritise their league position, then on to the next game. The priority should always be the next game in my opinion, especially when there is a golden opportunity to take maximum points. Hibs were a fucking disgrace the other week as well and just looked happy to play for a point. it's maddening. The result is an aside - i am obviously happy that they are dropping points - but i want them to lose, not fucking draw. However I am talking about mentality, and approach.

Derek McInnes, February 2017, after being comprehensively gubbed by the poets, again:

“The fight is not with Celtic . The fight is to make sure we get second spot."

it's absolutely shit.

That’s an eye opening quote. When is it from?

That’s an eye opening quote. When is it from?
February 2017. He is saying he isnt in a fight with Celtic, he is in a fight with Rangers, and two other teams, to secure second place. Hence why they will try infinitely harder against us than they will against the scum. I cant believe cunts are blind to this.

http://www.scotzine.com/2017/02/forget-celtic-our-fight-is-second-spot-mcinnes/

The fight is not with Celtic . The fight is to make sure we get second spot.

“We’re in a league within a league, that’s how it’s panned out this year.

“There are fights at the bottom of the table and fights for top six. But we are in a fight to finish second with three other teams".

FUCKING LOSER.

February 2017. He is saying he isnt in a fight with Celtic, he is in a fight with Rangers, and two other teams, to secure second place. Hence why they will try infinitely harder against us than they will against the scum. I cant believe cunts are blind to this.

http://www.scotzine.com/2017/02/forget-celtic-our-fight-is-second-spot-mcinnes/

The fight is not with Celtic . The fight is to make sure we get second spot.

“We’re in a league within a league, that’s how it’s panned out this year.

“There are fights at the bottom of the table and fights for top six. But we are in a fight to finish second with three other teams".

FUCKING LOSER.
He’s a shitebag. So presumably his fight is with Celtic this season and his team will be trying harder against them?

LOL.

Liewell wants Lennon to jump and save a bit of money, He leaves lennon where he is to take the flak and the immense pressure.

Lennon subs Celtics best three players last night and heeps the pressure back on liewell .

Fantastic stuff.

It'll be an extremely tough game for us, because he'll play a full strength side. It wont matter in the grand scheme of things as the league is all but over already, but IMO he should have played a full strength side last night and taken all 3 points.
Totally agree mate.
The run livi are on they could be pressing for a euro spot if they had any ambition.

Celtic goalkeeper Vasilis Barkas has conceded every shot he's faced in 2021 as both Livingston shots on target found the back of the net.
The summer signing failed to make a single save in the 1-0 loss to Rangers at Ibrox.

And David Martindale's men managed just two on Wednesday night but still game away with a 2-2 draw.
In his last four Premiership games he's faced six shots on target, conceding four of them.
Against St Johnstone, Rangers and Livingston he failed to make a single save while conceding four.
Barkas' Premiership save percentage is just .652, the fourth worst record in the division.
Standing in stark contrast are Rangers goalkeepers Jon McLaughlin and Allan McGregor who are first and second respectively.
Both save over 80 per cent of the shots they face with McLaughlin's save percentage at .846 and McGregor .828.
That doesn't take into account the quality of shots faced but there too it doesn't look great for Barkas.

Only question for me is how come it’s taken so long for browns bully boy behaviour to be penalised when he’s got away with it for years. Nice to see the rats had a nice sun tan however good preparation for the game.

Livi have taken more points off celtic in the last 18 months than Aberdeen have in the last 4 and a half years
As posted earlier in the thread, "their fight is not with celtic"

Only question for me is how come it’s taken so long for browns bully boy behaviour to be penalised when he’s got away with it for years. Nice to see the rats had a nice sun tan however good preparation for the game.
I agree, “ Snus right Broony get on their and sort that wee Barsteward oot”.....Broon then pretends he’s not feeling the cold and stripped to the waist comes on and within a few minutes coat hangs the young fella...plastic hard man.

Back