Look who was at the £5,000 a head undeclared dinner in Cannes

Suppose this will help Murray get planning permission for all his proposed green belt developments in Edinburgh. It would be interesting to see what land developments were approved in the months following this dinner.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council said: “The council makes absolutely no secret of the fact Glasgow attends the MIPIM event and why – which is to attract investment to the city. This year, Glasgow attended as part of a larger Scottish delegation.

He added that council leader, councillor Susan Aitken, would update her register of interests with details of the MIPIM hospitality she received.

“This was an oversight which was immediately rectified when brought to our attention. The leader of the council is more than happy to share details of her engagements at MIPIM,” the spokesman said.

An "oversight"!!!

And why isn't the Scottish MSM uncovering stories like this?

If the cost was £5,000 then the receipt of such hospitality would be viewed as excessive and inappropriate and could therefore be viewed as a bribery. No official of a public body should accept what could be viewed as excessive hospitality.

If this report is true every attendee from local Govt and Finance Minister needs sacked if they haven’t been declared as an official listed visit

Totally agree that £5k a head and SNP Govt complaining about food banks need slagged off for being two faced hypocrites

once upon a time I was told by a guy I considered to be a conspiracy theorist that Murray was from disreputable stock and was out to do us harm , laughed in his face , not so sure now .

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council said: “The council makes absolutely no secret of the fact Glasgow attends the MIPIM event and why – which is to attract investment to the city. This year, Glasgow attended as part of a larger Scottish delegation.

He added that council leader, councillor Susan Aitken, would update her register of interests with details of the MIPIM hospitality she received.

“This was an oversight which was immediately rectified when brought to our attention. The leader of the council is more than happy to share details of her engagements at MIPIM,” the spokesman said.

An "oversight"!!!

And why isn't the Scottish MSM uncovering stories like this?
The SNP dont attract investment, its the opposite.
If they got in , the tumbleweed would be blowing through our towns and cities like something out of a western movie.

£5k a head for dinner is low end for MIPIM real estate event, it’s one of the biggest high end conferences annually for the city - have a look at event, comments etc - far more digging to be done as you just don’t go for 1 dinner!!

£5k a head for dinner is low end for MIPIM real estate event, it’s one of the biggest high end conferences annually for the city - have a look at event, comments etc - far more digging to be done as you just don’t go for 1 dinner!!

Yup, my initial response to these things is that it's always hugely unlikely you're caught first time round.

The SNP paper shredder will be working OT this weekend

It’s Murray’s son. They still have significant property investments. Needless to say I hope they all go south.

It's the big property and construction conference of the year and has been going for years. You need a lot of money to go there. In Fairness ( which is not easy) it is where you can meet people with money for investment. However any invites should be declared. If I have read the article correctly it was 5k in total still expensive. However not the worst way to spend a few days. I would worry with Murray and Aitken sitting together ,I would not expect either to be doing anything to our benefit.

SNP politicians can do what they like and be as thick and unfit to run anything as they like as long as they represent the snp they’ll get votes and excused for anything. A large number are clueless politicians and running the country is the last thing they care about.
It’s a free ride while blaming everybody else as long as they have a yellow noose lapel badge on.

Back