London Branch

Libertonchaz

I take it the London Branch is still going strong. Travelled up a few times on the bus. Remember one guy from Uxbridge called Ted. I can picture a few faces but can’t put any names to them.

Used to get dropped off at a pub on Kingston Street I think. Not too sure it’s there any more.

I take it the London Branch is still going strong. Travelled up a few times on the bus. Remember one guy from Uxbridge called Ted. I can picture a few faces but can’t put any names to them.

Used to get dropped off at a pub on Kingston Street I think. Not too sure it’s there any more.

It was the Clyde Inn, which is long gone. Big Peter and the lads used to pop in for breakfast.

London Branch is still going strong. 60th Anniversary this year, hopefully if some normality will be some events. Sure there will be plenty of good merchandise. Ted has retired to Scotland but still a member and at every game.
I remember the first meeting I went to was in a pub on the Holloway Road. Maybe 1980’s.

Ted AKA cider man believe he back in Dunfermline now and is active on here what a man!!!!

Used to travel up with the London lads and the Surrey True Blues. Great bunch of lads. Good memories, especially in the Tankstelle and my subsequent liaison with 2 ladies of the night B-D

Helikerr.
144598718_2995054914049988_788546783203511547_n.jpg

It was the Clyde Inn, which is long gone. Big Peter and the lads used to pop in for breakfast.

Spent many a happy hour in the Clyde Inn. A great pint or six and Mary(quite a character) did a mean Giant Porker, chips and beans to soak it up. A few punts on the nags in Maggie Morton's next door and good lads like Billy, Rab and Wee Cuddles. Some great sing songs after Gers victories.

Wish I could have those days back. :(

Will be my pleasure.
Both are well respected amongst the Rangers family.
A proper gentleman and all round good bloke who you can talk all day long to and his knowledge and memory of all things Rangers is amazing I last seen about 15 years ago, Mrs Cider came from Besbrook if you need to confirm I’m “ entitled to remain” and am not an imposter

Spent many a happy hour in the Clyde Inn. A great pint or six and Mary(quite a character) did a mean Giant Porker, chips and beans to soak it up. A few punts on the nags in Maggie Morton's next door and good lads like Billy, Rab and Wee Cuddles. Some great sing songs after Gers victories.

Wish I could have those days back. :(

She was one of a kind was Mary. But she was fucking raging the day she was stuck up on top of the bus shelter outside with her whisky and water.

Can still see the looks on the bus passengers faces when the spotted here up there swallying away.

This brings back great memories. Early 80s on the overnight sleepers from London and all day in the Clyde inn. Brilliant league championship and cup final parties and the night we stuck wee Mary on the bus shelter was brilliant.

then joined the Stoke bus in the 90s and started taking the bus to the Clyde. Great days with pool tournaments against the London Branch.

happy days

Lived in London for 2 years and joined the branch. An absolutely cracking bunch of lads and woman. Ted is a character he’s dedication to the bears is phenomenal for someone who lived in London or there about.

Are you from Renfrew mate or are you Prince Charles? If the latter, I would like to say thanks for helping with the funds at Ibrox along with the OO and the UVF.
The royal burgh its self Renfrew similar to you with your call sign REMO town tells me that there is a Renfrew connection

The Sols Arms rings a bell with me.Early 70's I think.
Sols Arms was before the Hemmingford at Warren Street, used again briefly in 90s before it shut. US World Cup in 94 interesting evening when meeting in there was at same time as Irish game in WC.

Ted is still a London Branch stalwart. He along with several other Branch members were awarded Honorary Membership a couple of years ago in recognition of his dedication to the Branch over many years. Between them they represent hundreds of years and thousands of games supporting the Rangers. True Bears to a man.

I remember going to games with the London Branch. Overnight train up on a Friday and return on the Saturday night. I believe we used to meet in the New Inn near Euston. Used to get lively on trips up cos some of their supporters used to get on the wrong train, they were supposed to go up on Saturday mornings.

Back